All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: I joined the generator death cult the other day
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:31 am 
Medium Poster

Finally after months of gruelling initiation beat-downs.

Generators 7.5m & 5.5m have been smuggled through secret cell networks to my isolated ends of the earth.

I'm STOKED with the dreaded death generator, & I'm bound for extinction, flying unhooked towards an evolutionary dead end.

I know , I know, I know..... I'm out-moded & superseded by the Flat-Hybrid-with-C-like-feel-Bridal-Pulley-Technological-Breakthrough.

But I dont care,

I'm way upwind of all that B.S.

Ha haha aahaa haa ha!!!

Disclaimer: For this post, I am collecting royalties from Airush, Tophat ,Felix, SWK,et al & I am getting an all expenses paid trip to Myanmar kiting the waves of disease in the Irawadi. The dictatorship government is very pleased to be welcoming my generator death-cult

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: I joined the generator death cult the other day
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:28 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Translation; seano's being waiting months for his ordered generators to arrive, and at last against all odds , Airush got their shit together and shipped seano's kites to NZ, and seano is stokeddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After his first try on the 7.5 he is a believer, destined to a future of being an Airush devotee :thumb: :thumb:

Disclaimer ; I don't ride generators and I'm a free agent who says and rides what I like 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:51 am 
Rare Poster

Congratulations, could be worthwhile chucking up a review and see how many bows you can convert :lol:

Enjoy
Matt

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:43 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hands down the best post of the year. See you in Myanmar.

P.S. I was paid 10,000 Euros to post this.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:43 am 
Frequent Poster

I heard that Myanmar is a bit gusty and offshore. Maybe a bow might have been better.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:49 am 
Very Frequent Poster

They show a little video before the plane lands in Myanmar that tells you they have a zero tolerance policy for smuggling bridles into the country and the penalty is death.

Welcome to the dark side.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:04 am 
Very Frequent Poster

awesome to hear you like your kites.
very jealous of your travels.

just a curious question, not to start a stupid debate: what size kites you got? How many?(seems one need more C's then Hybrids')(like way back when)
Please, let's not start a debate, I am just asking on what gear to take to travel

How is the kiting in Maynmar? Similar to Hawaii?
I need to start traveling again, that's why I ask.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Myanmar is just like Kahala with typhoid or Toes with gangrene.

For Oahu (12-30mph) I (and all the others who fly the dark kite) have a 5.5m and a 7.5m. If it's too light to go on the 7.5 no one is kiting on anything, if it's too windy for the 5.5m then it's just crap anyway. Just my humble well paid opinion. The 7.5 pretty close in generated pull to other brands 9m Cs but very stable and tame.

ps. I found out Toby is paying me in Rupiah and not Euros. How much is 10,000 rupees?

and you thought I was paid by airush. hah.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:18 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

for comparison, The guys on Torches are on 9m and 7m. When I flew bows I had a nine and a six DNA to go in the same exact wind or a 7 and 9 shockwave. Now guys with bows on this side mostly fly the 9 cult or 9 helix. The 9m bows have a huge wind range and they can almost keep up with the 7.5 generator in the light winds (usually the bow guys bust a 12 for the really light stuff but they are mostly bigger guys) the real increase in wind range with a bow is that you can stay on your 9 when it is blowing 30 plus while us fixed loop guys go get our 5.5s. Not to start a debate either but the bows "advantage" seems to be more wind range on the upper end at the expense of light wind performance. This makes sense when you consider that they are made for "depower" and not "morepower" The generator is philosophically the opposite: a kite designed for "morepower" or maximum efficiency per size.

Short answer is I don't own any more kites than I used to but I wish I had a 3.5 and I might start flying the 9 again once in a while when the sock hangs limp.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

surfingwithkites wrote:
Myanmar is just like Kahala with typhoid or Toes with gangrene.

For Oahu (12-30mph) I (and all the others who fly the dark kite) have a 5.5m and a 7.5m. If it's too light to go on the 7.5 no one is kiting on anything, if it's too windy for the 5.5m then it's just crap anyway. Just my humble well paid opinion. The 7.5 pretty close in generated pull to other brands 9m Cs but very stable and tame.

ps. I found out Toby is paying me in Rupiah and not Euros. How much is 10,000 rupees?

and you thought I was paid by airush. hah.

Hey just out of interest what overall line length from bar to end of lines are you using on these kites?

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next