All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New naish bar problems...
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:13 am 
Frequent Poster

hi there folks, ive been testing the new naish 'shift system' bar on the 08 alliance and a few issues have immediately come to my attention.

The first issue, is that for some reason, the bar seems to have too much depower adjustment and not enough power up... What i mean is, with all the knots and pigtails and depower cleat etc all in MAX power setting, i have just enough power to ride in moderate conditions with the bar pulled right in close to my body against the chicken loop. Then when the wind picks up some, if you let the bar away from you, it goes so far that you can hardly reach it!!!

Now i know what some of you are thinking at this point.... "no big deal because you just ajust the bar where you want it using the stopper" Well this doesnt work anymore once the chicken loop lines get a little use, and get thinner and harder... The stopper no longer stops the bar where you want it. When you get a good gust, edge hard, or load up for a jump, the stoppper slips and the bar goes out and you loose all the power. Its to the point now where i wont ride it like this anymore, i need to fix it somehow, BUT HOW?

So, to fix the first issue, too much depower, i have retied some knots in the pigtails on the bar alot shorter which seems to have helped some. The next thing is to somehow get the bar to lock in without slipping on the stopper. The north one seems to work, is there any other ideas out there?

has anyone else experinced these issues?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: New naish bar problems...
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:25 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Havent had the stopper problems..

But the trim options are as you say. Think they dont want to see somebody overshet their kites, like the old days. :roll:

I have just cut off some plastic on the leader lines, and made a lower knot on the leaders..

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:32 am 
Frequent Poster

long time no see paff, ive been absent from this forum for many years, nice to see some familiar names still here...

How long have you been using the bar?

i had no issues with the stopper when it was new, but now.... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have a kiteschool that have used them since 2007.

I have a wavebar (18m lines) whit the smartloop that i use. My freestylebars, i like the old setup better as i use a jumbo CL, and above the bar trim. Havent seen the new smartloop whit bigger loops.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:29 pm 
Rare Poster

How do you guys like this kite anyway

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Have used the stopper since it came out, and have not experienced any slippage. Sounds weird that the bar is so out of tune. Mine came ready to go out of the box. There was a slight oversheeting if the bar is pulled in fully. I usually ride with the bar about 1 inch from the chickenloop so that was just about perfect for me. If I want to do any unhooked I simply depower the same inch or more if I am overpowered before unhooking.

Joburg: I have only ridden the Alliance in slightly underpowered conditions, so I can't say too much. It has a good solid feel, nice powered loops and felt fast....again my experience with it is limited...there was a thread here just a short while ago, and that guy seemed to like the alliance a lot.

I'm liking the Cult and Helix a whole lot though :-)

A.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:37 am 
Frequent Poster

the kite tself is great, it turns fast, flies fast, loops fast although without much pull (i kinda miss the big yank in a kiteloop tho), depowers alot etc... id say its a great wave kite.

its the bar that sux.

like paff said, you need to cut off some of the plastic from the leaders on the bar and re-tie knots further down to shorten the back lines, unless you like to fly the kite close to your body 1 inch from the chicken loop! :rollgrin:

Id like to know if anyone else has the problems with the stopper slipping??? i dont see a way of fixing this without replacing the rope? or using a different system, in which case you might aswell buy a different bar system...

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:12 am 
Very Frequent Poster

cyclone wrote:
like paff said, you need to cut off some of the plastic from the leaders on the bar and re-tie knots further down to shorten the back lines, unless you like to fly the kite close to your body 1 inch from the chicken loop! :rollgrin:

ok then.. :o :o let me rephrase it...I like having full power there...don't use all the power all of the time.

Many reasons not to want a lot of oversheeting if you pull the bar fully in. IMO

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:52 pm 
Frequent Poster

I've never had a problem with the stopper, actually I don't ride against it unless I am spining the bar, when I want to jump I don't put the bar against the stopper either...

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Try mounting the stopper upside-down, it could help. Talk with your dealer if turning the stopper isn't helping, as your problem shouldn't be a problem.

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next