All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: How do you ride a wave with a kite?
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:03 pm 
Frequent Poster

This post is for you Mr. paragraph poster. :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:
Have fun with it.:runaway:

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: How do you ride a wave with a kite?
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:42 pm 
Medium Poster

Hey i can regular goofy surf pretty averagely O.K. - cutties, rios, floaters, the odd bazza etc.

I also ride waves with a kite but that is when the waves are blown out shizzle and mostly the wind/waves combination suck and the skyward appendage, bar & accoutrements all add up to very crap riding compared to how i can surf.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:56 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

the synergy kite.
u get in the wave, unhook, let the bar go, the kite leash in suicide leash mode, connected to your harness in your back. u ride the wave like a surfer ( just connected to the kite by the suicide leash.
when u reached the end of your run, u took your leash back , get the hook back and kite again.

the synergy will stay at the zenith all the time, drifting behind/above you while you r in the surfer mode. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:25 pm 
Frequent Poster

Mr. Hat,

you can't, you need a board also :cool2:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:23 pm 
Frequent Poster

Nice to see someone is paying attention. :yourock:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:50 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I don't think we should talk about how to ride waves. I take it very personally when people do this and it threatens my style and makes me feel like you guys are telling me how I should ride. Please don't discuss technique or riding styles anymore. It is purely up to each individual and the best rider in the world is the guy who has the most fun. Every style and every kite and every board produces exactly the same result and everybody rips so hard in this sport that every other board sport on earth is totally jealous of kiters doing fifty yard bottom turns and other totally cool tricks like rad tail slides and awesome laybacks that surfers only wish they could do. Besides, straps let kiters do the coolest 540 airs and bowkites let us do the sickest roundhouses. It's all so cool and I am so excited to just fly my seven line nine strut six pulley redbullet bandito that sometimes I just pump up even when there is no wind and I sleep in my harness.

We now return you to you regularly scheduled program: talking about bow kite patents and lubricating pulleys.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:59 am 
Very Frequent Poster

SWK, props bro finally somebody wiht sum sense :hangloose:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:06 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart
Hey , Tophat

u cant kite without tophat ! :jump: :cool2:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:39 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I'm not going to be taking any style lessons from a guy that wears a tophat when kiting.

Looking for somebody a little less contrived. Come to think of it: strapless and unhooked is a bit contrived also. Kind of like downhill telemark skiing.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:08 am 
Frequent Poster

I beg to differ, riding without straps and unhooked is a great example of MANNING THE F*** UP!!! Its similar in creativity to Rubens megaloops. I will never try to mimic them, (partly b/c I am not nearly skilled enough) but they are def. inspiring. Kiting should be about freedom and creativity. the more uniqu your riding and the more stylish it looks, the better. This is of course my opinion, and I am not nearly good (or stylish) enough to be in the conversation, but I like all the innovators like Tophat, ruben, hadlow, ,dimitri, dre alex, alvaro etc. Kiting should go in its own direction, censorship is NEVER a good thing, so we shouldnt mimc wakeboarding, gliding, skiing, surfing or whatever else. Of course this is just my opinion, and subject to change with the wind direction...

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next