All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: First flight on a 2015 Bandit 17m
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:14 am 
Rare Poster

Not even going to hype it up. 6-20mph wind range. Tested 180lbs riders in all conditions.

Apologies we just ordered a new Cannon A1S to film the action shots. We were so impressed and excited by the performance of the new 2015 bandit 17m we had to get something out right away.

here is the video: http://youtu.be/9bbq2yct1ck

The 14m was falling out of the sky and I had to keep it very active up high. Right away the wind window opened up 20 degrees beyond the 14m in just 6-9mph wind on the 17m. Its fast as in faster then a 14m switchblade. low low end power is unmatched and we also just tested it in 20mph gusts. This kite has a huge wind range, nine color options and a fair price.

more info and to see the full review:
https://ltdwatersports.com/shop/all-sho ... bandit-b8/

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: First flight on a 2015 Bandit 17m
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:47 am 
Very Frequent Poster

How is the lift and hangtime in 20mph?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:49 pm 
Frequent Poster

How thick are the LE and the struts? Did they go with a thin, standard, or heavy duty design in that regard?

I agree with your comment that they need a bigger bar. Having tried out my Fat Lady v3 with a Blade Unibar (max 52cm), I prefer the extra length of a 55cm LF CPR bar, the turning goes from good to great in light wind. Just finished getting a Response bar which will let me go to 56cm. The larger bar is really necessary for 16m+ kites, they dont like the smaller bars at all. In contrast my 12m can handle a 45-50cm bar and be quite happy. If you are selling these, encourage people to try it with an alternate bar that is longer than the 52cm Monolith bar- they will get even better speed just by changing the length of the control bar. Shame, as the new Monolith bars are nice too. They just are not big enough for this size kite. Its hard for a manufacturer to justify a control bar dedicated to lightwind kites due to low volumes, but it does change the performance alot.

Ironically, I bought my 17m v3 Blade Fat Lady because it reminded me of how the 10m/12m B7 flies in suitable wind, albeit in much lower wind. My friends who I have trusted with my v3 agree with my opinion. But excited to see more performance oriented kites in the lightwind category! Hope f-One keeps the size in their lineup and continues to refine it; Ill demo it in 18 months when I come up on my next upgrade cycle.

PS: Nice rib cage harness, any more and it would have been a chest harness not a waist harness lol!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:38 pm 
Medium Poster

im interested in how it stands back to back with a Flite, Zeypher or 15.5 Solo. Do you have any experience with these kites in 2014 or 15 models?

[ 4 posts ]