Any Feedback on 08 Flexifoil Ion3?

Forum for kitesurfers
RipItUp
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any Feedback on 08 Flexifoil Ion3?

Postby RipItUp » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:56 am

Looking for some feedback on the new Flexi Ion3. Specifically the 8.5 and 10.5. How does the Ion3 compares to the Ion2 in the following areas.

Bar Pressure & Feel of the kite.
Turning speed & Speed through the window.
Jumping & Hangtime.
Stability & Depower.
Wind Range.

If you noticed any other significant changes please let me know. Thanks.

bodnsay
Rare Poster

Re: Any Feedback on 08 Flexifoil Ion3?

Postby bodnsay » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:52 am

I tried the Ion3 but have no experience on the Ion2.
What I liked:
Direct feeling even using it with the bridles. Fast turning. Good lowend windrange (couldn`t try the Depower at upper windrange yet). Jumps not as wide as the Best Nemesis but at least it feels higher and the jumps are a bit more explosive.
Stability is perfect, even if you jump behind it, with no pressure any more it stays there, and while going backwards starts just litle bit of roll moment, but as it does this so slow, it gets tension to the line before it rolls to much, and then it`s back in the wind window with full controllability. Not many kites behave this stable!
And the manufacture quality seems just perfect.
Will be my new kite for 2008!

What I didn`t like: the high price
and the Ion3 Bar is perfect, except you have no 5th Line going through the swivel. You have to buy this depower strap with the swivel for another 50€ to make it perfect, but then it`s the best on the market!

AndreasEstonia
Rare Poster

Re: Any Feedback on 08 Flexifoil Ion3?

Postby AndreasEstonia » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:36 am

I dont have any experiences on ion2-s also but own a 8,5 ion3 and gonna get 12,5 for lower end. I'm upgrading from Rhino 2006. I had a quiver of 7, 10 and 14. I weigh 69 kg. Board is Delta 129x38,5.
The 8,5 is a true rocket. Havent tried the top end yet but the low end for my weight is about 15 knots. I use it on 5-line mode. Feels almost like a C but loops are a little less powered but still OK. Depower is good. Bar pressure fairly light. Flies more inside the window than my Rhinos. Very stable. Actually cant think of anything I dont like at the moment. Ofcourse havent flown it that much yet.

Return to “Kitesurfing”