Handlepassing Question

Forum for kitesurfers
chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Handlepassing Question

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Currently, when I do a handlepass (unhooked jump without a backroll or anything, pull myself up, initiate the turn with my head, let go with back hand, pass, land one-handed)....the kite loops at the end. I don't reach up and grab with my other hand.

I kinda like the kiteloop, but sometimes the kite loses too much power and I land pretty hard, or the jump was too high initially and I land hot as shiz.

I tend to "split" the chicken rope with my forward hand and let go with the rear, so the kite doesn't start turning when I'm passing. Should I reverse this and just jump with both hands next to the chicken rope, and when I re-grab the bar, try and split the chicken rope? This just occurred to me and wondering what others do.

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: My own beach
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad, 9m/11m
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Handlepassing Question

Postby kiter147 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:52 pm

well what you probably do is try to pull yourself when that takes a little more practice. when i started doing handle passes i just held the middle of the bar and hung right on it, so the kite wouldnt move. and try to feel for the back lines then put your fingers between them when doing the handle pass.

Return to “Kitesurfing”