richardamo1
Rare Poster
Gear: 08 waroo 11mtr and 15mtr also 9 12 16 07 rhino, 132 underground
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: news north evo 09? translation

Postby richardamo1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:57 am

:D hey guys and girls any body out there translate the 09 evo test on the oase website, unfortunately i do not speak nor understand german or austrian, i could be wrong and please forgive my ignorance to foreign languages :lol: it would be cool to get the idea of whats going on with the 09 evo , sounds like it could be my next kite for sure , any help would be greatly appreciated.

Charlier
Rare Poster

Re: news north evo 09?

Postby Charlier » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:32 am

I went to the dealer meeting and had a couple of days on the evo 09, great bit of kit. Will be putting a review up on Powerkiteshop.com as soon as possible.

richardamo1
Rare Poster
Gear: 08 waroo 11mtr and 15mtr also 9 12 16 07 rhino, 132 underground

Postby richardamo1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:56 am

:D hey charlier ,thats cool , am really looking forward to your initial impressions, i have just moved on my 08 waroos and have got 2 new 08 evos arriving this week with a trade up deal on the table for the 09s when they get released so amm really keen to get some info :jump:

titouanheiva
Rare Poster

Postby titouanheiva » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:34 pm

yo dude the evo's are totally radical man, they have really light bar pressure and turn nice, dont stall so good for unhook, mega stable so again good for freestyle and handle passadoodles, go check out gowerkiteriders.com/blog theres more info on all the north range !!!

go big or go home

t2

vasco
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vasco » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi all

I'd like to have some feedback on sizes.
I'm riding 9m&7m 08 Rebels with surfboard.
This year I will ride the 09 Evos.
Where i ride, some days i'm overpowered with my 7m.
I'm 180 pounds (82kg).
Is the 9&6 Evos 09 gap to big?
I like to ride my kites in the sweet spot.
Good 2009 for everybody.

Best winds
Vasco

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:47 pm

vasco wrote:Hi all

I'm 180 pounds (82kg).
Good 2009 for everybody.

Best winds
Vasco
Hi Vasco,

I just spent my 2 weeks xmas holidays in Brasil with brandnew Evos 09.
I do come from Evo 08 in 7/9/12m, 4-line usage only.
The 7m has improved significantly, what is less of a surprise as the 08 model
worked with 3 struts only, which was fine in waves and clean wind, but lacked support in really
shitty gust conditions. The 09 7m now is on par with the brilliant 7m Rebel. But with added autorelaunch and unmatched stability in lulls. I used it more often than the 08 one and even more than my beloved 07 Rebel 7m. Great range, starting well below 20 kts.

The 9m got a bit slower in turning speed. I prefered the 08 in this size as I move the kite with each turn in a wave. But lots of newbies to our sport will appreciate the new speed as well as the unhooked fraction I assume. I don´t think that a real wave kite will ever stoke a new school guy. Unfortunately even in a 4 model line up as North owns it´s supposed to appeal any kind of riding style.

A friend of mine took a 6m Evo to SA and was quite impressed. 6m seems not only to be 1m smaller but also eating up anything beyond 30+ kts. If you found your 7m Rebel to be too big on some days, give the 6m a try, Evos do have a massive low end !

As my girl friend used the Evos for her first steps, I can also note, that the autorelaunch works even better now. Not the procedure itself, but the stability of the kite at the edge of the wind window is very impressive: where I found the old Evo to kick into a face to face position from time to time, the 09 one now fully reliably waits for a signal to launch. We handed over the kite always from this position, irrespectable if from beach or water.

The 12m I used for 2 hours only in lowest winds. I´d say its got a slightly better low end and what is more important to me: all 3 sizes I tested have improved MUCH in terms of upwind abilities rigged with 4-line bars and without any noseline support.

hope that helps !

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Foxi wrote:
vasco wrote:Hi all

I'm 180 pounds (82kg).
Good 2009 for everybody.

Best winds
Vasco
Hi Vasco,

I just spent my 2 weeks xmas holidays in Brasil with brandnew Evos 09.
I do come from Evo 08 in 7/9/12m, 4-line usage only.
The 7m has improved significantly, what is less of a surprise as the 08 model
worked with 3 struts only, which was fine in waves and clean wind, but lacked support in really
shitty gust conditions. The 09 7m now is on par with the brilliant 7m Rebel. But with added autorelaunch and unmatched stability in lulls. I used it more often than the 08 one and even more than my beloved 07 Rebel 7m. Great range, starting well below 20 kts. I can´t say where its sweetspot ends up as my max. windspeed was 28 kts where I found it still to be in its sweetspot. Believe me, I hate overpowered kites and will never limit my quiver to be forced into this kind of misfit.

The 9m got a bit slower in turning speed. I prefered the 08 in this size as I move the kite with each turn in a wave. But lots of newbies to our sport will appreciate the new speed as well as the unhooked fraction I assume. I don´t think that a real wave kite will ever stoke a new school guy. Unfortunately even in a 4 model line up as North owns it´s supposed to appeal any kind of riding style. I see the 9m´s sweetspot somewhere in the 16/17 - 22/23 kts area when used in waves on a 38 wide twintip.

A friend of mine took a 6m Evo to SA and was quite impressed. 6m seems not only to be 1m smaller but also eating up anything beyond 30+ kts. If you found your 7m Rebel to be too big on some days, give the 6m a try, Evos do have a massive low end !

As my girl friend used the Evos for her first steps, I can also note, that the autorelaunch works even better now. Not the procedure itself, but the stability of the kite at the edge of the wind window is very impressive: where I found the old Evo to kick into a face to face position from time to time, the 09 one now fully reliably waits for a signal to launch. We handed over the kite always from this position, irrespectable if from beach or water.

The 12m I used for 2 hours only in lowest winds. I´d say its got a slightly better low end and what is more important to me: all 3 sizes I tested have improved MUCH in terms of upwind abilities rigged with 4-line bars and without any noseline support.

hope that helps !

vasco
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vasco » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Thanks Foxy.
What line lenght are you riding?
If 09 9m is slower turning than 08 that's bad news.
Can I use a 08 scepter bar on a 09 Evo?
Can anyone give me more feedback?

Best winds :thumb:

Faber
Frequent Poster

Postby Faber » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:28 am

@ Foxi:
Hi, regarding the EVO 08 in size 9, can you please tell me when you start feeling over powered ?
I'm 73 kg.
Thanks
Faber

Return to “Kitesurfing”