All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Polish riders help needed.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:11 am 
Medium Poster

Hi all polish riders , Im coming to Poland for couple months from 1 st of August to the end of September, I will be based in Sopot and really need transport to Reva on good wind days , cant get the car cos you guys drive on the wrong side of the road ( in my opinnion anyway) and Im too scared to drive while Im there.
Im taking only my light wind kite with me 10.5 CORE, hope its right size ,it does cover me from 14 to 28 knots.
If anyone of you is coming to Australia (Melbourne) Im happy to help with anything.
Cheers.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Polish riders help needed.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:38 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi. You should ask at kiteforum.pl
in this topic :
http://www.kiteforum.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16016
Im sure there will be no problem to pick you up to Rewa, by local kitesurfers,
but Hel is much better than Rewa
Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:01 pm 
Frequent Poster

do polish riders hold the kite and fly the bar???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:54 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey "20 m or bust"

No they do not. This is a style that was invented and it has been promoted by the united mistakes riders like you.

BTW, 20m??? Are you one of the oversized or perhaps you do not know how to generate the apparent wind flying your bar? :thumb:

Cheers. :bye: :bye:

Attachments:
damn.gif
damn.gif [ 3.18 KIB | Viewed 748 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:00 pm 
Frequent Poster

BLACKJACK wrote:
Im taking only my light wind kite with me 10.5 CORE, hope its right size ,it does cover me from 14 to 28 knots.

One kite could be not enough - second half of August and September are sometimes very windy with strong gales caused by fast moving lows over Baltic sea. You might have up to 3 days in a row with the wind not falling below 25kts. Three years ago we had 3 storms in August with crazy winds over 40kts. But it does mean that we can expect the same this year - but I dream about it.

There are two kite schools in Rewa (www.aloha.pl) and believe they rent a gear too.
Check it up and good luck.
No probs with a transportation - there wil be at least a dozen of guys keen to help you.
It might be a nice girl too - then be carefull. One of your natives (Steve Allen) gave up with Oz due to one Polish beauty :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:17 pm 
Rare Poster

Hello Black Jack You can mail me: mario@kitesoul.pl I think I will be able to help You.

Greets

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:45 pm 
Medium Poster

Dzieki wszystkim za rady , linki etc. :D
BraCuru, I do realize one kite might not be enough but I have to travel light, even my beloved MAKO stays home its a gamble between 7m and 10.5, guess 7m is bigger gamble since I need 18 KNOTS to stay upwind and 24 for sweet spot.
What you said about transport sounds great,about polish beauty even better unfortunatelly its not going to happen, firstly Im not OZ native, but born and raised in Poland, just happens that I also hold New Zealand and Australian passports, secondly Im married and on top of that probably too old as well :( but hey , thanks for keeping my hopes high.
Had a look at the rentals but its not really the option, since I usually stay on water for at least 5 hrs.
Hi Mario, I will be in touch.

See ya all on the water.

[ 7 posts ]