All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 6m Nano the Ultimate wave kite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I've been riding this kite down the line in waves over the last few days and it is awesome.

I've been looking for a small kite like this for years.
It planes upwind and parks in about14>15 knts for me at 80kg on a 6ft surfboard, it smooths out 15>>35knt gusty conditions making them seem like a normal day, and it has a good solid feel on the bar with out being to crazy.

Hands down the best wave riding kite I've ever ridden and finally an SLE that offers a significant step up in wave riding performance over my fuels and octanes.

I have been keeping an open mind and trying all the different SLE kites as they came out but they all have been far too unresponsive when low in the window in front of decent waves in down the line conditions, but this little 6m Nano is simply amazing!!

If you are into serious wave riding grab one of these and try it and see what you think yourself.

I'll be trying the 9m Nano out in the next few days to see what its like and if its anything like the 6m I might have a 2 kite wave riding quiver for all conditions. 8)

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: 6m Nano the Ultimate wave kite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:22 pm 
Frequent Poster

Those are strong words coming from a C-kite advocate!

RB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

RickyBobby wrote:
Those are strong words coming from a C-kite advocate!

RB

Yes strong words indeed.
Until now my 8mtr octane was the kite I used to measure others against in down the line waves, but this little nano 6m has more bottom end than the 8m octane and more top end than my 5mtr diesel, and is so smooth and responsive its awesome.
It feels solid on the bar ( almost like my 9m fuel ) but it changes direction instantly like my 5m diesel and it has a big power window like the fuels so it covers all the bases.

I have tried a lot of kites over the last couple of years and the ozone instinct 7m that my wife has was the pick of the SLE's for DTL waves, but it was still too slow in response for me.
The ozone 7m works well in park and drift riding but if you have too chuck the kite around it still gets too slow on the up turn from low in the window.

The nano 6m will park and drift, or go turn for turn when needed, and like the fuels it will still turn responsively when totally depowered.

So like I said if you are into serious wave riding try out the 6m Nano, and see what you think.

You'll get to use it a whole lot more than you think for a 6m :thumb: :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:23 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hi Kevin,

Just like you i am also a wave addict. Have been riding 4 and 6m Nanos for the past year. Use to ride F-One Tribals II and Slingshot fuels in the past so I feel we kind of have the same background.
All this to say that you have to try the Eclipse Thruster 8 or 10 m with short lines (20m) over the Nano 9m.
I am light (65kg) and only ride surfboards so my "perfect" quiver right now is Nano 4/6m and Thruster 8m all on short lines.
If you can be patient, Eclipse will be releasing for 2009 a dedicated wave kite called KIMA (wave in Greek) which main characteristics are , 3 strut construction, ultra fast turning and relaunch, bombproof construction, Sizes : 4/6/9/12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am 
Very Frequent Poster

windmaker wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Just like you i am also a wave addict. Have been riding 4 and 6m Nanos for the past year. Use to ride F-One Tribals II and Slingshot fuels in the past so I feel we kind of have the same background.
All this to say that you have to try the Eclipse Thruster 8 or 10 m with short lines (20m) over the Nano 9m.
I am light (65kg) and only ride surfboards so my "perfect" quiver right now is Nano 4/6m and Thruster 8m all on short lines.
If you can be patient, Eclipse will be releasing for 2009 a dedicated wave kite called KIMA (wave in Greek) which main characteristics are , 3 strut construction, ultra fast turning and relaunch, bombproof construction, Sizes : 4/6/9/12

I tried the 10m Thruster and the 9m Nano on short lines and for me the 9m Nano is the go.
I was riding waves in 10>>15 knts on the 9m Nano and couldn't fault it.
The 10m thruster for me had no where near the bottom end of the 9m Nano .

I was amazed at what I could do in those light conditions and never had any issues with catching up with the kite. For me the 10m Thruster is way to light on the bar and turns in a wider arc than the 9m Nano so the Nano is the one that suits me.

Interesting cos I understand a lot of people prefer the Thruster over the Nano in the 9m size so it goes to show the need to try out kites before buying them to see what suits our different styles .

The 9m Nano was awesome in light winds and got me going upwind and more importantly down wind on the waves, and in those same conditions the 10 Thruster didn't work the same for me.

So to all you serious wave riders , give these kites a fly if you can and see what you make of them yourself. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:33 am 
Frequent Poster

Good to see that you finally found a decent wave kite out of all the new ones out there Kevin. I too find the 6m Nano the ultimate wave kite up to date. Like windmaker I didn't like the bigger nano sizes either and prefered the 8m and 10m Thrusters but its a matter of personal preferences and local conditions I guess. I'm also more into freestyle combined with wave riding and the Thruster was more suitable for me. But when the winds nuke and the waves grow the 6m Nano is the ultimate for pure wave riding.

Can't wait to try the new KIMA :o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:17 am 
Frequent Poster

how does the nano 6m2 jump? Long hangtime and high or not?

And what's the highend like (for 80kg rider)?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:41 pm 
Frequent Poster

cabron wrote:

I've had my n6 out in about 35 knots, which was good. And I weigh about the same as you. A little less. I actually think the guidelines on eclipsekites.com is very accurate. So tjeck there. I can't remember the official high end on the kite...

Like any other very small kite it hasn't got a huge hangtime, but just around average for an sle, I think. The same with the jumps. It's good, but nothing like the thruster ;) I ride thrusters 95% of the time, so I'm not a super fan of the nano.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

cabron wrote:

Thanks!

Jumping of waves the 6 Nano works well and has enough hangtime to land smoothly. Don't know what it would be like in flat water, don't have any here, it is waves or waves :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:50 am 
Very Frequent Poster

In flat water the NANO 6 is an ok kite. It was designed for the waves, so you will enjoy this kite way better if you are in the Ocean playing with the waves.
For 2009 we are coming up with the THRUSTER 6. So you will have THRUSTER 6-8-10-12-14-16.

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next