Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:02 pm

let me know more about the http://www.kitesurfpro.com thing, if you want to.
Are you developing anything on this site?
Why is it linked to the kitesurfschool.org which I think is a great site to get information to get started!

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Wed Dec 19, 2001 5:19 pm

Hey Toby,

The link to the very helpful kitesurfschool.org is just a temporary stepstone to somewhere cool in case anyone stumbles across my webspace.

I've been riding kiteboards far more than keyboards for the last few years so I've not had the time to develop my websites as much as I would like to.

Also my dreamweaver skills are not up to much yet.

As for KSpro, I was thinking of a pro based site with links and info on all the pro tours and riders etc?

Course, I may be tempted to sell kitesurfpro.com if the right offer came along, I guess it's a pretty good name these days? :smile:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:11 pm

As I remember right there is already a site with pros on the web.
But not really updated. I think it was kiteriders.com, but somehow the site can't be found at the moment. I know that something was on this site because I added it to my favorites. maybe they are redoing it or someone sold it. We will see.

Maybe you should put the domain for sale in the B2B forum, if you are interested in selling it.
The name could be interesting for a pros website. Some use their names but not all of them.
Elliot Leboe reserved kitepro.com, but I just checked and someone from Japan registered it on Dec. 15th 2001!!!
Looks like it expired and Elliot didn't pay attention to it!! Now it is gone...:smile:

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:31 pm

That's bad luck for Elliot... I guess he's been too busy getting stoked to fess about keeping up with his his polluter/web stuff.

I'm sure there are a few pro style sites about like the one you mentioned these days.

I reckon I'll hang onto it for now and get round to developing something next year. I doubt a pro rider would like it as a homepage, I know I wouldn't... maybe Chris 'pro' Calthrop :wink: Bless.

I thought it would be a good site name for a tour or pro competition / event, especially a wave event with the 'surf' bit. For example, the KBPT site is kiteboardpro.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”