Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Need recommendations for a really strong board!!

Forum for kitesurfers
JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need recommendations for a really strong board!!

Postby JGTR » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:41 pm

Snapped another board today and am off first thing tom to get a new one but need some recommendations for a strong board.

In the last 18 months I've snapped a 2007 Nobile 666, 2007 Naish Thorn and now my latest board a 2007 Slingshot Misfit.

All busted doing kiteloops, so the obvious thing would be to stop doing kiteloops, but I can't :twisted: so I'm after a really strong board that will take the abuse, I'm 13.5 stone, which doesn't help :roll:

Only one that comes to mind is the SS Lunacy.....if it stands up to Lenten then a fat bloke like me doing dodgy kiteloops should be fine :lol: ????????????????

Thanks

Jay

grom9200
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach, Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui
Bozo Beach, Cabarete
South Padre Island
Style: Freestyle
Gear: 7,9,11 Best Waroo
124 Best Pro
133 Aggression
Mystic Warrior
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Need recommendations for a really strong board!!

Postby grom9200 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:25 pm

aggression

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:10 pm

I can't remember if we had this discussion before...the 08 Thorn hold just about anything...as far as I heard, they've hardly had any returns on it. If you think it is too heavy of flexy, maybe the 09 thorn full carbon version? It certainly sounds strong. The shape is more similar to the 07 Thorn as far as I could feel, and super light, but with the strength provided by the carbon...of course I can't say how strong it will be, but it certainly sounds strong.

Otherwise, you have the underground boards, that seems to be holding up good. A local rider had them put some extra layers on it to strangthen it..I dunno how much that would cost tho...
what kiteloops are you doing?

a.

foz
Medium Poster

Postby foz » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:09 am

a car ran over my Jaimie pro 2006 right on top of one of the fins and you can barely notice (slight crease) and i've never heard of one breaking amongst my friends who ride them (and most of them ride VERY aggressively and have broken other boards)....just a thought....

MoC
Rare Poster

Postby MoC » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:23 am

Skywalker Dimitri Pro Competition, at least they have a year breakage warranty

duinkiter_rod
Medium Poster
Style: freestyle/wakestyle

Postby duinkiter_rod » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 am

lunacy :thumb:

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:54 am

Didn't Naish go all wood cores because it stops breakage?

I've notice a lot of brands now going all wood for 09. Maybe all wood core is what you should look for.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:11 am

JGTR wrote:Snapped another board today and am off first thing tom to get a new one but need some recommendations for a strong board.

In the last 18 months I've snapped a 2007 Nobile 666, 2007 Naish Thorn and now my latest board a 2007 Slingshot Misfit.

All busted doing kiteloops, so the obvious thing would be to stop doing kiteloops, but I can't :twisted: so I'm after a really strong board that will take the abuse, I'm 13.5 stone, which doesn't help :roll:

Only one that comes to mind is the SS Lunacy.....if it stands up to Lenten then a fat bloke like me doing dodgy kiteloops should be fine :lol: ????????????????

Thanks

Jay

Sorry man but I guess your problem is not the board but rather your riding style :nono:

We have a friend who is a wakeboarder and you can hear his landings 100 feet away with the result he used to break boards like nothing .

He finally got enough and started kiting with his wake board .... shitty upwind abilities but at least it´s holding fine. :wink:

Saludos

Franz

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:58 am

... the new 09 Airush FS boards (Aaron Hadlow replica) 138 x 40 comes with 2 years "no questions" warranty. You may want take a look at this :wink:

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Sorry man but I guess your problem is not the board but rather your riding style
I'm fully aware of this, but I like riding the way I am and I'm not gonna change!!!!!!!

Anyway, wood core seems the way to go :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”