Forum for kitesurfers
Tom183
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Foils Vs. Inflatables

Postby Tom183 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:35 am

Dave_5280 wrote:You have to ask yourself why there are so many more companies making LEI's than foils for kitesurfing.

Also, why does a paraglider and foil maker like Ozone make LEI's for kitesurfing?
Profit margins - LEI's are cheaper to make, more profit for everyone involved.

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.

Postby Billy B. » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:49 am

Tom183 wrote:
Dave_5280 wrote:You have to ask yourself why there are so many more companies making LEI's than foils for kitesurfing.

Also, why does a paraglider and foil maker like Ozone make LEI's for kitesurfing?
I flew a proto kite from ozone a few days ago, It had more throw then any foil I have flown,(including FS) also great proformance. I flew a 11m sport II right after and was shocked how good the foil was compared to the sport(the sport is of course epic). It even had nice light bar pressure. I love the pump up kite and the proformance that goes along with it, But Ozone has the right Idea Instead of only making one type of kite and telling you it's the right one, We make a bunch of kites and let you choose.......

That PMU guy cracks me up, what happen to freedom of choice, thats still pretty much world wide right?????

I'll try any thing with strings......

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!

Postby Aummm » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:32 am

Baboon wrote:LOL and there you go Carlos....Brown nosing! Cute, but get a room why don't you?
:arse: hole, R U Brown nosing 4 PMU to make yourself more creditable :baby: :?:

AdrenalinDriven
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Those dangerous C shaped ones

Postby AdrenalinDriven » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:06 am

Billy B. wrote:
Tom183 wrote:

I flew a proto kite from ozone a few days ago, It had more throw then any foil I have flown,(including FS) also great proformance. I flew a 11m sport II right after and was shocked how good the foil was compared to the sport(the sport is of course epic). It even had nice light bar pressure. I love the pump up kite and the proformance that goes along with it, But Ozone has the right Idea Instead of only making one type of kite and telling you it's the right one, We make a bunch of kites and let you choose.......

That PMU guy cracks me up, what happen to freedom of choice, thats still pretty much world wide right?????

I'll try any thing with strings......

Youre from Utah and I can only assume are strickly a snow kiter right? Well as you may know North makes the Fabio (foil) for snow and Naish used to make the Element for snow etc and thats because kiting on snow and water are really different and thats probably why you preferred the foil. Not bashing :bye:

Baboon

Postby Baboon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:22 pm

So any foilies able to say why the pump up fly so good??? since the FS is better !

Tom....you can bury your head in the sand as long as you like it will ony mean you can't see!! Thats one for anything but the fact that they fly very well! On the other foot aren't you always harping on about how more is spent on advertising, promotion and team etc. which would no doubt reduce profit. So, since your answers are not credible that leaves you with nothing but damage to what you are professing. This is a backlash of using what can be termed propaganda. So in fact you are one of many providing PMU with rational evidence to his claims right or wrong....Talk about irony....

You idiots!!!

Aummmmm.....you just don't get it! maybe Carlos and Tom can help you.

So why does the majority of pump up in their windrange fly so good???

any foily preacher takers??

well thought not!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong, it's not the FS kite I don't like!

:bye:

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:30 pm

Sorry to offend your sensibilities Peter_Frank. However in as much as this thread will survive far longer than my eBay auction I think it is fair to give the trolls a few hours to put their money where their mouth is and bid on the Sonic before the price becomes history they will have to live with.

Babs - I fly both kinds on water and both fly very well. That is not what this thread is about. But as an average guy who will never go pro and who pays for stuff, the difference between a kite that loses greater than 90% of its value vs. the kite that loses 50% really pays in terms of cost of ownership.

There is no easier financial experiment than looking at true market values from items sold on eBay. If you find a closed cell foil like FS or Peter Lynn go for less than this 2 year old tube kite on eBay i promise you the kite will be ancient or damaged.

Jake

Baboon

Postby Baboon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Jake you can't honestly compare an 8m Sonic to FS best tested/proved kite in its most usefull size when its flavour of the month. As I said be happy some mug is willing to pay that much .You realise you are not in say Europe and on the outskirts of FS world where supply is not so sure which can only help you too.

So your reasoning is BS!

All you are saying with that post is its a buyers market for pump ups??? Great!!!

Being professional also has nothing to do with it. The pump up kite generally in its windrange performs really well from beginner up.

Get a grip and see just who the trolls are!

This is just more propaganda to quote someone else

So what is it about then?

Thats right, you unashamedly pimping your dodgy gear!

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tom183 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Baboon wrote:Get a grip and see just who the trolls are!
Takes one to know one yuk yuk yuk
:jump: :lol: 8) :thumb: :bye: :naughty: :rollgrin: :remybussi: :kiss: :girl:

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Baboo wrote:All you are saying with that post is its a buyers market for pump ups??? Great!!
You are right. That is all I am saying and that is a humongous difference in cost of ownership when you include depreciation. Its Honda vs. Hyundai. I have not once criticized the performance of inflatable kites in the air, only on the market. The sonic flies great and IMO was the pick of the litter for its generation and it cannot even compete on the market with my no-depower 4-line fixed bridle 6 meter Mac Bego.

Jake

p.s. Thanks for the Bump.

Baboon

Postby Baboon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:00 pm

No worries!

Clown!

LOL

Return to “Kitesurfing”