All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New North Vegas 2009: anyone tested it???
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:19 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hi,

I guess the Vegas is out there or really close to it so has anyone ttested it and is it much different to 2008?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: New North Vegas 2009: anyone tested it???
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:42 pm 
Frequent Poster

There are two reviews I know of on the UK sites:

One here (on page 2) though it is more photos than review. In a way the silence speaks volumes: http://www.community.flexifoil.com/showthread.php?t=149321&page=2

And one here from Bracklesham Board Riders: http://www.northkites.co.uk/North%20Vegas%2009%20Review.pdf

Both the post of the Flexi forum and the review on BBR are from North retailers with kites to sell so take them with a pinch of salt.

I am eagerly awaiting the first independent reviews.

Best,

BA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:18 pm 
Rare Poster

Got a 10 meter hopefully lined up to fly tomorrow. WIll let you know.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:11 pm 
Rare Poster

I have flown the 10m 09 Vegas and I am not very sure about this kite at all. I have sold my 08's to be ready to buy 09's but now I regret selling and I am now thinking about buying some more 08's (and quickly).

For a start, it took us over 2 hours to tune the kite so that it felt right. Even after 2 hours I was not sure that we had it on the best settings. The kite has way too many setup options and I could not enjoy the kite because I was constantly thinking about the tuning. I have been kiting for 6 years and I couldn't get settings which I was happy with so imagine how a newer rider is going to manage?

The kite has a lower aspect than the 08 and I think it does not boost as good because of it. The 09 seems OK for parking and wakestyle but the 08 was awesome for that anyway. Plus, my 08 9m would not backstall even on full power this 09 10m did want to backstall and again, needed tuning to remove the unhooked backstall (even then we did not eliminate it totally). The wind was about 20-25mph by the way.

In total I tested for about 4.5 hours so far and at the moment I think the 08 was/is a better kite. I would like to test the 09 some more but had to give this one back.

Hope that infos helps some ppl.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:51 pm 
Medium Poster

The '08 is a really good kite but I'd be happy if they just remade the '06

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:32 pm 
Frequent Poster

Not a review as such but a few shots of it being flown by North-West UK rider Luke Whiteside. Segment with the Vegas starts at 07.00. It is quite a cool video from the start though and well edited by local kiter Kevin O'Brien so you might just want to get some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/1637921

B.A.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:54 pm 
Medium Poster

I cannot understand why they have made such a confusing kite with so many different setup options. The whole point of a C kite is to keep it simple and thats what people want. They want somebody to go away and design a kite and make it better than previous and for the test team to fiddle around with it moving pigtails and various and then come back and say yes heres how it performs best and we like it try it and see if you do. North seem to have gone away tried to make the 08 better ( which is going to be pretty hard to do) and then said well we are really not sure can you test it for us. Derrr! Putting more sweep in the arc and taking it away from a pure c shape is a really really bad idea aswell. It looks shit!

If they had just tweeked the 08 it would of been so much better

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:16 am 
Medium Poster

We were sent the 9 vegas this last weekm and have had about 3 hours to use it

We gave it to North Rider Luke, to get the feel of, and like many have said, took a while to set up, There are two connection points to conect the fron lines to, one that connect quit far up the tips which gives a very high derpower freeride setting.
The other one connects in a simlar place to the 08 front lines do, which is closer to the back line connection points, which give less deper , and on this setting it feels very similar to the 08 vegas

Once it was set nicely, Luke thought it was a really nice kite, alot of power and pop in the canopy.
looks very square and fat looking up at the kite like a wake machine!.

Wingtips have a grdual curve on them this year but the kite has the distinct c shape it did last year

we got it on video here

www.kiteitright.co.uk/tv

its the 10m we have, and im hoping we wil get some more time to use in stronger winds this week

Tom
www.kiteitright.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:25 pm 
Medium Poster

does anyone know the release date of the new vegas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:33 pm 
Frequent Poster

mid october

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next