mutant
Rare Poster
Gear: North Rebel 10m and 7m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The new Eclispe Bar called "The Morph"

Postby mutant » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Great looking bar, what a pity it hasn't got the port side coloured red :( . The colour scheme will cause confusion as the brighter colour is now on the right. Cabrinha chose to make their bar yellow but at least they put that on the left!

aahi
Frequent Poster

Postby aahi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:19 pm

mutant wrote:Great looking bar, what a pity it hasn't got the port side coloured red :( . The colour scheme will cause confusion as the brighter colour is now on the right. Cabrinha chose to make their bar yellow but at least they put that on the left!
wow, I can't believe it took 5 pages for someone to mention something about the colors. why in the hell are you going backwards eclipse? even cabrinha and slingshot this year have changed their die-hard traditions to put some red on the left side of the bar. and don't tell me that little print of "LEFT", "WRONG WAY" is going to make a big difference... will you have different bars for different languages? i predict eclipse going back to red/left by next season.

P.S. that was a good point about the bright colour mutant, the very first time I saw the bar, before i saw the "left" and "wrong way" I thought that green was for the left hand....

Kevin Salter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: 09 Eclipse Kima's, Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None ride what I like

Postby Kevin Salter » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:37 pm

Had you thought that starboard ( right ) is green ? So who knows , maybe thats what the idea was.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Salut "aahi".
Green is always on your Right correct. So since green is on your right why do we need to put Red on the left. The reason we put the word LEFT on black is to help people that don't know these colors. So we did both to help people that cannot read but know the Green is on your Right and people that can read so they can read the word LEFT.
But we are listening to your suggestion. It is not about us but about what customers want. So let me see what we can do to please every body.
Thanks again. :thumb:

stompinggrounds
Rare Poster

Postby stompinggrounds » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:54 pm

judly
Last edited by stompinggrounds on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aahi
Frequent Poster

Postby aahi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:17 pm

I agree on all points above, and I did realize after my first reaction that green is the international color for right in navigation, so at least there is that. however, I would really like to see a little standardization in our sport, and as the trend is now, almost every other manufacturer has at least red on the left side of the bar, as did eclipse last year. If this is what eclipse customers want then more power to them, but I'm sure that even they will have to adapt to the new colors as much as everyone else.

of course this is my personal opinion. Everyone has their preferences.

P.S. "Wrong way" will not help someone who does not speak english... and I know eclipse sells in other countries besides the US.

P.P.S. i have heard an argument before from someone that didn't like having red on the bar because it turns pink in the sun (lame). i really hope this isn't one of the reasons red went out the door.

Wibbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wibbler » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:25 pm

Please stick with Red on the left/port side... we all sort of know what it means now. Same as the red pigtails on the left.

As for 'wrong way' I remember a Monkey Kite bar with the same words.. I had no idea what they meant, I thought it was some in-joke directed at riders coming towards you...
Ditch it, pointless imho.

Kevin Salter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: 09 Eclipse Kima's, Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None ride what I like

Postby Kevin Salter » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:08 am

Whats the bet next year Dimitri waits until everything is ready before giving out any details or sneak pics.

Talk about flame the guy over pre release stuff.

Some of you guys are hard to please :roll:

Uride2
Medium Poster

Postby Uride2 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:31 am

I agree Red on the left.
Yes I would certainly get used to it.
Would I get confused if I had 2 or more brands in my quiver - yes for awhile, long term used to it.
What about safety, when you need to grab someone elses bar, on the beach or in the water; sure would be a lot better if the whole industry went Red on the left (most are).
It's a safety issue.

eastcoastkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Gilgo NY/ Jockeys ridge OBX
Style: waves, freestyle, freeride
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse Kiteboarding www.eclipsekites.com

Postby eastcoastkite » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:01 am

Color is a very easy thing to change on the bar so we will give the users the choice and try to make everyone happy and safe. So...

what do you want?

1. as is Black on left Green on right?

2. left side Red and right side blue?( my personal preference)

3. Or the left side red and right side green.

This one we will put in your hands. Let us know ASAP. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”