Forum for kitesurfers
prep
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hadlow Pro VS 2009 Fuel

Postby prep » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:27 pm

Anyone tried both these kites?

I have heard the Hadlow pro has stupidly low depower and range? and its bloody expensive.

looking for a more C wake/ looping kite

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider

Re: Hadlow Pro VS 2009 Fuel

Postby FckGravity » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:52 am

Haha no replies apparently its not a very c friendly community! I'll be getting my hadlowpro in 1-2 weeks :D just bought it today so I'll give you the lowdown when I check it out okay?

cSuttner
Medium Poster
Local Beach: east beach, leadbetter
Favorite Beaches: C street
Style: wakestyle and kiteloops
Gear: flexifoil ion1 7 and a hadlow pro 11
Brand Affiliation: i am affiliated with flexifoil USA

Postby cSuttner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:39 am

Dont forget the new hadlow should be coming out in a few months....

It does have low depower but that doesnt mean its not rideable, you get used to it after a few sessions.

The new fuel looks epic for loops though.

prep
Frequent Poster

Postby prep » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:26 am

I want a C kite, I like how they unhook and loop, but im not going to pretend im to hardcore for even a bit of depower.

From what I hear the pros are just to crazy. Crusing happily one minute then next your getting 50m downwind.

PGH
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby PGH » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:27 pm

tried a 11m hadlow when i was slightly underpowered on a 9m 07 fuel.....the hadlow reminded me of rding an old 2 line C kite...depower is just not there at the bar you have to use the board..
for the buzz of riding it its almost worth it but it for me is just not a practical kite with a decent range.
Reckon you'd need ever size to get the best kite for the right conditions
can't see a 4m size jump would be do able..!

North_Wind
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rhosneigr
Big Bay, Cape Town
Style: cruising and jumping
Gear: Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby North_Wind » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:57 pm

There is a quiver of Hadlow Pros for sale in the UK: 7, 9, 11 & 13 plus bars. They are I believe in good condition (I think I saw the 9 in use) and I am sure the seller would do a deal if you want the lot.

If interested, PM Kevin O'Brien (Kevob) on the Flexifoil forum:

http://community.flexifoil.com/showthread.php?t=152469

They are superb kites for freestyle, less bar pressure than you might think. Re the depower, you just have to use your board to take the power it ... takes some getting used to but fine.

Good luck,

BA

kev o'brien
Medium Poster

Postby kev o'brien » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:36 pm

North_Wind wrote:There is a quiver of Hadlow Pros for sale in the UK: 7, 9, 11 & 13 plus bars. They are I believe in good condition (I think I saw the 9 in use) and I am sure the seller would do a deal if you want the lot.

If interested, PM Kevin O'Brien (Kevob) on the Flexifoil forum:

http://community.flexifoil.com/showthread.php?t=152469

They are superb kites for freestyle, less bar pressure than you might think. Re the depower, you just have to use your board to take the power it ... takes some getting used to but fine.

Good luck,

BA
thanks for the heads up BA !!

yes ive got a full quiver for sale

compared to the 08 fuels they are faster turning lighter on the bar and more responsive, they have a lot more power per size, i can easily be out on a 7 when i would use a 9 of other makes so that makes them even faster again
they are rock solid in the sky and when you unhook they feel exactly the same as when you are hooked in, there is no flutter in the loops as you sometimes get with the fuels, they have a 6 line option with them which keeps the leeding edge shape through the loop and gives them consistant solid power
the re launch isnt as good as the fuel and the windrange is smaller they dont have the same depower throw as the fuel but there is depower on the strap
as others have said you soon learn to control the power with your board and it does give you a better riding position and lots more board control, i found it a bit intimidating to start with but soon found i prefered it that way so much so that i am keeping one of my bars to use with my next kites
oh and the bar is the best ive ever used
so why am i selling?
i have previously shared a quiver with my g/f but she wont go on these as she thinksthey are too advanced for her and i dont want to be carrying 6-8 kites round in my van so im changing to fuels which she likes
they are the ultimate freestyle kite, if you want the best these are for you and if you buy mine then they are a lot cheaper than a quiver of fuels

here they are
http://www.vimeo.com/1956233

check out the loops in the second section of this video

http://www.vimeo.com/1637921

oh and they look the dogs aswell :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”