Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: FB
Favorite Beaches: Cape Haterras
Style: Go Big!
Gear: Naish Boxer II's - C kites baby!
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Nobody Buys C-Kites?

Postby mobettah » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Hmmm. Funny stuff. I started on C kites (2006 Boxers) and have tried a lot of kites this season in anticipation of replacing my quiver in 2009. So far nothing has come close to pulling and feel to my Boxers except the C kites. Closest SLE was the Thruster.

Going to get a 5th line C kite, hybrid whatever you want to call it. Torch or fuel I guess it will have to be. Up in Ontario at the beaches I ride at there is a good contingent of all different kites - C, hybrid and bow.

Not surprised at the comments from Simon / Best. After all they are a company with a product going after a particular market. Market wise there is probably more sales in the beginner / SLE, bow ride back and forth and jump crowd. Not that there is anything wrong with that kind of riding!

The great thing is that if more and more people start buying C kites, the manufacturers will make them.

STF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby STF » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have only rode 2 kites for the past 7 years or so, both C kites. A Nemi 8m from the first year Bestkiteboarding started, (when was that, 2002 or 2003 or was it 2001?) and an 05 13m yarga.

Maybe one day when i get some cash together i can try one of these Bows and Hybrids you all speak of.

Untill then

STF

schmoe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby schmoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:08 pm

I still consider the Fuel a C kite and not a hybrid, it just has little more depower than previous models. Hybrid is something like ION and the other flexies.

I think the more advanced riders that like C kites simply do not ride best.

So instead of:
"No market for C kites"
Say
"No market for advanced riders for Best"

That’s probably more accurate and why best does not sell C kites.

I see advanced riders riding C kite but not in record numbers, its still mostly high depower kites of some sort that rule the beaches.
suRff wrote:what i want is a simple 4 line kite with no pulleys, no bridle, good range, flys well unhooked, smooth power through the loops and turns, and has about 50% de-power capabilities with a short throw of the bar. call it whatever you want! 8)
That is Flexifoil ION.

And peter was not ahead with the Waroo over the crossbow, the first Waroo was pretty crap kite. Had all the problem of a first bow and some Waroo specials. I hope this is not the case with his delta development.

Maybe if the guys at best will give him some time to finish R&D all the way and not release prototypes, he will finally be able to complete a copy of other designs all the way to the end.

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Brouwersdam/Vrouwenpolder/Oostvoorne/Krabbendijke, NL
Surfers Paradise, BE
Favorite Beaches: El Coche, Ras Sudr
Style: Wake-,Freestyle
Gear: Naish kites, Nobile board, Mystic harnass and O’neill wetsuit.

Postby SurfboY » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:26 pm

I vote for C :thumb:

Why?
They just the best for freestyle/wakestyle

ian c
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ian c » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:51 pm

??? nearly all riders on both freestyle word tours still use C kites - are they clueless?

C kites are way more reliable than the over complex marketing gimmick kites for the masses - I think better riders are slowly starting to understand that the wool has been pulled over their eyes by advertising - hence more c kites around.

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider

Postby FckGravity » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:56 pm

I think what happened was that the sport was a little smaller a few years ago and then when bows were introduced as these 'beginner friendly' kites tons of people started kiting. What we're seeing now is the resurgence of c's due to all those beginners now wanting actual performance. I guess Best doesn't understand that. Its truly a disgrace to kiteboarding.

RickyBobby
Frequent Poster

Postby RickyBobby » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Best does understand one thing........ C-kite sales worldwide are very low.

Believe me, if there was a market for them, then Best would be all over it.

RB

cretan_runner
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Drepano Patras, Greece // Platanias, Agia Marina, Crete
Favorite Beaches: Elafonissi // Crete
Drepano // Patras // Greece
Style: Freeride
Gear: JN Prima Donna 3 7m, 9m // Balance Onieva 135

Postby cretan_runner » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 pm

FckGravity wrote:I think what happened was that the sport was a little smaller a few years ago and then when bows were introduced as these 'beginner friendly' kites tons of people started kiting. What we're seeing now is the resurgence of c's due to all those beginners now wanting actual performance. I guess Best doesn't understand that. Its truly a disgrace to kiteboarding.
Totally agreed...I also learned on a bow kite and now I just want performance so I can advance...And bow design simply cannot give that performance...
schmoe wrote:So instead of:
"No market for C kites"
Say
"No market for advanced riders for Best"
This is the truth Best, and Waroo is not some good kite either... My old 9m Turbo II kite had the same power as the 12m 2008 Waroo...

scklandl
Very Frequent Poster
Style: all

Postby scklandl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm

kites dont improve your riding suckas! IF you think that you might as well ride bows cuz you cant feel shiite

heres what improves riding from the most to least

a. Attitude
b. Strength
c. Wind consistency day to day. same wind speed, same kite, same conditions
d. board... theres are lot crap out there!!!

e. kites... they pretty much all just pull you around on the water. The only reason this is topic of discussion is because people with small penis's feel the need to distance themselves from the rank amateurs on bows that they are one tiny notch better than. FACE it- you reallly arn't any better than anyone else out there!
Last edited by scklandl on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thaswisskid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: f*** face
Favorite Beaches: n/a
Gear: asfadfvwsadfc

Postby thaswisskid » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:38 pm

Torch, Vegas, Fuel, Diablo and Hadlow Pro are all true C kites correct me if I missed any no sle or anything like that. I've been on a SLE this summer and I wanna go back to C.

Return to “Kitesurfing”