Local Beach: Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: My own beach
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad, 9m/11m
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

naish helix???

Postby kiter147 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 am

I was wondering if the 09 helix would be for a begginer rider. i just want to know if it is for more experienced riders or begginers.

i can just never really see how the sigma series are to the other kites on the market.

kitehigh911
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: naish helix???

Postby kitehigh911 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:35 am

it is a great kite for beginners, it has super easy relaunch and very steady kite

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiter147 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:36 am

ok thanks

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:16 am

I am riding the 2009 Naish Cults and have also tried the Helix. Both are great kites and would be fine for beginners. But if you have the choice, the Cult has slightly more depower and is a bit easier to relaunch ..and is a bit cheaper. More experienced riders are the ones who may appreciate the Helix more.

:wink:
Chris Glazier

Rex
Frequent Poster

Postby Rex » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:59 am

kiter147 wrote:I was wondering if the 09 helix would be for a begginer rider. i just want to know if it is for more experienced riders or begginers.

i can just never really see how the sigma series are to the other kites on the market.
I've flown both Helix and Cult. There's no doubt in my mind that the Cult is more forgiving than the Helix. I'd say that the Helix demands that you fly the kite more and that you're more precise (which translates to 'careful' if you're a beginner) about the steering. The Helix requires more precision and steering and it delivers a little quicker and more powerful response to the steering.

If I had a buddy who was getting into the sport then I'd definitely suggest for him to go with the cults because they're more forgiving. Also, as someone noticed before me, they have a broader wind range than the Helix.

Re. the Sigma shape vs. other kites I'd say it's just a matter of getting used to one or the other. I'm on my second year of flying Sigma kites and I feel that other kites are bulky and appear to have too much wind resistance. Ofcourse this is not correct but shows how you just somehow get used to one or the other.

/ Rex

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiter147 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:21 pm

ok thanks i was just wondering if it was not looking into buying the kite. naish kites are too expensive for me :oops:

Dionisis
Medium Poster

Postby Dionisis » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm

the prices of the new kites are unbelievable! :evil: i was wondering if it worth to buy the new Helix but after i have seen the price i had no doubt for my decission...

ineedwindnow
Medium Poster

Postby ineedwindnow » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:07 pm

Yep I have to agree the kites are for to expensive, with the worldwide credit crunch the idiots put the price up , and they went up by a couple of hundred dollars i just wonder when things improve on the world markets are they going to drop the price.After buying new kites every year I am leaning towards the second hand market as its just to expensive.I know already alot of people who are not buying new kites this year because of it.

Becareful Naish as you will price yourself out of the market. :nono:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:20 pm

ah, but the price increase is overall...for all companies...the cult is about $100-$150 more expensive than a best kite, and about $300 cheaper than cabrinha, I guess the point here is that all companies raised their prices due to the low dollar value. The helix comes in s a little more expensive than the Cult...my point isn;t to start a discussion on price, it to say that a low dollarvalue will lead to increased prices for all. I don't really think any kite company can just adjust prices at will. Going significantly lower will lead to losses.

ineedwindnow
Medium Poster

Postby ineedwindnow » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:30 am

Im over here in Australia on a kiting holiday and the Naish helix12 retail is 2249.00 dollars and the Cabrinha ids switchblade 12 is 1999.00, these two companies Naish and Cab are probably in the top 5 of kite companies but the helix is 250.00 dollars more.

That kite has gone up more than 300.00 dollars in one year the seven helix is the same price as the Cab 12.

Lets face it were all getting ripped of like we are with petrol.

Return to “Kitesurfing”