All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ben Wilson Smack instructional DVD reviews?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:46 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Anyone have it or watched this dvd?
anyone who have it willing to make a trade i have allot of kiteboarding dvds available for download trade :D

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Ben Wilson Smack instructional DVD reviews?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:57 am 
Very Frequent Poster

The video was okay but not great. I expected more from Ben Wilson. The Real Surf DVD was a much better instructional video, IMHO.

I got Smack, the Unknown Road, Lines, and the Real Surf DVD for christmas. Lines is a great DVD, the Unknown Road is good as well. Most of the video clips for Smack is the same video clips from the Unkown Road, at least is seemed so to me, with Ben Wilson talking about wave riding. There is not much in the way of instructional "this is how you do this, etc." The Real Surf DVD gives a more detailed explanation of wave riding but the riders spend way too much time on TT boards. I wish it would have had more surf board video clips.

Of the 4 videos, Lines was my favorite followed by the Unkown Road, the Real Surf DVD, and Smack bringing up the rear.

I am getting ready to sell all 4 videos as a pack on eBay for a greatly reduced price. If anyone is intereseted let me know.

mv
http://www.kitesurfinfo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:04 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

No reviews people?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:30 pm 
Rare Poster

It's like mv said, it's okay but there's not a whole lot of step by step instructions beyond those I would consider to be common sense.
There are some, of course, and ben does an okay job of talking about most/all aspects of wave riding. I found it somewhat informative and after watching it I felt that wave riding wasn't something you could easily break down into step by step instructions beyond the obvious steps, well, compared to wake style moves anyway.
That said I have no other wave riding instructional to compare it to and it's at least 6 months since I watched it that one time.

If you haven't a clue about waves you might find it good, it has some nice footage and the info that is there is well organised.

Does anyone know of a better wave riding dvd?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

:thumb: Thanks gentlemen on the reviews, finally found a website selling it via download, http://www.ameibo.com/movie/smack-the-b ... ional-dvd/
going to buy that Ben Wilson Unknown Road download as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:27 pm 
Frequent Poster

I was pretty disappointed because I watched the unknown road first. The unknown road is a great movie! Stick with the unknown road and forget about smack

/ Rex

[ 6 posts ]