NHP reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Brouwersdam, Knokke-Heist
Favorite Beaches: El Coche, Ras Sudr, Zanzibar
Style: Big Air, Freeride
Gear: Naish kites, Nobile board, Mystic harnass and O’neill wetsuit.

NHP reviews?

Postby SurfboY » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:52 am

Anyone has been riding the new Nobile 666, NHP already? My 2nd 666 from 2007 in warranty is cracking again, and I guess the warranty is over now, don't think I can get another new one. The new one has 3 years warranty, so that should make it!

Is it better, less better or the same as the 2007 one?
And is it stronger? :-?

colokiter
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NHP reviews?

Postby colokiter » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:37 pm

I have not riden the 2009 666 yet although I have owned a 2007 and have a 2008, but I have ridden the 2009 T5 (new 555 name) and the 2009 132 Shinn. Both boards are awesome, the new outline of the board really works well for riding toeside. Additionally, the footpads have been moved away from the heel side edge and a slightly wider stance (1 cm on each side I think). The shape of the 666 NHP has changed from 2008 also, slightly narrower throughout. I can tell you that the 132 Shinn is the the best board I've ever been on. Ride all conditions extremely well - chop, smooth, waves. Turns really smoothly, I've ridden it from 14 mph to 44mph - great board. I would be surprised if you liked the 2007 that you don't really like the 2009.

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Cool review.. what about water spraying ur face from Shinn ? Have u tried to test Cabrinha Caliber with cool new foot straps

alpower
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alpower » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Does anyone in N.A. have the new Nobile boards yet? I have tried the new Caliber, it's a very nice board, does a lot of things very well. No spray, turns nice, very easy to control and great for sent jumps. I do find it a little heavy though. I really liked the Sync bindings the first time I used them but now that the water is cold and you need booties they are a bitch to get on your feet but still nice once you do. I wish they had some way to tighten them on the water though. But any way this is a NHP thread so won't hijack it.

Mlkman
Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Instincts
Nobile kites
Nobile board
Surftech boards and SUP:s
Brand Affiliation: Ozone Importer
Nobile Importer
Surftech Importer

Postby Mlkman » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:39 pm

I just got the new batch of boards and have had a chanse to ride NBL (cheap allround board), T5 (old 555) and the NHP (old 666) board. I have not had a chanse to ride the Shinn yet.

Last years I have liked the 666 most since it delivers, but it has been a very technical board in our choppy conditions with uneaven winds. But still good enough to be forgiven for this, and the added spray in the face. The 555 was second, and the shinn last for my personal prefferences.

First I tried the T5 and emidiately thought it was my new favorite. Sterdy and stable even when riding powered and fast. And you can ride it fast, it almost felt like it had a "666 overdrive". It realy surpriced me. Riding toeside demands a lot less effor, Im still a kook when riding regular toe - but I felt it went better then usual this time.
Next I got to ride the NBL board, and it keeps a high standard. Its got a wood core, its not that much vibration and very litle torsion. It keeps its edge well and starts early. Its to soft for my prefferences, but I can definatly recommend this to anyone on a budget.

Day over. But today I got to ride the NHP.. And I got it wrong, T5 is realy good - but this takes it one step further. All things good from the 666 but with minimal spray, better carving, excelent grip, even on toeside. Basically same speed and pop but all other handling has been improved. Its still not made to excell in waves (my guess is that Shinn is that board again this year) and I can imagine that the T5 is more forgiving in chopp, but this is what you will find under my feet! I used the standard IFS pads for this year and they are great with booties (I wish I didnt need booties, but I guess that means moving to better suited Kite-coutry).

In conclution both T5 and NHP are great boards, its just up to your personal preferences when choosing board. I will love riding both this year - no problems to share any of them for demo when both are this good. :)

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SurfboY » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 am

Ok thanks I would not expect it to be less better than the 2007, but some people said the 2008 was a little different and were talking like the 2007 666 better than the 2008.

But now it's 2009, and my 2007 is giving up on me again. I'll need to start saving some money for the NHP than! And a new harnass, wetsuit,.. argh so expensive!

Other reviews always welcome!

colokiter
Rare Poster

Postby colokiter » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 am

BJkitesurf - absolutely no spray from the fins. By moving the pads more towards the center and the new outline the board just works really well.

alpower - the boards are starting to trickel in N.A. now, but very limited. You can check with any dealer who works with Trident Sports, they are the distributors. Or call Barton at Hatteras Island Sail Shop 252-987-2292 to see what he has left or can get for you.

Surfboy- the 08 was slightly differnt in feel then the 07, I think the 08 was better. Less vibration with the wood core and cut through the chop better. Both boards have excellent pop.

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SurfboY » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Hmm okay sounds good so far.

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SurfboY » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:26 am

Ok now I see that they have a 125 and a 128. In 2007 it took me a little time and I found the 126 perfect! The selector says 128 with my 60 kilo's and wakestyle view. Hmm I don't know, any idea's? What's the best size to take if I have a 126x38 666 from 2007 now? 125x38 or 128x39..

The 125 sounds small and the 128 sounds big . The 125 is the closest to my old one, but the selector of Nobile tells me to take the 128. help :-?

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider

Postby FckGravity » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:10 pm

go bigger!

Return to “Kitesurfing”