Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ASNews/TKB Mag podcasts back! Pat Rawson on 09 LF Surfboards

Postby marina » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:20 am

Image courtesy John Bilderback

PODCAST #136

Happy New Year! After taking some time off for the holidays, our weekly podcasts are now back in action……

Pat Rawson's legacy extends throughout 26 countries worldwide and spans more than 30 years. From champion Tom Carroll to big wave extremist Ryan Rawson, the list of pro surfers riding Rawson-shaped boards is proof of the respect that he has earned as a premium shaper in the surf industry. In 2008, Pat was brought in by Liquid Force to lead the design efforts for their new directional boards. Pat joins host Ryan Riccitelli on this week’s The Kiteboarder and ASNews.net podcast to talk about the development of the Liquid Force directional kiteboards and the 2009 line up as well as new construction techniques and how they affect the performance and durability of the boards.

Due to travel schedules, this week’s interview will be prerecorded but you can still ask your questions here! Please post no later than 4p Thursday, January 8, 5p PST. The podcast interview will be posted online Friday evening at http://www.kiteforum.tv, http://www.asnews.net and of course, http://www.thekiteboarder.com.

Upcoming interviews:

-Next week: KB4C Snowkite event/Montana Snowkite Rodeo
-Fone’s Raphael Salles
-Slingshot Designer Tony Logosz
-Peter Stiewe of Best Kiteboarding unveils the new Kahoona
-Mat Pendle on new innovations for 2009
-South Padre event Memorial Day weekend

pim
Medium Poster

Re: ASNews/TKB Mag podcasts back! Pat Rawson on 09 LF Surfboards

Postby pim » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:28 pm

i have been riding the lq force 5.10 quad for a year now wich is a gread board ! in holland we have a lot of muschy windblown waves and the quad is very good fore those conditions , can you compare the 6er and the quad for those conditions , is the 6er mainly for clean waves ore also messy conditions like we have , and what do i gain in strength if i take the evf construction ?
i have some dents under the straps of my quad nothing mayor , does the evf construstion dent
as well ? thanks for the gread boards Pat !!

kiteboardkorea
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiteboardkorea » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:47 pm

can you comment on the construction tuffness of your boards, Have recently had alot of issues with the LF Quadd 6 2'', the construction is way too light, top deck foot compression and bottom delamination. While the board shape rocks I think Liquid Force are not helping your name by using a sub standard layups on your boards.

Drew

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 pm

Drew, I'm sorry but your question came after the deadline and the interview was conducted this morning. Pat does took about the new construction and EVF tech so i still believe the podcast is worth a listen for you:-)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:51 pm

here it is:

[kiteforumtv]http://www.kiteforum.tv/video/ASNEWS_ne ... __136.html[/kiteforumtv]

Return to “Kitesurfing”