Rare Poster
Local Beach: Port Townsend, Marrowstone Is., WA
Gear: 07 12m Cabrinha Switchblade 2, Slingshot SX 130
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for advice on new board make and size

Postby jasonic » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:53 am

I've been kiting about 1 1/2 years, am still working on staying upwind and just starting to jump. I weigh 61 kg, 132 lbs. and fly a 13m Rev and a 9m Cult on chop and flatwater. I just lost my first board (an 06 Slingshot SX 130) and need to replace it. I liked the board alright although it was the only board I've used. I'm thinking of upgrading to an 08 Cabrinha Imperial, or an 08 North Jaime Pro, or possibly an 08 Nobile 555, or an 08 Crazyfly Raptor Pro. These are boards which seem to have good all around reputations for an intermediate rider, and are less expensive than the 09 models. I'm wondering if anyone could recommend one of these or any others that would suite me along with a size for my weight. Thanks a lot.

prwinds
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Punta las Marias
Ocean Park
Favorite Beaches: Punta las Marias
Style: new school, waves
Gear: Griffin Kites, Liquid Force Concept 139, Escalade Bindings

Re: Looking for advice on new board make and size

Postby prwinds » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:47 am

Hi Jasonic,
Sent you a PM.

Out of the list you mentioned I would go with either the Nobile 555 or Raptor. These are great allaround boards with very nice and lively riding. They are also one of the ligthest production boards out there. The 555 rides perfectly in chop and is super comfortable, goes upwind very well too.

The North Jaime Pro is also a good board but is a bit too flexy for my taste. Not the board for freestyle tricks, but is very smooth and comfortable.

Good winds!
Francisco
www.soloviento.com

speedygonzalez
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Mathesson Hammocks Park
Favorite Beaches: all of them
Style: all around
Gear: everything

Re: Looking for advice on new board make and size

Postby speedygonzalez » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Hello you can get all hyped up on these boards but what you really need is an inexpensive all around board for example the spark series from best is an 2009 model and comes in 135 and 127 with good width these boars are well balanced and are good from beginner to expert for cheap price 499$ if not the Ouija board from best is a pro style board with all the goodies check them out and many others at www.skybanditz.com or you can contact us directly at 786-290-4585 for tech talk anytime :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”