*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:44 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:21 pm
Posts: 268
recoprianto wrote:
The board holds an edge really well. I have not ridden it in a gust of 20, but in 5-10 gusts, it works.

hi reco
wich size do you have and what is your weight?
best regards


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:15 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 197
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
I weigh 185 lbs = 84kg. I ride the 130 almost exclusively. If you can get your hands on one to demo, I recommend you do so.

I now have 8 out of the last 14 days on the board. I am having a hard time coming up with the words to describe how happy I am with it. On Monday evening, I was riding the 130 Blunt and the 9m smoke lit in 30mph gusting to about 35mph. I was boosting at least 35-feet, maybe 40-feet. Sadly, I landed directly on my side fully powered from about 20-feet up and have either separated or broken ribs (waiting on the doctor to look at the x-rays). It looks like I am out for 2-6 weeks.

Friday at Sherman Island there was a demo and there were about 25 kites out on blunts ranging from the 120 (yes people were even on the 120) - 135. Not a single person coming in had anything but a big smile and a look of surprise on their face. Most everyone feels the weight (it is extremely light) and assumes it won't perform or will break. But once they ride them, you can see a spark in their eyes.

Shawn Richman was in town for the demo and was throwing 30-40-foot megaloops on the 9m smoke and the 125 Blunt in the 30mph wind on Monday. He stacked the board 15-20 times and did not phase the board he was using. The riding was more powered than I have ever seen in real person. Then he switched to the 6.5m Gypsy because the wind picked up to about 33mph average. He had at least a 3 hour session and the gear held up to his punishment.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:14 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:03 am
Posts: 573
Location: austin, TX
boards look sick but jesus, "blunt" and "smoke"? seriously, all the words in in all the languages of the world and this is what those guys come up with? I mean, worship getting high all you want but at least come up with some creative ways of referencing it in your products. "blunt" was a cool slang term in what, '92? This is what I mean when I say kiteboarding culture is kinda stupid.

They to look cool though and I like the graphics if not the name. I gotta try and find a demo sometime... and buy a sticker to cover up the stupid name.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:27 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:52 am
Posts: 363
Location: Wainman Kite School/Dealer CA USA
RECO

Shit bro, I heard from Chris the other day that you messed yourself up. I didn't realize that this is you recoprianto, I guess prianto is your last name? Anyways man, I'm glad to see that you are at least able to get online and type. I tore my rib muscle last season and it took months for that shit to finally be cool. I hope you recover quicker than me!

My wife and I will try to make it back out there before season ends. Hopefully you will be good to go by then. Take care man and tell the crew I said hello.

Mike


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:43 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:45 am
Posts: 142
Location: Berlin/Natal
I saw the pictures from the sherman islands demo with Shawn Richman and his white blunt board. Will Wainman release the blunts in the white design or other colours too? For me personally I would prefer white rather than brown.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:35 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:21 pm
Posts: 268
recoprianto wrote:
I weigh 185 lbs = 84kg. I ride the 130 almost exclusively. If you can get your hands on one to demo, I recommend you do so.

I now have 8 out of the last 14 days on the board. I am having a hard time coming up with the words to describe how happy I am with it. On Monday evening, I was riding the 130 Blunt and the 9m smoke lit in 30mph gusting to about 35mph. I was boosting at least 35-feet, maybe 40-feet. Sadly, I landed directly on my side fully powered from about 20-feet up and have either separated or broken ribs (waiting on the doctor to look at the x-rays). It looks like I am out for 2-6 weeks.

Friday at Sherman Island there was a demo and there were about 25 kites out on blunts ranging from the 120 (yes people were even on the 120) - 135. Not a single person coming in had anything but a big smile and a look of surprise on their face. Most everyone feels the weight (it is extremely light) and assumes it won't perform or will break. But once they ride them, you can see a spark in their eyes.

Shawn Richman was in town for the demo and was throwing 30-40-foot megaloops on the 9m smoke and the 125 Blunt in the 30mph wind on Monday. He stacked the board 15-20 times and did not phase the board he was using. The riding was more powered than I have ever seen in real person. Then he switched to the 6.5m Gypsy because the wind picked up to about 33mph average. He had at least a 3 hour session and the gear held up to his punishment.


thanks reco for your INFO.
i will go for the 125
i'm 15kg less than you.
the good thing is: idon't have muscle on my ribs! no risk to bruise one.
hope you getting well very soon.
best regards


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:31 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 197
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
NEkitesurfing wrote:
I saw the pictures from the sherman islands demo with Shawn Richman and his white blunt board. Will Wainman release the blunts in the white design or other colours too? For me personally I would prefer white rather than brown.


I think the white board was an early proto board and one of the locals at Sherman Island rides it now. The colors are set for this year (as the boards just came out about a month ago). White for the 135, green for the 130, yellow for the 125, and rainbow for hte 120.

Maybe new colors next year. But don't let the colors deter you until you try the board's performance.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:43 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 197
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
wondamic wrote:
RECO

Shit bro, I heard from Chris the other day that you messed yourself up. I didn't realize that this is you recoprianto, I guess prianto is your last name? Anyways man, I'm glad to see that you are at least able to get online and type. I tore my rib muscle last season and it took months for that shit to finally be cool. I hope you recover quicker than me!

My wife and I will try to make it back out there before season ends. Hopefully you will be good to go by then. Take care man and tell the crew I said hello.

Mike


Yeah, kiting with Shawn and Eric in that heavy wind motivated me to push myself a little harder than usual. I've got an impact vest and a waist harness on the way. Hopefully that combo will get me out sooner than later.

Come up anytime, the wind will be blowing as long as it is before October.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:08 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:57 pm
Posts: 406
Location: Kite Naked - Shinn & Wainman Hawaii
I was out the same time when Reco jacked his ribs up.

I am a little heavier than him, but was out on the 120 with little fins also on the 9m Smoke....

The 130 is the board of choice for me or the 135 in conditions a little lighter.

At this time, colors are not going to change. Like Reco said, don't let the colors or designs stop you from riding one of these.

OOOOhhh the 130 is sweet!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:11 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:57 pm
Posts: 406
Location: Kite Naked - Shinn & Wainman Hawaii
Some pics of the Kite Naked - Wainman Hawaii demo just last weekend......

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026530&id=1185214896&l=10f40fd99b

Give me a shout if you want to get some of the Wainman gear into your hands!


Chris

http://www.kitenaked.com


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bluecupra, piccio, Yahoo [Bot], yojimbo and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group