Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Custom 'Pee-zip' for dry suit?

Postby kiter147 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:41 am

ahahaha that suit is sooo funny
i cant think of anything to say because of that
ahaahahahahaaha :lol: :lol:

but if ur looking for another one that might be better
and if u want to make one for yourself mabye you could cut a whole and have somebody put a zipper in that spot

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jakemoore » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:05 am

LOL. Finally a reason to wear board shorts over the wetsuit! The funniest thing is the liquid ice video - doubt anybody would have figured it out if this thread didn't come up.

Really, its a pretty sharp idea though. I like it. I was thinking a peanut butter jar would work better than a coffee can.

Tillman - In Europe it is too late for you but in the USA you have 1 year to patent an idea after public disclosure. Maybe worthwhile for spacemen, pilots and marine workers who might wear an exposure drysuit for long periods of time.

Jake

tilmann
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: St.Peter-Ording
Style: highspeedcarving
Gear: highspeedcarving board + 7m Slingshot Machine
Brand Affiliation: www.highspeedcarving.com

Postby tilmann » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:29 am

Unfortunately I am not a lawyer and too stupid for that - I tried to patent it in Germany, but made too many mistakes in the application form.
However I found a producer (WindWard) who wanted to add it to his wetsuits on costumer`s demand. They called it "urinal". I should get 1 Euro for each sold piece...
They never paid any money. So I must presume that nobody wanted any. :?:

Its always the same: As a joke its a big success, but nobody really wants to have it installed.
Yet its such a wonderful feeling of ease - I will never forget the first time I used it 9 years ago ! :)

However: For people who want to try, some advice how to build a pee-hole:
1) saw off opening and sand it smooth afterwards
2) cut a little hole in your wetsuit (only half as big because neoprene is very stretchable)
3) Put opening in there
4) In order that the neoprene cannot stretch anymore stitch a thread up and down through the neoprene around the opening. So the thread works as a kind of belt and the neoprene cannot slip from the opening anymore.

nomorebikinis
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby nomorebikinis » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:49 pm

:jump: tilman, you re crazy but at least you have thought about it :cool2: aren't there any inventors of kite stuff on this forum? All these hot shot companies invented Elisabethian dry suits for us.

Return to “Kitesurfing”