Local Beach: chicago
Favorite Beaches: lsp
Style: wave
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: dif between kahoona and bandit?

Postby rxaxy » Sat May 02, 2009 12:57 am

the kahoona will not let you down thats for sure. anyone that says it's cheaper so it must not be as good as some other kites is just full of shit. i don't care if someone buys one or not, don't really like to see everybody with the same kite but it's as good as any other kite if not better. some people just like to be negative :nono:

HJ11
Frequent Poster

Postby HJ11 » Sat May 02, 2009 2:43 am

I care less what kite you buy but the DOS is the kite to beat this year and it is on the market for 5 a 6 months now and stil its getting a positieve feedback. The Kahoona is new anf has to proof it self. Perhaps you can get i nice deal for the Dos in the UK so you pay less for a dos then for a Kahoona quiver.

splattered
Rare Poster
Local Beach: UK

Postby splattered » Sat May 02, 2009 7:26 am

I did not fly the kahoona but I can give you info on the Bandit DOS.

There is a big difference in turning speed from the Bandit (2008) to the Bandit DOS (2009) - so you will find the DOS much better than the Bandit. Also remember FONE have been working on this technology for the last 3 years and this is their only kite so there is 100% focus on this technologu and design.

GO Bandit - :bye: :thumb:

Titan
Rare Poster

Postby Titan » Sat May 02, 2009 8:36 am

I did not fly the Kahoona but I saw one on the beach even help the guy with the launch.My first impression was how cheap the kite looks and feels compare to the Bandit Dos.The Dos is uuuzin with quality of stitching and materials used...nothing spare there.No one pump is better for keeping the struts rock hard hence better riggid shape.Very good bottom end and huge range,very fast kite if you like going with some speed.Grafics are the top ones
If you have a chance try them both back to back but I'm pretty sure that BandiDo will win your heart no doubt.

BLACKJACK
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Brighton
Favorite Beaches: I love them all
Style: Old school
Gear: CORE GT kites,Flysurfer Speed 3, Ocean Rodeo Makos ,Flyradicals and HP Spleene Rip.

Postby BLACKJACK » Sat May 02, 2009 9:44 am

Bandit will win heart thats for sure but Kahoona will win the pocket and then what?.
Some people want to belive that low price happens with no reason, dream on ,fly the Big Trainer.

Titan
Rare Poster

Postby Titan » Sat May 02, 2009 10:50 am

BLACKJACK wrote:Bandit will win heart thats for sure but Kahoona will win the pocket and then what?.
Some people want to belive that low price happens with no reason, dream on ,fly the Big Trainer.
Not nessesery-In cases like mine it did win both and regarding the low price of the Kahoona -yes it happens for a reason wich is low costing labour and materials used,promotion,design and so on(everything one product is to emerge from a idea to final like one on the market)
Fone all the way :thumb:

solo flight
Frequent Poster

Postby solo flight » Sat May 02, 2009 10:53 am

The beautifull ignorance of children who still think their pathetic earnings buy them xtra quality and joy,while all u buy is status with other airheads,compare look at damage statistics ,and longevity and Best can keep up with the rest ,dont look for a product with exclusivity cause You can buy their kites everywhere,If u wanna stick out in the crowd buy a pair of stilts and a string,enjoy:)))

BLACKJACK
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Brighton
Favorite Beaches: I love them all
Style: Old school
Gear: CORE GT kites,Flysurfer Speed 3, Ocean Rodeo Makos ,Flyradicals and HP Spleene Rip.

Postby BLACKJACK » Sat May 02, 2009 11:33 am

Titan, I do agree with you on most points;
cheap labour, of course Best kites are made in Junk Yard of the world -CHINA ( 10 cents /hrs)
cheap materials, of course just touch the shit
cheap design, of course Best just try to copy the great Deltas like CORE, DOS 2 ....
PROMOTION ! not that cheap IMO BEST is really good at creating hype, but it comes at the price!!!.

Titan
Rare Poster

Postby Titan » Sat May 02, 2009 12:14 pm

BLACKJACK wrote:Titan, I do agree with you on most points;
cheap labour, of course Best kites are made in Junk Yard of the world -CHINA ( 10 cents /hrs)
cheap materials, of course just touch the shit
cheap design, of course Best just try to copy the great Deltas like CORE, DOS 2 ....
PROMOTION ! not that cheap IMO BEST is really good at creating hype, but it comes at the price!!!.
Totally with you and that is really another story to be discussed-that we are all getting ripped of.
The point HERE was that by establishing the difference between both kites to find the better one and for me is the Fone Bandidos :thumb:

gwechall
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Tarifa
Style: smooth
Gear: Ozone Reos / Enduros

Postby gwechall » Sat May 02, 2009 1:14 pm

the thing is that i'm not interested in buying a bandit dos but in knowing the dif of bar pressure and turning speed between bandit 1 9m and kahoona 9.5 :roll:
if someone tried both...i'm listening!

Return to “Kitesurfing”