Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo Introduces 100% Guarantee On All Current Product

forum for kitesurfers

tommeltot
Medium Poster
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: Slingshot SST 5, 7, 9. Angry Swallow 5’4” and Dwarfcraft 4’6” with Hover Glide NF2 foil.

Re: Ocean Rodeo Introduces 100% Guarantee On All Current Product

Postby tommeltot » Thu May 21, 2009 8:57 pm

I've owned one or two different brand of kite in the past but I have never experienced customer service and ease of approach not to mention contactability by phone as I have from the guys at Ocean Rodeo.

They're not into 'bigging up' their product on the competition stage and are more than happy selling to the average guy a quality product that will stand the test of time. If it doesn't they're quick to put things right and keep the customer satisfied.

As long ago as 2007 I was the proud owner of a 12m Rise and had only owned it a matter of weeks when it sufferred a leading edge blow out. I e-mailled the Ocean Rodeo sales team in Canada and got a swift reply by return assuring me that I would be provided with a replacement soonest. Sure enough within 10 days I took delivery of a brand new kite but not before the then UK dealer on hearing of my predicament took a detour from his holiday plans to call round and loan me his own kite so I was not kept off the water! That's testament to the great forum on the Ocean Rodeo website!

I'm a great believer in keeping people informed in my own line of work and have learnt over the years that people are more than happy to just receive a phone call or a swift response to an e-mail letting them know what's happening to put things right and I don't believe that retaillers should be any different. But I have to say that many of them are. Once they have your money they're slow to respond and to put things in order. Not so in my dealings are Ocean Rodeo even though they're a small outlet in the worldwide market.

I think that this 100% product guarantee sums up their commitment to customer service. It will be interesting to see if any other manufacturer has the commitment to customer service to offer anything that matches this promise!

Noo Noo
Medium Poster

Postby Noo Noo » Fri May 22, 2009 9:22 am

Answer me this

How many brands would offer to what amounts as a pretty juicy trial period on equipment to the average Joe who has no real relationship with that brand or even the retailer? Not many I'd guess.

My personal experience with these guys is they seem to be able to maintain a personal touch with their customers. They know and remember who you are for starters.

I suppose you also have to remember the kit is pretty damn decent too. I doubt there isn't anyone out there who wouldn't want to give one of the Mako boards a good going over. Totally unique boards and that sense of something a little different has to be tempting.

km
Rare Poster

Postby km » Fri May 22, 2009 3:11 pm

This is not a big jump for OR as they are only making official and annoucing what they have been doing since their beginning. They have always been behind their gear and making things right on the occasions that it was not thay way in the first place.

I have been riding OR gear for over three years now, but having hopped between other brands before that. It is good and I would expect that there will be few legitimate returns.

If you have had any concerns about joining the crew, this makes it risk free!

howdoyouflythisthing
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby howdoyouflythisthing » Fri May 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Result!

Quality innovative gear, fantastic service and try it with no obligation. I love the new Makos's

Can't see how this is a bad thing.

Dawson, the reason the £ tanked and prices went up; We had even a bigger housing bubble than the US and just as drunk on cheap personal debt like the Americans, now our government is up to their eyeballs in toxic debt from our blundering banks.The pound is the new peso, hence imported items go up in price as our currency has taken more abuse than an unwanted ginger gypsy stepchild.

Here's a quote from a newspaper that sums it up;

"Canada's debt will equal 29.1 per cent of gross domestic product next year, the lowest level in the Group of Seven major industrial countries, according to the IMF.

By comparison, Britain's debt load will be almost 67 per cent next year and the United States' will be 70.4 per cent.

Both those countries are taking on more debt to pay for massive financial and economic rescues and their governments have no plan to eliminate deficits anytime soon."

:D

Shmed
Rare Poster

Postby Shmed » Sat May 23, 2009 6:17 am

I'd like to echo some of the positive vibes people have about OR as a company and their customer service (no affiliation).

They've responded quickly to every question and problem I've had, and been really responsive to all warranty issues that have come up. They've replaced a kite for me because of a leading edge problem, as well as taken care of smaller issues right away. Their care for their customers and stoke for the sport really shows.

The kites are amazing too.

jl
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Island view Vancouver Island B.C. Canada
Favorite Beaches: Gordons beach Sooke Vancouver Island Nitinat lake
Style: freestyle
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise

Postby jl » Sun May 24, 2009 4:23 pm

I have used OR gear for years & am most impressed with the customer service ... They are quick to point out mods. & upgraded that will keep your gear close to the performance & safety of the latest products.

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Mon May 25, 2009 3:30 pm

They be kiters like you and me, and seem to be constantly trying to refine
the free sail system...working towards stronger, simpler and faster.
Good design keeps you on the water longer, and saves your butt when the shit hits the fan!
Everything else is easy dude.

tommeltot
Medium Poster
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: Slingshot SST 5, 7, 9. Angry Swallow 5’4” and Dwarfcraft 4’6” with Hover Glide NF2 foil.

Postby tommeltot » Wed May 27, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm seeing more Ocean Rodeo gear in the UK. There's sure to be a lot more if this promise is anything to go by. I can't imagine anyone being dissatisfied with and returning their kit!

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed May 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Very happy to see this positive response to our 100% Guarantee. As many of these posters have said we have always focused on making top quality equipment and on supporting the people who choose to buy it.

I've met a lot of riders who used to ride other brands but have yet to meet someone who used to ride Ocean Rodeo. We challenge you to take a spin confident in our 100% Guarantee. In these financial times you owe it to yourself to buy with confidence!

A kind thank-you to all of our Crew on this forum and others.

John Z

cram
Medium Poster

Postby cram » Fri May 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Way to go OR. This is why people rave about the company--they are in touch with who their riders are. One look at the website tells you that it it is all about the CREW. :thumb: this is a great offer, especially if you are buying some of their more innovative gear.

Yes, this is a blatant praise------------but they do deserve it.

:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”