Forum for kitesurfers
doc
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dynabar 2010 Models

Postby doc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:11 am

they just got back to me ,holidays!

hook just flew off after 50 hours ish,didn't even know it was held on by a screw. like knots in lines it'll be a safety check in future. happy with the product all the same.

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:15 pm

You could make a little "safety belt", similar to the ones Best kites use on their pullies. Then, if the pin comes out, you would not lose the hook. You would still lose the pin and roller, so you would have to keep one of each in your kit bag.

Just a suggestion.

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby robertovillate » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:38 pm

tomatkins wrote:You could make a little "safety belt", similar to the ones Best kites use on their pullies. Then, if the pin comes out, you would not lose the hook. You would still lose the pin and roller, so you would have to keep one of each in your kit bag.

Just a suggestion.
Good idea. But obviously still important to make sure the screw is fixed tightly and that the roller is intact. A small loop of 3mm Dyneema would probably be enough for an unexpected pin failure.

The bungie might even be strong enough, except the fasteners may not hold and it might pull the plastic washers off the bungie "knob". Perhaps this could be modified to incorporate a nylon webbing jacket over the bungie, similar to the way a kiteleash works , and a more secure way to fasten to the frame and hook.

Otherwise, I imagine the pin should be able to handle around 1000kg. This type of pin is commonly used for sail halyards and tack fittings that support much greater loads.

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:52 pm

Cannot find a dealer in your country? DYNABAR 2010 is now online at http://www.jaystore.eu

doc
Frequent Poster

Postby doc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:40 pm

think i'm going to need it ,u never did send me that screw!

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:13 am

Props to Innovation and Design!!

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:30 am

Question: How hard would it be to increase the resistance of the bungie? I like it fine as it is, but I let someone else use it for several sessions, and one of his comments was that he wished the bungie had more resistance. This would prevent it from shifting quite so unexpectedly. He is an excellent wave rider and also does a a good amount of jumping. He thought a stiffer bungie would make its movement a little more predictable. Something along the lines of a variable resistance so that it had more resistance as it went further to the side.

That could actually be a major positive characteristic of the Dynabar... some sort of tuning capability on the bungie or variable resistance mechanism. Not sure if you could work a good engineering solution to that, but the idea is an interesting one. Variable tension might be extreme, but a change from medium bungie to strong bungie might be do-able.

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 am

doc wrote:think i'm going to need it ,u never did send me that screw!
Hi, we informed you that we sent it by mail and it could be lost.
We send a new one and meanwhile use a standard 25x6mm steel inox screw.

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 am

Windrider wrote:Question: How hard would it be to increase the resistance of the bungie? I like it fine as it is, but I let someone else use it for several sessions, and one of his comments was that he wished the bungie had more resistance. This would prevent it from shifting quite so unexpectedly. He is an excellent wave rider and also does a a good amount of jumping. He thought a stiffer bungie would make its movement a little more predictable. Something along the lines of a variable resistance so that it had more resistance as it went further to the side.

That could actually be a major positive characteristic of the Dynabar... some sort of tuning capability on the bungie or variable resistance mechanism. Not sure if you could work a good engineering solution to that, but the idea is an interesting one. Variable tension might be extreme, but a change from medium bungie to strong bungie might be do-able.
The bungee is 8mm and you could use a 10mm (or add a 4mm) elastic rope you can easily find in a sail shop. You can fix it using strong plastic zip ties, the spare ties coming with DYNABAR are sized for 8mm bungee.
I remind you that more resistance is translated in more waist harness rotation (no problem with seat harness), but you could find the right balance and maybe let us know about it.

We did many tests and found the 8mm to be the right size, we work on your welcome ideas.

:thumb:

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Some customers reported a possible issue about the DYNABAR 2010 pad.
We explain it and give solution in this "how to..." video.
[kiteforumtv]http://www.kiteforum.tv/video/JAYFACTORY_how_to.html[/kiteforumtv]

Return to “Kitesurfing”