Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Flysurfer Speed3 - The Ultimate Flying Machine

Postby Toby » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 am

some people don't understand that others can have fun, even if they don't ride their gear, do their tricks and the windspeed they prefer...

People are different, and always will be. Why change them?

Have fun whatever you prefer!

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:21 pm

Right on Toby!
Toby wrote:some people don't understand that others can have fun, even if they don't ride their gear, do their tricks and the windspeed they prefer...

People are different, and always will be. Why change them?

Have fun whatever you prefer!

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby DrLightWind » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:11 am

Seekers, :lol1: there is so much fun & hangtime in that wind that the vid tells you a thousand word :thumb:

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flyingweasel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:19 am

Last edited by flyingweasel on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

wildocean
Rare Poster

Postby wildocean » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:08 am

Nice little vid!

Flyingweasel , yes there are some ego problems with some foil riders as there is with any other riders... by reading the tone of your message you should better worry about your own ego size first ;)

bye
Jacques

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 am

Nice words weasel.

It's not possible to go through life without running into some people with ego issues that require them to tear people down in order to build themselves up. I'm just happy to see people having fun and to hang with others that are happy to see someone having fun. What a great world.

Where I ride we often trade gear, share good times and we stick up for each other. It can be expensive though; a few have found that the SA19 is a great light wind (7-12kts) ticket for a nice time on the water instead of watching me ride alone while waiting for more wind to fly their real kites. It cost them a few bucks but they are stoked. Others don't want one or don't like them. No problem. It really doesn't matter to any of us. Matter of fact, I wonder why it matters to you or anyone.

I really don't care what anyone rides. I just like having fun and hanging around with others who enjoy a good time. If you are around and treating people respectfully, someone might even offer you a ride on some gear you've already made your mind up on....

Have fun (and be happy for others who have fun),

John
flyingweasel wrote:Here is some love for all you fly bores.
Be careful you don`t hype yourselves out now you hear!
however have had a multitude of problems from kite to kite well beyond the fairly rare leaking bladder of someone who crashes their kite a lot and the typically unlucky. I am sure this one will be no different and how fortunate for you that your selective memory can rule these out :roll:

I suspect you are all middle of the roaders in a so called extreme sport and the gear you use largely reflects that.

You lot are really not helping FS as abrand I am sure.

Yes, you are boring geeks and can`t kite.
:

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:25 pm

That week at Lake Como Italy was a Blast... Was looping the 19m allot, turns faster and lucky to have the power for the Fun Factor for some pop and air... even when the wind is lower, just get that same power back some how... with an extra kick of power for that lighter stuff... many new features. Funny how this trip to Como... Beautiful spot, gave us 4 days of riding... but needed the Speed 3's power to have more fun... power... mostly on 15's and 19's. Like wind insurance...
DrLightWind wrote:Seekers, :lol1: there is so much fun & hangtime in that wind that the vid tells you a thousand word :thumb:

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:18 pm

This guy getting one of those extra sweet sunny days...

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flyingweasel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:50 pm

flyingweasel wrote:
Had to laugh at your trying to big yourself up comment Fred "coming from directionals" or some such c"$p and you sure are getting some mileage out of those two lame pics of yourself which lack the kite in them. Isn`t it great what the camera can do for the ego?:
Nice personal attack there flyingweasel........ not trying to "big myself up" by saying I'm comming from directional... just thought it would be fair to say that that's what I'm riding now all the time.
And now to "little myself down" one of the main reasons I ride surfboards is that I'm pushing 50 and my knees need to be looked after if I still want to be doing this when I'm 70 or more.

Return to “Kitesurfing”