All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flysurfer Speed3 - The Ultimate Flying Machine
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
You can also order a custom color with the DE fabric.
With optional color mix... of

Red
Black
Gold
White

For a bit extra.... and 4-6weeks or so special order.
I figure out the details one by one to get it right...
Make sure kiters get exactly what the order....

www.PBKiteboarding.com

Last edited by PBKiteboarding on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am 
Frequent Poster

If the wind is at 15 mph, which kite makes you go across the water faster;

1) 19M S3 DE?

or

2) 15M S3 DE?

I realize the 15M manuevers faster.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

he 15 I reckon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:30 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hi.

In 15 MPH = 13 knt the SPEED3 19.0 is more powerfull and will let you ride faster than a 15 in all directions.

Thanks, Armin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:31 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I took the Flysurfer Deluxe 19M out for the first time today. Wind was light. I was impressed. I think that this kite is as big an improvement as the Speed 2 was compared to the Speed 1. The stock Deluxe is a gorgeous kite in white, black and gold.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:46 pm 
Frequent Poster

Armin Harich wrote:
Hi.

In 15 MPH = 13 knt the SPEED3 19.0 is more powerfull and will let you ride faster than a 15 in all directions.

Thanks, Armin

Thanks Armin. That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure.

In one of the vids I saw there was a 15M S3 closer to the camera, than the 19M S3, so the 15M S3 looked faster. I'm glad it was just an depth perception illusion.

I have, as you know, the 15M S2 already, wouldn't it be wise to keep the 15M S2 and purchase 19M S3 for the lighter days?

Kind and wonderful Armin, do you have any demo S3 19M Deluxe kites to sell me at a discount?

Thanks,
David Hamlin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:07 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hi

Quote:
I have, as you know, the 15M S2 already, wouldn't it be wise to keep the 15M S2 and purchase 19M S3 for the lighter days?

If you buy a SPEED3 19.0 you will not realy need the SPEED2 15,0 for stronger winds any more, as the SPEED3 has a lot more depower.
But maybe some customers that have both tested can also comment.

Quote:
Kind and wonderful Armin, do you have any demo S3 19M Deluxe kites to sell me at a discount?

We are completely sold out and need our demos. But ask your importer.

Thanks, Armin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:13 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
Many guys go from the 19m to the 12m Speeds easily. Covers a huge range.
And makes sure you get the lowest end possible.

Now the range is even better on the SP3 as Armin says.
12-19 a great combo...

Getting the SP3 12m DE Soon to add to the SP3 19m DE should be a blast!

The in between 15m was fun too if your not to concerned with loosing the low end of the 19m and if you on very light side or like faster turning... or if you don't like to ride as powered.

This was a sweet day during the Flysurfer Innovation days. These guys put a fun vid together and detail on the SP3.
I was practicing some darkside slides... on the 15m SP3. The 15 was also great fun for some front roll downloops with it's faster turning ...Great float and we needed the power for pop... You'll see Eddy the board designer and the other guys having a blast on the SP3's too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:26 pm 
Frequent Poster

Speed 3 15m deluxe and standard Review
The Ultimate Flying Machine
Ok Guys here goes.I am the US importer and a Flysurfer enthusiast. Me 6’2”, 220lbs. Advanced kiter. My 1st flight , Conditions E-ESE 7-12mph straight onshore winds, small surf, and a current heading north at about 1knt. Actually just took the 15m speed 3 Deluxe to the beach to fly it on land because the cond. Where very marginal. Out Of the Bag I absolutely loved the graphics the Gold ,Black and white just look amazing. Laid her out and started to prefill her It seemed to take just a bit longer then the P4’s to get her about 50% full. Then launched her at the edge of the window and up she went and straight to neutral. Usually in these straight onshore cond. It will cause all kites to overfly the user just a bit but this kite sat very stable in the neutral position. Even fully depowered it did not try to over fly. After playing with her on land for a few minutes I realized that she might have enough pull and decided to take her out on the water.. I did not have a board on the beach with me so I grabbed my friends 6’3” x 18”x 2.5” epoxy surf board and out I went. The smoothness of this kite is absolutely amazing and in a few minutes I was riding some small waves going straight down wind and the kite just floated right with me No tip tuck and no back stall Usually in these conditions It is very hard to ride the waves with out the kite falling out of the sky I think the lighter fabric helped with this. I was just screaming upwind at a sick angle(almost straight upwind). It has to be the best upwind kite ever made. 1 quick tack and you are well upwind.. So After 30minutes on the surfboard I came in and tested the kites New FLs system the kite flagged out and settled down very nicely in the lighter winds I then sanded her and went to the car for a diff board. I grabbed my small door 140 and jumped back out there. The 1st thing I noticed on the twin tip is the speed you can ride at in such light winds. I could get my board speed up and pull the trigger in the very light cond. And was getting some nice single rotations and transitions are now more fun with the faster turning. Not one other kite was on the water this day a few locals stopped by and watched for a while I came in and let everyone test fly her on the beach and the guys where super stoked at the pull in the superlight conditions.
Second Session. Conditions 15-24mph SE sideonshore winds with a 1-2knt. Current heading north. This time on a standard 15m speed 3. A customer was buying this kite and wanted to try her and see her in action. Most tube kiters where on 9m-12m kites no one on a 15 period. I was a little cautious about throwing a Brand new15m foil in 20+mph. But Up went the kite and she flew perfectly. I had the depowerstrap at about 50% for launch but powered the kite all the way up before heading out. Board was the flyradical 134.. 1st tack out a small wave was coming edged and BAM I was 20-25’ high instantly with the longest glide of the year to follow. This kite glides like no other I have ever ridden. And the landings where so smooth.. This Kite is a jumping machine and down loops are now so easy and you land so smooth with good speed and you have so much control. The hang time is just insane and my guess is that she will hold you in the air a few seconds then any other kite out there. It just makes the old school tricks so easy at one point I did a brd off 720 put the board back on and had time for a 3rd rotation with a grab. And with the depowerstrap fully open I was never over powered. So I could take a good bit more wind for sure.. I am sure with my weight and kite abilities I could take this kite into the lower 30’s with no problems.

3rd Session cond. 4-9mph straight onshore wind lowtide and a mountain board.. The power and depower range on these speed 3’s is so smooth and gives you so much of a usuable range. I rode for about 1 hour and covered about 20miles. On a mountain board you get such a feel for the kite. I was never pulled off edge and did some cool little airs and some fun transitions It was really amazing that I could go so fast I was starting to get speed wobbles.. really fun.. Also there was a guy there who was tuning his bar on his tube kite and his 12m kite would not even sit in the neutral zone period and just kept falling out of the sky.The deluxe 15m speed3 is just so stable and its ability to fly in litewinds is unsurpassed.
So the end result is FLYSURFER has really put in the work on this new kite and I see why they took 2 years in development. AND IT DOES EVERYTHING BETTER Then the speed 2’s and all previous Flysurfer kites. In my opinion it is the best flysurfer kite yet. I really can not wait to fly the 12m in 20-30 the jumps will be so sick. All and all a flysurfer Speed 3 in the 15 and 19m sizes will double your fun days on the water guaranteed!!! FLYSURFER definitely deserves the right to call their new kite the “Ultimate FLYING Machine”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hi Ted...

Intresting that the kite drifts nicely when riding straight downwind.
I'm very intrested in seeing how this kite works in the waves... having a kite that charges upwind in the light stuff and also works in the surf is ideal for light wind waveriding.

One question... With the Speed 2 standard and SA I found that the kite would not turn well at all
if I was riding towards it straight downwind..... I found that I needed to carve away from the kite for a beat to load the kite and then snap the bar around while sheeting in a fair bit.
The Speed 2 is a great all round kite, but not the best down the line.

I much prefer the turning behaviour of the Psycho 4 when riding down wind towards the kite.
I particular I like the way it turns fast when depowered and more c-shaped.
Now that the Speed 3 has inherited some of the features of the Psycho 4... in particular the
triple depower.... does it turn better when depowered and when riding down the line.

Eagerly awaiting my Speed 3 19m and Speed 3 12m

Cheers

Fred

[ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 51  Next