Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Props to Monkey Kites and U-Stick valves...

Forum for kitesurfers
Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Props to Monkey Kites and U-Stick valves...

Postby Wetstuff » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:44 pm

Sometimes there are things that simply stick out because they take a marginal situation and make it much better....

A local kiter has this Pink and Gray kite - a Monkey 15. It is probably a couple of seasons old. He got it off Ebay. He was a wakeboarder, so he throws wake tricks... He's pretty good. Where I really noticed this kite was while giving a launch about a week ago; I called back to him that the center strut was soft and one of the outboard struts was completely flat. "Ya, I know .. I gotta fix it." Sheee'it - 10min later he way upwind in the slicks .. throwing tricks. You gotta love it.

I repaired maybe 5-6 valves with the bits in the little plastic box that comes with each new kite .. I've cut sections out of old bladders and glued them up with Aqua Seal .. yatta-yatta. It took me <5min. to completely replace a fill valve with Airtime's U-Stick - a perfect seal. I bought four of them from Kitty Hawk Kites. It's silly to have a kite and not have one of these on stand-by.

Jim

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Props to Monkey Kites and U-Stick valves...

Postby knot_moving » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:40 pm

I happen to really like the cabrinha valve & was wondering what the communitie's experience was in replacing the 9mm valve that comes with the kite with a U-Stick cabrinha style valve?

mike

Return to “Kitesurfing”