Local Beach: Oahu
Style: wave kiting
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bandit 3 - any reviews yet ???

Postby adriana » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Bru,

Have you tried the Eclipse Kima. If so, how do they compare on the waves in your opinion?

Francisco_C
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ocean Park and " the island "...
Favorite Beaches: Puerto Escondido ,MX , Salsa Brava , CR La Punta , RD among a few...
Style: Don't know !!???
Gear: Anything
Brand Affiliation: SkyBanditz Kiteboarding Puerto Rico

Postby Francisco_C » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:12 am

None of the other imitations of " Delta C " can stand next to the Bandit3 !!! They just landed a few days ago here at Ocean Park ... and all I can say that the kite is sick !!! I tried the 12M in winds gusting above 20kts .... big boosters with lot of power !!! then I tried the 9M ( yesterday we had a swell of around 5-8ft from the N , early winter swell for the island ) to catch a couple of sets mixed with some freestyle and appreciated the performance hook and un-hook feeling of the kite !!! really nice !!!!

So I say that this kite won't disappoint anyone looking into his/her 1st ever kite and/or those looking for a true " All-round " kite !!!!

Let me know if you like to test it !!!! :thumb:

floody22
Rare Poster
Local Beach: newgale,freshwaterwest
Favorite Beaches: alvor lagoon portugal,gokova turkey
Style: natural foot
Gear: naish cult 12m 2009 cabrinha revolver hd 9m 2008 7m bandit dos2 10m bandit 3

Postby floody22 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:25 pm

i live in west wales and tried a 7m b3 yesterday i own a 7m dos2 and this is what i had been using for a couple of hours before trying the new b3...the first thing i noticed/felt was little or no bar pressure..when walking into the sea the kite sat in the window well but i felt the kite turned a little slower than my dos2...on the water the kite again sits well in the window but the first thing i noticed when catchin a wave how the kite did not fall/drop which for me is a massive improvement..the b3 was fully powered up my dos2 50% depowered...
would i say one is better than the other..thats a hard one...i like the feel of a dos2 the power in the bar,the turning speed,how the kite can pull you like a train if you want it to..
b3 did feel slack in the bar and def turns slower(smoother ithink its called) but sits better in the window handled gusts better and did not drop/stall...
winds yesterday avg 22 knots gusts 30knots +
its like every other kite out there try a new kite if you can before buying it but easily said than done im afraid and my opinion is simply that...some people might disagree/agree but if your new to kitesurfing try the kite out..........

fruggirocco
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Singapore/Bintan
Favorite Beaches: Trikora, Mui Ne, Boracai, Puket, Hua Hin, Pattaya, El Gouna and many more
Style: wake
Gear: got too much stuff, I'd like to sell a bit, u wanna buy??

Postby fruggirocco » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:18 pm

u tried the 12m?? strange because in my opinion they only do 11 n 13 this year.

Question, I use to ride the 12m n since this year they only do the 11 n 13, what should I go for?? I find the 12 dos very powerfull last year, is the B3 powerfull like the bandit Dos 12??

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Francisco, are you sure it was written FOne on it and not North...lol. What size did you try if you tried it, unless you tried the DOS.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:00 pm

check this out :
http://www.bandit3.com

coolest site ever !!!

sckitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby sckitesurf » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:38 am

Definitely spend some time tuning the kite by adjusting the back lines from the bar ends on the B3. It makes a bit of difference on handling and power. After bringing in the back lines on the new B3 6M, my 7M Dos felt much slower and like it had way more bar pressure then the B3. The kite is designed to cover beginner to advanced riders and it seems as though the bar end settings help to account for this.

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:57 am

Is a bit funny how now that the Bandit 3 are out suddenly the Bandit 2 sound that bad!!!
Last year it suppose to be the perfect kite and if anyone said something different was accused to be a basher.....
Now many user (including F-One) admit problems with kite stability, not so good high end, not much depower, bar still a bit heavy, bridles too long entangling etc...

I actually found the same when I tried the kite last year..

But watch out that the low end is not there anymore....
:rollgrin:

Bye Jankie

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:47 pm

kitesurfbali wrote:Is a bit funny how now that the Bandit 3 are out suddenly the Bandit 2 sound that bad!!!
Last year it suppose to be the perfect kite and if anyone said something different was accused to be a basher.....
Now many user (including F-One) admit problems with kite stability, not so good high end, not much depower, bar still a bit heavy, bridles too long entangling etc...

I actually found the same when I tried the kite last year..

But watch out that the low end is not there anymore....
:rollgrin:

Bye Jankie
I used my 9m DOS from 15 knt to 30 ++ knt. high end is def there !
DOS Speed is awsom.
Depower is also great.
Boosting is exelent.
if you tried the dos and found it lacks in high end and depower then i'd like to know which kite are you currently riding ?

Return to “Kitesurfing”