Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Dynabar 2010 Models

Postby Toby » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:28 am

Jay Factory News:

Dynabar 2010 Models

Hi kitesurfers,

JAY is here with the new models we have worked on for a while and will be available soon at reseller’s shops.
The DYNABAR V3 was a good start for many of you, but more advanced kiters’s demand was for more dynamic sliding, kite racers for a more static sliding but still the possibility to move the hook position. We also improved hook sliding by making a brand new pin and you could also use it on the V3 model too.
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (13.57 KiB) Viewed 7261 times

DYNABAR FREERIDE is the best choice for kiters who would like to get the benefit of a sliding hook but still enjoying their preferred jumps. The FREERIDER replaces the V3 model and has the same size 10” and 12” but with a smoother center angle to make a good compromise between sliding and stability. DYNABAR FREERIDE is mounted on the new bar pad, more ergonomic and soft.
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (21.55 KiB) Viewed 5492 times

DYNABAR PROWAVE is aimed to waveriders using directional boards and need less stability at the centre of the bar and more controllable sliding done by their body/harness position. The transition of the hook is immediate and there is no hard release of the hook from the central position because of the wide angle. This model requires more skill and more time to get used to. DYNABAR PROWAVE is mounted on the new bar pad, more ergonomic and soft.
image003.jpg
image003.jpg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 5491 times

DYNABAR PRORACE
Many brands are working on equipment aimed to this new discipline and we did the same by working close to some Italian kiterace riders. We designed our race board and DYNABAR PRORACE harness hook. The PRORACE model has no central 8mm steel bar where the hook slides, but a 6mm dyneema rope to guarantee enough stability of the hook in any position, as required during race: the rider can find his best body position in order to distribute weight on front/back leg as he wishes and also relax his back muscles. The transition during direction change is easier due to the sliding possibility. The PRORACE can be also used in freestyle and waveriding, but the hook is less stable compared to FREERIDE and the sliding is less quick compared to PROWAVE. DYNABAR PRORACE is mounted on the new bar pad, more ergonomic and soft.
image004.jpg
image004.jpg (17.04 KiB) Viewed 5492 times

Mario Servino
Marketing & Sales
+39 3403909528

BLACKJACK
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Brighton
Favorite Beaches: I love them all
Style: Old school
Gear: CORE GT kites,Flysurfer Speed 3, Ocean Rodeo Makos ,Flyradicals and HP Spleene Rip.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dynabar 2010 Models

Postby BLACKJACK » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:56 pm

I HOPE you are one step from designning the releasable hook aka SS Surefire but even better,
PLEEEASE!!!!!!!. :?: :?: :?: :?:

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Postby JAYFACTORY » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:52 am

BLACKJACK wrote:I HOPE you are one step from designning the releasable hook aka SS Surefire but even better,
PLEEEASE!!!!!!!. :?: :?: :?: :?:
We don't think safety should relay on releasable hook and kiters should "trust" his CL quick release.

BLACKJACK
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Brighton
Favorite Beaches: I love them all
Style: Old school
Gear: CORE GT kites,Flysurfer Speed 3, Ocean Rodeo Makos ,Flyradicals and HP Spleene Rip.

Postby BLACKJACK » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:00 am

In that respect I tottaly agree with you I bet that Gaastra riders too and many 09 Best bar users and......but thanks for your answer anyway

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Dynabar 2010 shapes

Postby JAYFACTORY » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:46 pm

We received enquiries from customers about the shape differences of the two models FREERIDE and PROWAVE. To let everyone to know we made a picture of the two models.
Compared to V3 the FREERIDE has a more open "bay" where the hook is very stable, the sliding to sides is very smooth and silent.
The PROWAVE has a very open angle in the middle but it is still stable during jumps. The sliding is fast and immediate when turning the waist/body.
Attachments
DYNABAR 2010 shapes.jpg

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:31 am

Got mine on order and on the way. Should arrive next week! Just in time for m' b-day. Wahoo! Here's hoping there's wind!

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:10 am

Windrider wrote:Got mine on order and on the way. Should arrive next week! Just in time for m' b-day. Wahoo! Here's hoping there's wind!
Happy Birthday to you
You are going to LOVE it!

We have experimented here with some various bends on the bar. The bends that they are now producing and offering are both great. The deeper angle locks the hook on center a little harder, but still moves when you want it to. The ProWave is a pretty loose feel by comparison, but it's hard to say which one I like better.

I would say if you ride waves more often the ProWave is better for that application but the other one will work too.

ZenWind
Frequent Poster

Postby ZenWind » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:17 am

Does every 2010 Dynabar Prowave come stock with a locking device (donkey dick equivalent) to hold the chicken loop in the hook? If so what does it take to release the hook and how easy is it to unhook? Any videos of it?

P.S. How do I order a 2010 Dynabar Prowave, are they available now, how much do they cost including shipping to the US, and how long would it take to get one? I don't see the 2010 Prowave on your website. Thanks.

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:50 am

ZenWind wrote:Does every 2010 Dynabar Prowave come stock with a locking device (donkey dick equivalent) to hold the chicken loop in the hook? If so what does it take to release the hook and how easy is it to unhook? Any videos of it?

P.S. How do I order a 2010 Dynabar Prowave, are they available now, how much do they cost including shipping to the US, and how long would it take to get one? I don't see the 2010 Prowave on your website. Thanks.
The "donkey dick" spring works OK and the loop goes in and out pretty easy. I actually just use my standard DD that comes with most bars and took the little spring finger off. If you ride unhooked a lot, the supplied spring device may be preferable to a conventional DD, bit as usual this boils down to personal preference....best advice: try it and decide for yourself.

I am getting some 2010 bars in soon if you want to order one. Send m a PM if you are interested.

JAYFACTORY
Medium Poster

Warning on DYNABAR V3

Postby JAYFACTORY » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:58 am

Some customers have reported that the screw/pulley holding the hook on the central rod becomes loosen and could open.
You should check it every session and if it becomes loosen please add a drop of glue to lock it. We add a drop of glue when we assembly the DYNABAR but it could not work after a while due to salty water. To open it when you need to replace the pulley you should warm it up.
We suggest to replace the V3 pin with the new one showed at the beginning of this topic: USA customers contact info@xtremebigair.com, Australia http://www.kitepower.com.au/cart.php?ta ... =contactus, Europe and other countries JAYFACTORY marketing@jayfactory.eu .
Attachments
DYNABAR V3 pin.jpg
DYNABAR V3 pin.jpg (38.57 KiB) Viewed 4334 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”