forum for kitesurfers

perko
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Kite spot for beginner in South East Asia

Postby perko » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and to kite surfing world. I am currently in Bangkok wondering where should i go for some good kite spot for beginers. I did some 3 days course and i do a little ridding, but still not very confident. I was in Mui Ne last month and i am looking for something similar. I would like to taste some other spot(Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia), but if i don't find anything i like i go maybe back there :)

Thanks for any suggestions :thumb:

Inhuman
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Galvestone, TX

Re: Kite spot for beginner in South East Asia

Postby Inhuman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:44 am

Pranburi, next to Hua Hin, 3 hours drive from Bangkok. Better beach than in Hia Hin and a bit better wind too!:)

kitanas62
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: France
Style: all
Gear: cab

Postby kitanas62 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Srilanka, kalpitiya
Maybe the end of the north windy season. Newt season from june till october, south wind stronger.

h11t0n
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: East Coast Park, Singapore; Trikora Beach + Agro Beach, Bintan;
Favorite Beaches: Adam's Bridge, Mannar, Sri Lanka; Kalipitiya, Sri Lanka;
Style: Freeride
Gear: Stats
=====
Heavy weight 90kg 180cms

Kites
====
F-One Bandit 6 (8m,11m,14m)
Ozone Zephyr 2014 17m

Boards
======
Shinn Monk Midnight Lover (135 × 42)
Shinn Shinnster
Shinn Speedball W18 Gen 1
Nobile Flying Carpet (160 × 46)

Harness
=======
Mystic Code 01
Brand Affiliation: None but willing to sell out to the first person who puts enough money in my hand.......;).

Postby h11t0n » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:49 pm

If you are in Thailand. Pranburi is your closest bet. There is a cable park down there if the wind sucks. For tuition, gear hire and accommodation talk to Colin from Airstylers.

If you fancy a trip to Phuket reach out to Dave at Kitezone. Good conditions for beginners.

Kalpitiya in Sri Lanka is great but donkey point is soooooo freaking crowded now with all the new kite schools. Dilsiri at Kitelanka is your man to reach out to there. They have some awesome downwinders. Its really social in Kalpitiya. Bars and restaurants at the various camps. If that's your thing you will love Kalpitiya.

For a quieter place in Sri Lanka go further north to 'Adam's Bridge.' The wildlife there is amazing and it's super chilled out. There is one Kite center there run by Mark the owner of the Pearl hotel in Columbo. The wind is cross onshore to cross shore. Waist deep sandy bottom goes out 1.5 kms. Slight chop but pretty flat. Very few people go there. It's perfect for learners.

If you come to Singapore you can take the ferry to Bintan island. Stay at the Agro Beach hotel or Trikora. There is a kiter discount at Agro. Great conditions for beginners. Rammed on weekends though.

Alternatively, you can head north into Malaysia and to Desaru. Sandy beach onshore waves. Outer Quadrant from Singapore organise daytrips there.

If you have deep pockets and time you can do Mauritius or Wakatobi.

kitesurflanka
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1
Gear: Hantu

Postby kitesurflanka » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:11 am

This place is also perfect
http://kitesurfing.lk/

Return to “Kitesurfing”