Naish Pivot 2017 9
Slingshot Ignition 140cm
Ocean Rodeo Mako 140cm
Liquid Force Fish w/Foil Fish
Dakine Pyro Harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Slingshot 2010 Key HD

Postby KitingPolak » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:22 am

Thank you kind sir! I will try to line connections you recommended. Got to ride the Key a lot last Sunday and with it I noticed that I have to keep my weight further back than on other kites but it kept me from wiping out in the way I described earlier.

When measuring line lengths on the Slingshot bar, should the control bar be right against the emergency release or with some space like pictured on the earlier thread?

I also noticed that one of the front bridle connection lines (the part with the knots, I'm not sure of the proper term) is a little longer than the other. Is this by design or should they both be the same length?

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot 2010 Key HD

Postby dyyylan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:32 am

Look at the pictures a little above your original post, yes they're supposed to be like that. The safety line (that you attach your leash to) is elastic and stretches out to the point where the metal rings higher up will touch. At this point they'll be equal length.

This makes it really hard to measure the line lengths. I don't think they're all supposed to be equal on this kite, but I could be wrong. I could never find something to hold onto the middle lines with (since they're kook proof) so I wasn't able to see what the lengths look like under tension.

I always sheet all the way in when doing this though, makes it less likely to backstall when unhooking..

Return to “Kitesurfing”