I upgraded my crappy ’09 Eclipse control bar with a Liquid Force CPR push away quick release.
Basically, I turned a crap control bar into a sweet control bar for a $99 part.
Very simple modification. I highly recommend it, especially if you have a '09 Eclipse controls. The parts just happen to be compatible.
Saturday, I tested it on a 10 mile downwinder in 20-30 kts. The depower line can be adjusted so easily it’s shocking. I am in awe of how awesomely it works.
Here is the deal, my Eclipse Kima’s are good enough kites. However, the ’09 Eclipse control bar is weak.
1. The depower is difficult to adjust on the beach, and impossible when needed on the water.
2. The safety has worked for me (knock on wood), but it is still probably one of the worst.
3. The original throw is short.
4. The metal top of the release is all dented and sharp where it butts against the bar.
5. No corrosion like others have reported, but I ride in freshwater.
Now I have...
1. Smooth, easy depower adjustments
2. A working, Push Away, safety
3. Long throw
4. Auto orienting chicken loop
5. All plastic, can’t corrode
Anyway, a lot of bar brands could probably be upgraded with this new LF CPR kit. But since I did it with my Eclipse ’09, here are some specific pointers.
The white line under the Mickey Mouse ears can be reduced to 9” at the shortest. (Backsplice it to shorten.) It's originally about 22".
If the little white line is longer than 9”, no problem, you’ll just end up trimming away and shortening the supplied LF depower rope.
If the little white line is shorter than 9”, then the supplied LF depower rope won’t be long enough to keep all lines even. (The front lines will be too short, but the backs could always be shortened to even the lines again.)
The LF Stopper does NOT work with the Eclipse bar. Basically, the hole is too big on the bar to pinch the lines.
This is fine with me, as I prefer the Eclipse stopper for a couple of reasons.
Bonus, the Eclipse stopper works better on the LF depower line than it did on the original Eclipse.
The Mini5th safety on the 2010 LF kites/controls isn’t supplied in the retro kit. It would be simple to make your own though. I didn’t put one in, but I might for my lady.
Here is the link to get one.http://motorcitykiteboarding.com/wp/?page_id=9&category=7&product_id=121
I hope this helps anyone sitting on a '09 Eclipse bar.