Local Beach: Podersdorf, Austria
Gear: looking for one :)
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Gear 2019 - any experiences?

Postby WaD4n » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:41 am

Hi guys,

I´m currently looking into buying my first Kite gear and I came across the Brand "BEST". They offer some pretty amazing deals on their website.

For example:

a brand new 2019 Roca V3 12m + Roca V3 9m + Bar + Pump for around 1.500,00€, they also have some cheap deals for boards.

After a bit of research, BEST seemed to be a solid Brand a few years ago with some rocky years along the way and now they only sell their products directly on their website (maybe a reason for the cheap prices).

My Questions is now, do you guys have any experiences with their new 2019 gear???

especially with the Roca v3 (freeride/beginner Kite) and their Spin V3 Board. I can´t find ANY reviews or tests out there (only from the 2016 products and younger)

I hope you guys can help me out! Thanks :)

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: BEST Gear 2019 - any experiences?

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:51 am

No experience with the 2019 but there is nothing wrong with Best kites. flown the 2016 and 2017 Cabo,TS and Roca and they were great!

And this is about their prices;
Attachments
7e6079750508e8a6092094e9f977a493-full.png

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 pm

I have been riding Best kites for 10 years and my experience has been good. I currently have 3 Rocas 2017 and I love them the hang time is insane. I was thinking about getting a 12m and 9M with the current sale deal going on to upgrade but I could not find a single review of the 2019 Roca. I'll stick with my current gear until I get some feedback. I understand they redesigned the kite. I'll keep an eye on this thread..hopefully someone has been able to try them.

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Postby Sun » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Another Best fan chiming in. I bought their gear up until the V3. It was all good. Cannot speak about V3 though. Saw one flying in Cape Town, so I can confirm they do exist. If the Red Bar is the same as last year, it is a steal at that price. Absolutely excellent quality and easy to work with.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Re: Best Gear 2019 - any experiences?

Postby Havre » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Nothing wrong with Best as far as I know. Still got my Best board from years ago. Still the best foot straps I have ever come across.

Not a huge fan of their inflation system back in the day, but I'm sure that has gotten a lot better since I used Best in 2015 (not the same kites any longer).

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Hmmm.....

Nothing against Best, and this is MY opinion but I would maybe give them a wide berth until they are back on their feet completely. (I quit reading the million page Best thread a couple weeks ago......are they back?)
Even in the instance of scoring a great deal, as a newb you should look to a brand that will offer you some warranty support/replacement parts. Again no shade against Best, but there are tons of deals on 2018 gear from just about every manufacturer right now. Not oddball stuff either, legit normal kite and bar sizes.

Trust me it's a shitty feeling when you throw a company loot and 8 months later their website is down, phone disconnected, and return emails from customer support respond with crickets.

Call your local shop/dealer and see what they have left over.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:35 pm

It would be nice to hear from the first person who tries to get issues solved with Best customer service since the shut down. That is the test to see if you want to buy their gear. It should be all new people there, so lets hope things have changed for the better.

xoen
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels, Mar bella, Riumar
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed Lotus 15m. 2013 Cabrinha Switchblades 7,9,12 m/ Shinnster/Cabrinha Tronic/Sroka Hydrofoil

Postby xoen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:44 pm

Windigo1 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 pm
I have been riding Best kites for 10 years and my experience has been good. I currently have 3 Rocas 2017 and I love them the hang time is insane. I was thinking about getting a 12m and 9M with the current sale deal going on to upgrade but I could not find a single review of the 2019 Roca. I'll stick with my current gear until I get some feedback. I understand they redesigned the kite. I'll keep an eye on this thread..hopefully someone has been able to try them.
I absolutely agree, Rocas are my favourite kites. i am also waiting for some feedback about new rocas, since they claim they have redesigned it.

X.

WaD4n
Rare Poster

Postby WaD4n » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:23 pm

POACHER wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:22 pm
Hmmm.....

Nothing against Best, and this is MY opinion but I would maybe give them a wide berth until they are back on their feet completely. (I quit reading the million page Best thread a couple weeks ago......are they back?)
Even in the instance of scoring a great deal, as a newb you should look to a brand that will offer you some warranty support/replacement parts. Again no shade against Best, but there are tons of deals on 2018 gear from just about every manufacturer right now. Not oddball stuff either, legit normal kite and bar sizes.

Trust me it's a shitty feeling when you throw a company loot and 8 months later their website is down, phone disconnected, and return emails from customer support respond with crickets.

Call your local shop/dealer and see what they have left over.
As far as I know the endless long"BEST bankrupt" thread got closed, because somebody of their Team responded and clarified that they are no where near bankruptcy. I also contacted them twice on their website and I got a respond within a couple of hours. So I think from this perspective all things seems to be working well.

It´s just that I want some reviews or test reports of their new equipment before I pull the Trigger :D

WaD4n
Rare Poster

Postby WaD4n » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Are there any other experiences with the new Best gear? I´m curious if anybody else did already try it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”