Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Speed 3 21m & 10m This Weekend!

Forum for kitesurfers
Goz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Yeppoon, Qld, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Yeppoon, Qld, Australia
Gear: Naish, Caution, Ozone, HQ Kites, Peter Lynn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Speed 3 21m & 10m This Weekend!

Postby Goz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Toby wrote:Our R&D team, (Armin Harich & Andi Hanrieder), acquired even more know-how while developing other new products, which opened up new possibilities. For us it was without doubt that this feedback and knowledge should also be integrated in the new SPEED3 21.0m DELUXE.
Sounds like they are working on other new products as well but only time will tell when we get to see them.

I believe the Pulse 2 is due for an update, but if it still remains the pulse or they come out with a whole new model line remains to be seen.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Armin Harich wrote:Hi Guys.

If we do something, we will do it properly. The 21.0 is a product, we can stay 100% behind it. BTW. i was yesterday 5th at the PKRA-Worldcup in Germany at the Racing with it.
Gunnar was leading at the second race, but the Race director cancelled than as too many was struggeling with the low wind.

Thanks, Armin

Congratulations Armin.... 5th in the world cup!

Cancelling races becasue the wind is dropping and to many riders are having trouble is wrong...
Racing should in part be a proving ground for equipment. If even one kite can still go the race should continue. This way more development would go into real low wind kites.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:53 pm

Goz wrote:
Toby wrote:Our R&D team, (Armin Harich & Andi Hanrieder), acquired even more know-how while developing other new products, which opened up new possibilities. For us it was without doubt that this feedback and knowledge should also be integrated in the new SPEED3 21.0m DELUXE.
Sounds like they are working on other new products as well but only time will tell when we get to see them.

I believe the Pulse 2 is due for an update, but if it still remains the pulse or they come out with a whole new model line remains to be seen.

Rumor has it that the next new kite will be something of a blend between the Pusle 2 and the Psycho 4 .

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 am

"The SPEED3 21.0m DELUXE has no backstall anymore - in addition, the performance has been significantly increased!"

What backstall? The Speed 2 and 3 are virtually impossible to backstall. In fact a little more backstall could help in waves and situations when you want to slow down the kite.

Anyway I'd like to try it but I think they should have gone to 23M if they want to make a significant difference over the 19 and 15 which already start at 6-8 knots,

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:53 am

FredBGG wrote:Racing should in part be a proving ground for equipment.
Right on! :thumb:

The Captain
Frequent Poster

Postby The Captain » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:54 am

I would love to get my hand on a Pulse/Psycho cross.

An 8m is next on my list...The idea of a blend sounds perfect to me!!!

I am loving my 12m Sp3. The 8m I am (not so) patiently waiting for will fit in nicely. :thumb:

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Sounds Great!

Customers have been very happy with the
Speed 3's and showing interest in the 21m and 10m too.

Keep up the good work FS!
We're taking pre-orders now for Sept... 1st come first served...

www.PBKiteboarding.com
Last edited by PBKiteboarding on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ted B
Frequent Poster

Postby Ted B » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Wow 21m speed 3 I am so excited!!! My 19 sp 3 has kept me in the water in our worse wind year ever at least a few times a week. most locals have not ridden in 1.5 months. Thank you thank you thank you FLYSURFER for creating the absolute best litewind kites on the planet!!!!!!!!! when other companies are scared to make bigger kites then a 13 or 15m, Flysurfer comes out swinging and builds a 21m self inflatable kite! I can hardly wait!! Also I am getting a ton of interest in the new blend p4 and p2.. please let us know when this new kite will be coming and what all of us Flysurfer fanatics can expect!!!! Thank you guys so much for your innovation!!!!! TED B

Goz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Yeppoon, Qld, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Yeppoon, Qld, Australia
Gear: Naish, Caution, Ozone, HQ Kites, Peter Lynn

Postby Goz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:15 am

Toby wrote:Flysurfer info:

The SPEED3 21.0m DELUXE will be produced in elegant white DELUXE cloth with gold logo's, this in contrast to the other SPEED3 DELUXE sizes. Recommended retail price is € 2.499,- complete R.T.F. Pre-orders can be made as of today at your local dealer- we will begin shipping the first SPEED3 21.0m DELUXE kites to customers at the beginning of September. Orders will be handled on a first come - first served basis!

There's your answer to when they will be available :thumb:

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:41 am

Speed 21m some lucky guys going for it... I'll have one too..... Can't wait...

Real Deal:

Info from FS:

After we were finally able to cover the demand for our very succesfull racing, light-wind and hangtime kite, the SPEED3 with our production, the development team used this extra slot of time to further expand the successful SPEED3 range, this may not come as a surprise to some, especially considering the tremendous amount of positive feedback we received on the light wind performance of the 19.0m.

CGI Images...

Our R&D team, (Armin Harich & Andreas Hanrieder), acquired even more know-how while developing other new products, which opened up new possibilities. For them it was without doubt that this feedback and knowledge should also be integrated into the new SPEED3 21.0m DELUXE.

The 19.0m and new 21.0m SPEED3 DELUXE allow you to kiteboard in absolute light wind. And we are not talking about just cruising back and forth, but jumping, easily going upwind and giving you a feeling of powered riding, (hooked or un-hooked), when others are still sitting on the beach!

More info will soon be online on flysurfer.com, technical specifications can be found here

"The SPEED3 21.0m DELUXE has almost no backstall anymore - in addition, the performance has been significantly increased! You will not believe how agile and direct a 21.0m can be. The lateral forces are minimal, and the depower range is extreme. When it comes to hangtime, the SPEED3 still is in a league of its own, and landings remain smooth like butter!"... So far the promising statement on the 21.0m SPEED3 by Armin Harich (R&D).

www.PBKiteboarding.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”