Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2011 Ocean Rodeo line-up - new additions!

Forum for kitesurfers
EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: California, US Sales Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding/Hyperflex Wetsuits
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2011 Ocean Rodeo line-up - new additions!

Postby EvanOR » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:20 am

Hi Crew,

Here's a quick glimpse of what we have in store for you - you'll have to stay tuned for details on the 2011 Rise and Makos!

Ocean Rodeo 2011 New Product Overview

KITES
- Razor: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14m SLE C Kite. The 4 strut Razor C shape gives freestyle and wave riders faster turning and relaunch combined with a constant grunty pull and excellent stability. The Razor ships standard with our limited throw,”mini 5th” Freestyle SLE bar and lines or optionally with our traditional Freeride SLE bar and lines..

Note: red Razor pictured is a 6 strut proto, production versions will have 4 struts.

ALL 2011 KITES FEATURE 100% NEW UV RESISTANT TPU BLADDER MATERIAL SOURCED FROM THE USA

BARS
- 2011 Freerde SLE 4.0 Bar, 42-49cm, 48-55cm. The 2011 Freeride SLE bar will ship standard with the 2011 Rise and as an option for the 2011 Razor. Functionally, the 2011 Freeride SLE Bar will be much the same as our 2010 SLE Bar but will feature some key revisions. The Chicken Loop has been entirely redesigned to allow the trim line to travel in a straighter line, reducing friction and making trim adjustment much easier. Further, the release tab has been enlarged further minimize the chance of a bumped / unintentional eject while offering easy release in an emergency. Finally, the colours of the bar have been changed to be consistent with the company's burnt orange / grey / black colour scheme.

- 2011 Freestyle SLE 4.0 Bar, 42-49cm, 48-55cm. The 2011 Freestyle SLE Bar will ship standard with the 2011 Razor and an option for the 2011 Rise. Functionally the new 2011 Freestyle Bar will be a 4 line control bar with above the bar trim and a limited throw with a "mini 5th" line safety and "Oh Sh!t" handles on each outside line.

Both bars will feature innovative new ceramic bushings to prevent trim line abrasion, completely newly designed swivel assemblies and newly sourced US made swivels with 100% stainless steel ball bearings.

BOARDS
- 2011 JT Pro, 132x40cm, 138x42cm. The 2011 JT Pro replaces the Zen in the line up and is an entirely new production board. Designed to be more responsive, snappy and light the JT Pro is our best freestyle board yet. Built in 2 sizes, the smaller size favours riders who ride in conventional strapped bindings while the larger board is perfectly suited to boot style bindings.
Ships standard with Bliss pads and straps, built with wood core construction, stainless inserts, and ABS rails.

- 2011 Surf Series, 5'11". The all new 2011 Surf Series is a three fin thruster set-up made with seamless epoxy / full wood deck construction. The 2011 Surf Series shape was designed with feedback from our 2009/10 Custom Surf Series production, the rocker/outline combination delivers fast / hard carving performance in all types of wind and water conditions. The 2011 Surf Series ships standard with a full sized EVA foam pad eliminating slippery sections inherent with other directional boards, no wax required!

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo
Hyperflex Wetsuits

Performance over Hype
Attachments
Red Razor.jpg
Red Razor.jpg (19.14 KiB) Viewed 8473 times
JT Pro.jpg
JT Pro.jpg (11.42 KiB) Viewed 8473 times
'11 Surf.jpg
'11 Surf.jpg (7.5 KiB) Viewed 8473 times
Green Razor.jpg
Green Razor.jpg (14.17 KiB) Viewed 8473 times
Last edited by EvanOR on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Re: 2011 Ocean Rodeo line-up - new additions!

Postby L0KI » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:54 am

No size 13M Razor? :lol:

The TPU bladders sound like a good thing. :thumb:
Do nipples stick better to TPU bladders than the normal bladders of past?
Gotta go look up TPU bladders and find out what they are about.

Sounds like the Surfboard is gonna be typical OR bulletproof construction.

Jaapdd
Rare Poster
Gear: ....

Postby Jaapdd » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:51 am

Any pictures of the new bar? :)

The razor looks nice!

knuthansen
Medium Poster

Postby knuthansen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:08 am

Wohoo!
The Razor looks sharp like one!
The design is imo a step in the right direction to bridge the gap between the Rise and Diablo.
I was rather speculating on an open-c shape, but if that kite boosts great (??), I would be all in.
Just a bit skeptic about the 4 struts..

Bar: If it causes significantly less trim line abrasion that would be great!

wazzaah
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Terschelling
Style: Wave
Gear: F-One
Brand Affiliation: Kitesurfschool Terschelling, Kitestart.nl

Postby wazzaah » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:50 pm

Cant wait to test it, the rise is a great kite but the Razor looks better

Looks like a 6-strut to me, bit hard to see. But if you look and think about it i come to 6

knuthansen
Medium Poster

Postby knuthansen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:17 pm

EvanOR wrote: Note: red Razor pictued is a 6 strut prototype. Production versions are 4 struts.

eag
Medium Poster

Postby eag » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:33 am

Can't wait to whip a small size razor around in the waves. Looks sick!! :thumb:

eag
Medium Poster

Postby eag » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:36 am

oh, and I got to ride a proto of that wave board, it's a great do everything board. Good entry rocker for a wide array of waves and somewhat mellower tail rocker so it still goes upwind well. Only rode it strapless for a little bit, but well powered in good waves with straps it would be amazing.

Vikb
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nihtnat, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Freeride...
Gear: Ocean Rodeo

Postby Vikb » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:32 pm

I saw the Razor at Nihtnat - Looks great...I'm looking forward to seeing what's new for the Rise/Mako line ups... :thumb:

safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com

henke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Apelviken, Läjet, Björkäng, Trönningenäs
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Razor and Rise

Postby henke » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi Evan!
The new kite looks nice!
When will it be ready for production?

Nice that you have done those improvements on the 2010 bar because the 2008 bar was better than 2010. Even after I've got a replacement of my chicken loop I have problem to depower the kite. It's so hard to pull the trimline that I first must pull the line above the chickenloop and then pull the depower line. The second good thing you seem to have done is to prevent the unintentional eject.

One thing about 12m 2010 Rise is that it's quite instable in gusty winds. It has sort of on/off switch and can fall down and give you problem if you aren't careful and are prepared for that behavior.

Otherwise it's a nice kite.

br
henrik

Return to “Kitesurfing”