Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Folding Kiteboards Any Good & Price?

Forum for kitesurfers
fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Folding Kiteboards Any Good & Price?

Postby fernmanus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:16 am

I bought a Newind board in January of 2010. I have taken it on several trips. I chose a 138 x 44 cm board. I know it is on the large size, but a little larger board allows me take fewer kites. The build quality is impeccable. The board is solid and very light. It came with some bumper pads, I put them around the edge of the board and wrap the board with bubble wrap and it looks brand new. The board arrived on time as promised with a handle. I am not crazy about the straps and pads, they are okay, but not up to par with the quality of the board. The board rides great, good pop and very smooth.

I am aware of a local shaper that just came up with a split board. I think the pricing will be more in line with a standard board. Check out 3B Kiteboarding. The site currently only has photos of snowkiteboards, but you can see the design for the travel board at www.utahwindriders.com under the main message board.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:02 am

Based on the lack of information on their web sites, the sellers of these folding boards act like they don't really want to sell their boards.

How hard can it be to put up some details, such as the price, sizes, and how to order in English?

Some of these companies have been selling their boards for awhile now so it isn't like they didn't have some time to fix their sites.

I'm hoping one of the more reliable big kite companies will start offering a folding board.

K-School SafetyFirst
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: IJmuiden, Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Vlieland, Netherlands
Tremembe, Brazil
Style: Allschool
Gear: Inflatables and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby K-School SafetyFirst » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:04 pm

Miche wrote:
I can't understand the comment here about him being an "unreliable Italian"... please post your cliches about other cultures somewhere else... .
That's really stupid, no matter what culture you got.
First, you state that you don't understand what I wrote:
(" "Forgets" that the appointed sending day is an Italian holiday, so if you want to have the board on time, figure out the Italian holidays first.
"Forgets" to mention that he's out of grab handles and when asked, he promises he'll send it. Repeat that a few times and it's 8 months later, nothing happens but promise.")

And then you ask me to post those same things you don't understand somewhere else.
Why should I do that?
There was a question here, and I answered it. I suppose most people, including the topicraiser, have understood. Where else should I post my experience?

Good to hear that you have a different experience.

Vikb
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nihtnat, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Freeride...
Gear: Ocean Rodeo

Postby Vikb » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:41 am

I'm not sure where you are traveling, but I've used a kiteboarding golf bag and flown free several times. It will fit 2 boards, 3 kites as well as bars and pump, etc...

It won't fit a surfboard, but any reasonable sized twin tip would work.

murph68
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dollmount, Sutton, Brittas Bay
Gear: Wainman Hawaii, Nobile

Postby murph68 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm

donlosee
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Barbed-wire Beach DC, Utah
Brand Affiliation: 3B Kiteboarding

Postby donlosee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm

I shape this. It works great. Fits in a suite case with two kites. 3Bkiteboarding.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”