Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 2011

forum for kitesurfers

tradewind
Medium Poster

Re: Epic Kites 2011

Postby tradewind » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:22 pm

check this , hope your girl runs fast : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Vh0oJro3A&feature=fvsr

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:53 pm

After seeing the EPIC kite in St.Barth at St Jean near the airport. I got a visit the next day at the place I am staying from the St.Barth Bureau of Tourism asking me if they could do a commercial for St Barth. And this commercial will be using in the AMERICAN airlines and also on TV to advertise the island of St.Barth. So they wanted to film next to the airport so they can shoot "Eden Rock" and also shoot on the other side of the beach at Cul De Sac.
So I told them that I got in trouble last time and I did not want to do it again. So they told me not to worry they have permission to do anything they want. :D
So we did it again but this time for St.Barth. :thumb:

P.S. Dear tradewind,
My wife knew about most of the accident that has happened in St.Barth. So she was very careful about it.
By the way did you hear about a photographer that was taking pictures of the planes landing and the wheel of the plane hit his head and died :o That was very sad. So we knew what we were getting into. Thank you for your concern and yes she is a good runner.

Any way this are some pictures of the video shoot today for the St.Barth Bureau of Tourism.
Attachments
DSC_0024.jpg
DSC_0024.jpg (123.29 KiB) Viewed 953 times
DSC_0034.jpg
DSC_0034.jpg (117.7 KiB) Viewed 953 times
DSC_0048.jpg
DSC_0048.jpg (121.8 KiB) Viewed 953 times
DSC_0054.jpg
DSC_0054.jpg (125.42 KiB) Viewed 953 times
DSC_0056.jpg
DSC_0056.jpg (84.83 KiB) Viewed 953 times
DSC_0074.jpg
DSC_0074.jpg (104.49 KiB) Viewed 953 times
DSC_0046.jpg
DSC_0046.jpg (141.72 KiB) Viewed 953 times

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:07 am

Hello "tradewind",
These are some pictures my wife Helen took in Cul De Sac in St. Barth. The reason I decided to kite in St.Jean near of the Airport (St.Barth) that evening was because I was in Cul De Sac all day with NO WIND, and once I got back to St Jean were we stay it was blowing 14 knots. I had to go kiting.
Any way these are some pictures with the SCREAMER 14 and DROID board in Cul De Sac (8 to 13 knots).
The locals could not believe I was planning and how fast the kite was for a 14 meter. Three of them decided to try the SCREAMER 14 after that and one of them wants me to leave my SCREAMER 14 before I leave the island on Sunday. :lol:
Attachments
DSC_0009.jpg
A local testing the kite.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

tradewind
Medium Poster

Postby tradewind » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:29 am

Dimitri ,
This does stick exactly to an action of our super gifted tourist office .They can do everything until the shit hits the fan .This waters are strictly forbidden for kitesurfing by french aviation . Problem is the guy (beginner)who will see this and copy you . There is already enough trouble with kiter fellows landing inside Hotels or on top of Hotel roofs or on beach chairs and beach shacks .
One serious accident and kiting will be banned on St.Barth , this is in the talks since long time .

I'm kiting here since more than 12 years and living here since 17 years and working for a wind and kitesurf association. The biggest problem are people from the outside who don't know the spot and who won't inform themselves.

P.S. The guy who died was hit by a plane landing from the sea side when he was watching the runway. When planes come from this side ,you don't hear them coming as they fully cut engines this way , he didn't even know what knocked him down . I was a windsurfing teacher on this beach for one year and I can tell you that there is no space sometimes to pass with a windsurfer when planes land .

By the way , nice pictures ,
send you some of ours :)
Attachments
IMG_9126X.jpg
IMG_9126X.jpg (33.78 KiB) Viewed 941 times
DSC_6011.JPG
DSC_5987.JPG

tradewind
Medium Poster

Postby tradewind » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:53 am

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Very nice pictures "tradewind" :thumb: . I just hope we get more then 15 knots while I am here because Cul De Sac is incredible and these pictures you have of Cul De Sac make it even better. I can see these waves from the beach.

dbaber
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Jupiter, Florida
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter, Florida; Pacasmayo Peru, "The Prison", Aruba
Style: Strapless waves, Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, Epic Screamer, North Jaime Pro Boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dbaber » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:45 pm

I kite in Jupiter, Florida. Over the last several years I have been flying North Rebels and Cabrinha Switchblades. I got the chance to try the Epic Infinity and Screamer Limited 10 this month.

The Epic Infinity is a teriffic light wind kite. It turns really well and has remarkably low bar pressure for a light wind kite.

The Screamer 10 has a lot of range, jumps well and is solid unhooked. If I had to go with a one kite quiver, this wold be it.

Both these kites did not perform well when I had too much slack in the back lines. I had too much slack in the back lines so the Infinity seemed slow and the Screamer was difficult to loop. When I got the lines fixed the kites performed exceptionally.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 pm

This is the the SCREAMER 14 with the Droid 135x41cm board from EPIC kites. This video was taken in St.Barth at the CUL DE SAC beach, beautiful beach for kiting.
It was blowing 9 to 13 knots fun enough to play around.

P.S. I would like to thank all the St.Barth local kiter for sharing their spot with me.

JamesVegas
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby JamesVegas » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:17 am

I know I"m only bumping up this massive pimping thread but I was wondering when the pimpfest will finish? There is one reason I'll never try or buy an Epic kite, the ridiculously OTT pimping.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Hello "James Vegas",
Why don't you try the kites first and then you can give your own opinion GOOD or BAD on this FORUM, but you need to try the kite first.
I don't think this is "pimping". I think it is more about happy people giving their own opinion good or bad. But it looks like most of them are good opinions.
Maybe it is time for you to get off the kites you are using and get an EPIC kite. This might make you a happier person with a bigger smile for every session you have :D because it looks like you are not happy with what you are riding.

So get in touch with me at dimitri@epickites.com so we can get you some kites to demo.
Have a great day.

Return to “Kitesurfing”