KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 2011

Postby KiteCulture » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Hey guys... I Can add to this a little bit. Last winter I was riding the Renegades on the snow and using them as a teaching tool as well. I liked them so much I wrote Epic and asked them to change the snow number on the chat to a 10! For 2011 they added a little write up on the Renegade page addressing the snow riders.

This kite is easy to rig (4 lines, one pump) and sooooo easy to self launch. I rig, walk back to the bar, get in my bindings, pull and outside line and I'm up and riding. For 2011 the 11 meter Renegade has more low end and improved upwind ability (I got to test the prototype) and amazing wind range and gust handling ability. I'm really looking forward to this winter on these kites again. If you're looking for a great kite that will handle ALL seasons, the Renegade is the ticket!

Love the water, but BRING ON THE SNOW!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello guys,
Wanted to share some pictures from the EPIC demo days last week in Hatteras.
The only complain we had was from big riders 250 to 320 lbs complaining that the RENEGADE 11 could not pull them in 12 knots and they wish we had a 14 RENEGADE. They had a blast when it was blowing 16 to 20 knots on the RENEGADE 11 for their weight.
I told them to try the SCREAMER 14, but by then the wind had completely dropped to 7 to 10 knots.
So Cameron Maramenides was giving a show on his RENEGADE 9. :D

So we might be in the works for a RENEGADE 13 for heavier riders that want to ride on RENEGADE kites only.

More DEMO next week. Wind is looking very good starting this Monday.
Attachments
BRY_0165.jpg
BRY_0045.jpg
BRY_0065.jpg
BRY_0159.jpg
BRY_0008.jpg
BRY_0057.jpg
BRY_0197.jpg
BRY_0092.jpg
BRY_0148.jpg
BRY_0175.jpg
BRY_0186.jpg
BRY_0207.jpg

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Renegade 14m :D Can I be the first to demo it? Lot of riders in So. Cal might appriciate this for light wind wave riding. For me, I need about 14-15mph and over before I can have fun with waves on the 14m Screamer(195 lbs). So in marginal winds (11-15), I've been using a bigger surfboard with my 16m Rebel since it has a touch more lowend the the Screamer. However, I can start using the 11m Renegade when it's 17-18 over (Renegades are very powerful for the size). So, maybe the 14m Renegade would be the ticket. I still love my Screamer though for jumping when riding with straps(very fun kite to fly).
Last edited by TommyDuotone on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shawntkeating
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby shawntkeating » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Below 13mph is where its super critical for that low end - grunty pull from a kite, for me at least. If you do indeed go with a 13 for the 200lb and up people, keep this in mind. I am 210lbs and have not tested any epic kites, but I would say that a 13m kite would be used ALOT where I live in southern NJ. There are so many days that are between 11-15 mph that could actually be a good amount of fun if you threw in a more lightwind/heavy rider renegade.

djlepper
Rare Poster

Postby djlepper » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Dimitri M wrote: So we might be in the works for a RENEGADE 13 for heavier riders that want to ride on RENEGADE kites only.
Dimitri,
RENEGADE 13-13.5 that pulls like any 15 with a speed of a 11-12M would totally be a winner for our So Cal light condition or heavier riders like myself. I can totally see myself riding RENEGADES but 11 being the largest size I would only ride half of the time here. I still love my 10 LTD which funny enough is my main kite and would not trade it for anything else, but in the waves I can see the benefits of the RENEGADE. So keep it in the works and hope we'll see it in 2012 ....or maybe you have it lined up for late 2011 model year:)!?\

NaishBear
Rare Poster
Local Beach: All beaches in southern Ontario Canada Long Point,. Turkey point ,Grand Bend and Sauble mostly
Favorite Beaches: All beaches in southern Ontario Canada Long Point,. Turkey point ,Grand Bend and Sauble mostly
Style: Just rideing and Jumping
Gear: Beast Waroo 20M
Epic Renagade 9M
Naish Cults 12M & 7.5M
Ozone Zephyr 17
Peter Lynn Phantom ARC 15M & 9M
2 Custom made Stainless steel Kite buggys
Spleen door 64
Jelly fish Custom 165 & 138

Postby NaishBear » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 am

Dimitri M wrote:Hello guys,
Wanted to share some pictures from the EPIC demo days last week in Hatteras.
The only complain we had was from big riders 250 to 320 lbs complaining that the RENEGADE 11 could not pull them in 12 knots and they wish we had a 14 RENEGADE. They had a blast when it was blowing 16 to 20 knots on the RENEGADE 11 for their weight.
I told them to try the SCREAMER 14, but by then the wind had completely dropped to 7 to 10 knots.
So Cameron Maramenides was giving a show on his RENEGADE 9. :D

So we might be in the works for a RENEGADE 13 for heavier riders that want to ride on RENEGADE kites only.

More DEMO next week. Wind is looking very good starting this Monday.

Hello Dimiteri:

Thanks for the demo Kites while we were visiting Haterass last week, we had a great time while we were there and the new Kites are looking great and working realy well. I did not get a chance to actualy get on the 2011's because of the lightrer winds and not having biger kites for me to ride, but Jim and Matt were both Stoked about the new Renigade 11. But I did have a great seshon on Matts 2010 14M screamer in about 15Kts, and I was out on my 2010 9M Renigade and lit up in 25-30 Kts the one evening having a blast with the Renigade. Great Kite!! I am stoked to hear about Bigger Renigades possibly comming out. It would be great if you got out larger sizes for us big guys wo need big kites for light wind. You should go for a 15M or bigger why stop at a 13M? Make it so us bugger guys can have a 2 Kite quiver of renigades a 9M and the big one. Thanks for the test drive on the new renigades and the great photos. Hope to see you again in April. Keep us posted on the Big Reigades.
Cheers and Good Wind!
Wayne

PS. By the way I am only 280 lbs not 320 lbs.

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 am

I usually don't post too much anymore on the Epic threads since there's so many others doing so and most of the info is accurate, but we have a crew in Hatteras for 2 weeks and Dimitri dropped by to see us and of course have us try the new 2011 kites.

I took out the 14m screamer and wanted on 2 things different.

faster turning...check.
no delay on the upstroke...check.

The winds were really light and I weigh 210...215 if a lot of taco bells that week. winds were light...8-11 and was able to go on the 14m with d's new bigger board and i just about stayed upwind.

Wind picked up to about 10-13 and had no troubles staying upwind and throwing some tricks. Very impressed with this kite and the feedback from all the other riders was similar. Powerful, fast turning.

biased post but for good reason. remember...dealers are also customers and we have choices.

bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
Attachments
IMG_3243.JPG

Kitemomma
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Atlantic Beach ,NC
Shackleford banks ,NC
Sanddollar Island
Cape Lookout ,NC
Favorite Beaches: Cape Lookout ,NC
Style: Flat water and the waves
Gear: Epic renegade , Nobile 555 series, Hyperflex wetsuits, maui magic harness
Brand Affiliation: All of the above

Postby Kitemomma » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 am

Thanks Dimintri !
We totally enjoyed having the chance to demo the new 2011 Epic kites this week . I really enjoyed the 9m Screamer . This kite was awesome . My son definetly will be adding this to his lineup of gear . :D I was able to ride the 11m and 9m Renegade also. The 11m Renegade turned really fast and very stable , felt like a 9m with the way it turned . My wind conditions were up and down ,but with the outstanding turning speed I was able to keep on riding , the bar feels really nice in my hands. Jump on the 9m Renegade , the wind was dropping more and more what a surprise I was still able to go :D Thanks for a great day !

The Flying Salters!!!!!!!

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Hello from Greece...

Yeap :) finally i had the chance to loop the 7screamer at 30knots+It was a first for me and i'm so excited :lol: No more chicken shit loops as you descend :!: I looped that babe right after the takeoff 3 meters high and i flew like a rocket :naughty: The loop was so smooth and i was caught by surprise with my heart beating like a drum :P I landed so perfectly smooth and confidence rised to the max :!: So i started pushing and pushing but the wind wasn't so strong to megaloop me.I think that i have to setup also the kite to the slow turning besides the bar.I also unhooked and throw some KL3s and blindjudge's and the kite was staying surprisly stable(for a 7m :!: :?: ).I'm felling in love :heartface: with this little baby and so others that i gave it for a try.. :thumb: Next time i'll put some GOPRO if i survive the megaloops :lol: :lol: :lol: :bye:

Mantra
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Southern CT, Long Island
Favorite Beaches: Hatteras, The Gut
Gear: Epic Screamer 14, Renegade 9

Postby Mantra » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Dimitri,

Just wanted to say that flying the screamer 14 has been amazing fun up on the Northeast. Even in gusty conditions (12-25) the kite handles well without jerking you around and boost big. Spent a whole afternoon flying around with friends and as I walked back to the beach, several people came up asking about the sport and how beautiful it was. An older lady was so impressed with the height and how long you float that she asked me to go back out so she could take a picture.

My girl friend also loves her 9M Renegade. In less than four sessions she is able to ride upwind and is not afraid of having to re-launch the kite from the water. As soon as it fall down the kite moves towards the side window and sits waiting for re-launch. Great help for confidence.
Can't wait to try the 2011 Screamer and Renegade.
Snowking is just around the corner. :lol:

Nick!!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”