Forum for kitesurfers
NicoFr
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 2011

Postby NicoFr » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:28 pm

We got many good feedback on the Epic Kites at the center I'm working.
Many people took the time to give a try they were all happy....
Moreover we got some big wind conditions, and many instructors of the center gave a try. You can see how it goes on the pictures....

Quality keeps going like last year. I'm riding a Droid board for a while now and still not broken, awesome with all the press I'm doing on the beach and the megaloops I'm crashing sometime....
Attachments
GOPR0143.MP4.Still001.jpg
GOPR0131.MP4.Still001.jpg

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:09 am

Fat Lady VS Infinity

I got to try the Blade Fat Lady recently and I really liked it. Since I have gotten to fly both of the fat sisters, Infinity and Fat Lady, I thought I would give you guys an opinion. I was riding the Fat Lady no problem in 8-10mph which was verified by a good wind meter and the lack of any white caps.

The Fat Lady seemed very over sheeted and didn't feel quite as dialed in as the Infinity. The Infinity does feel a bit over-sheeted too for my taste but that is easily compensated with a knot move. I had to pull the depower completely on the Fat Lady to get it to feel comfortable. But I did like that it flew a bit further forward in the window than the infinity. I felt like it may have had a little more low end cuz I rode it in 8-10mph (which usually is the minimum for me on the Infinity) with no problem but maybe the ocean was cooperating and i am getting better at utilizing the Oxygen. The infinity turns faster and does down loops better too. But the Fat Lady is still a fast kite for its size and definitely is not boring to fly. You can definitely tell they are siblings but I was also able to feel a difference. Honestly either one would make me happy as a consumer and I wouldn't notice the minor negatives after the first couple of solo sessions in sea breezes. In either case riding in 8-15mph is definitely possible as long as you match it with the right board.

Infinity - A little bit faster turns, better grunt, refined feeling, nice big bag,
Fat Lady - Flys farther forward (upwind), tad better low end, a bit better at boosting,
Dislikes
Infinity - Dull graphics for my taste, sits a bit too deep
Fat Lady - Needs tuning, too small of bag, single flag line is annoying for self landing and not necessary for a light-wind kite
Attachments
168558_485911257321_732262321_6130453_5967284_n.jpg
163494_486249527321_732262321_6135045_28134_n.jpg
215141_203024753086561_186034691452234_509986_4133062_n.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 am

Hello "grantman54",
Thank you for your honest post. The reason why the FAT LADY has more power and goes more at the edge of the window is because it is a bigger kite and also it is a higher aspect kite then the INFINITY. People love the INFINITY and we are sold out, but in order to supply the demand we had to make another 100 INFINITIES and should have these in 12 days.
But at the same time we have been working on the new INFINITY V2 for the "3rd Generation" of Epic kites and I will make sure that the new version has more power, goes more at the edge of the window and still moves as fast as the INFINITY that we have now. But you guys need to give us some time. The problem is that most people don't want us to change the INFINITY because they love the way it flies the way it is now. But don't worry Momi and I have been working hard in order to bring you the best light wind machine in the market.
So if we think we can come up with something better, then we will... :thumb:

This is another email I got from a customer this morning:
I was in Bali for 4 weeks now and it was amazing. Kited everyday, mostly with the R11 and sometimes with infinity. it's fun to see the faces at the beach when you go out at 7 knots with the infinity and the oxygen... lots of explaining were afforded.
I have some questions about your products:
nextly the the judge is coming. what happens to screamer and renegade? do come new ones soon and if yes could you tell me what is changing?
Attachments
DSC_0047 (1).jpg
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0032.jpg

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Hello "grantman54",
The reason why the FAT LADY has more power and goes more at the edge of the window is because it is a bigger kite and also it is a higher aspect kite then the INFINITY.
Yep I could definitely tell that the Fat Lady is a higher aspect kite just by looking at it and It looked/felt to be a meter or 2 bigger. But I have to say it seemed to stay in the air just as good as the Infinity so maybe an extra meter might not be a bad thing.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:05 pm

This will be a good test for the new REEF 5'11" surf board and the RENEGADE 5 "3rd Generation" kites. Or maybe the JUNIOR PRO 4 and the TUTOR 2.5m. Let's see what Hurricane Irene brings us.

P.S. Non of these kites have been tested above 58 mph. :o
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-08-24 at 7.56.12 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-08-24 at 7.56.12 AM.png (72.62 KiB) Viewed 1556 times

FBKC
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fernandina Beach, FL
Style: Freeride

Postby FBKC » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:20 pm

It seems like the OBX is always in the direct path! Keep us posted with pics, and hopefully you guys don't get hit too hard up there (not like you aren't used to it though).

Looks like we will have some Epic ocean downwinders here in Northeast FL the next two days, then a weekend of solid surf with offshore winds. Cannot wait - ill try to get some kite/surf pics to post.

oh yeah, maybe its time to start a an Epic 3G thread and post some pics of the new lineup too?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 pm

hehehe i'm dying to post some pics ^^

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Guys sorry for the delay. I know every company has their 2012 gear up already. Will have the "EPICKITES (3rd Generation)" topic up soon. Just be patient.

P.S. By the way you can call it 2012, 2013 or 2019 if you want, but we are calling it "EPIC KITES 3G"
Attachments
3g logo  yellow on black.jpg

JerseyPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Hook to Kite Island
Style: powered
Brand Affiliation: consumer

Postby JerseyPride » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:05 am

3G i think i've heard that before..........

oh thats right, its already used in mobile internet access

TPink
Medium Poster

Postby TPink » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:17 am

Dimitri M wrote:This will be a good test for the new REEF 5'11" surf board and the RENEGADE 5 "3rd Generation" kites. Or maybe the JUNIOR PRO 4 and the TUTOR 2.5m. Let's see what Hurricane Irene brings us.

P.S. Non of these kites have been tested above 58 mph. :o
D,

As much as I would love to hear about some epic stories this weekend.

Please DON"T f*** with this storm!!! Kiters around the country don't need to see headlines of stupid kiters getting killed trying to ride Irene!

This thing is going to be a monster when it hits you. I'm somewhat of a weather nerd and this one does not look good for OBX. Please get out and take care of your family.

Be safe dude... Good luck to you and family.

Return to “Kitesurfing”