Just thought I give some up-to-date about northeast Brazil:
- attention, it is the 1-2 weeks again with the Portuguese man of war, a jelly fish that burns quiet a lot. It floats on the surface, it easy to spot, so pay attention to it when body dragging. Will be gone soon, normally they are not longer than max 2 weeks around
- Cauipe lagoon is smaller than last season, since it didn't rain so much this year. The grassy area that was flooded last season now is all dry.
- Taiba lagoon is pretty dry and small.
- Duro Beach in Cumbuco is preparing to hos the Best Fest, a great party and demo event from Best Kiteboarding. Some Best team riders are around, also Shannon Best himself.
- More and more pro riders are getting in, Karolina Winkowska and Alberto Rondina are currently in Uruau, more to come!
- Fridays and Saturdays always nice parties at Bacana Bar in Cumbuco!
- All restaurants are now back open in Cumbuco (not out of business like the Ilha do Guajiru property seller claims on his website), plus more restaurants opened
- Best news I heard so far: Iberia gonna fly 3 times per week from January on (duh, why not already now, since TAP charges so much for flights currently (they are basically FULL). My plane was 100% full
- Wind: the last week has been pretty strong, Cumbuco up to 30 knots, Paracuru up to 35 knots. Yesterday lighter, but still 20+ knots. Could be stronger winds in general this year due to being dryer than normal
I hope it helped!