Forum for kitesurfers
Chriskef
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any feedback on the Core GTS??

Postby Chriskef » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:51 am

Looks like a nice kite. Weird company though. I read some great reviews from riders of the GT & Riot but the company seems so under-represented worldwide. Almost unheard of in UK. Anyway, wondered if anyone has feedback on the GTS, esp. low end of the 12m??

Cheers

Chris

adrood
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Evros Greece
Style: Freeride Wave
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m kite and Core Riot XR 8m , Ocean rodeo rise 10m
F-one Fifty Pro, Ocean rodeo mako wide 40 , north freestyle fish

Re: Any feedback on the Core GTS??

Postby adrood » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:49 pm

I have a Core riot XR 8m that i ride for almost 1 year. I have also tryed the GT 9m . I believe depending your weight with the GTS you could be ok at 11-12 knots having your normal board . I managed to hold ground with the 9m at 11 knots steady but with my large board (f-one fifty pro). My weight is 80 kgr

You are right about the company that needs more promotion but quality of the kite is top .

I am getting a core GTS 12m but i think i will do at December.

Chriskef
Medium Poster

Postby Chriskef » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks Adrood, I am 95kg so a lot heavier. Hope the GTS 12m will work in 14kn. Should do if its a quick kite. I thought about the GT which has more low end (according to their website) but theres no discount on it and its a kite that came out in 2007. They are a funny company. Not offering discounts on old kit. I guess they dont need to if everything is made to order & no surplus stock. I'd like to know how they compare with the Bandit 3 & Evo, 2 kites that you can get new and alot cheaper than the Core.

adrood
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Evros Greece
Style: Freeride Wave
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m kite and Core Riot XR 8m , Ocean rodeo rise 10m
F-one Fifty Pro, Ocean rodeo mako wide 40 , north freestyle fish

Postby adrood » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:46 pm

I can only tell you about GT and bandit III. They are bit the same , just the core are more 'C'ish and bit turn faster

I believe if you have 14 knots steady wind you will be ok with the kite . I have asked the dealer about the difference of GT and GTs and at very general meaning think that GTs is more friendly kite with the grunt delivering smoother.

About what you saying on the discount i think you get em from the dealers and not main site. GT are model of 2007 but they still produce it since there are people that love its grunt. My preference is on kites that are smooth and steady , having power but also delivered steady , since i only kite for 1,5 year and trying to get better and better :thumb: :thumb: .

Try to demo one . Its a descent kite and you wont regret that . (i fly ozone,ocean rodeo , and core for different reasons depending on conditions and spot)

jb8431
Rare Poster
Local Beach: sherman island
Style: freeride, freestyle
Gear: core kites

Postby jb8431 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:53 pm

I have been riding core the last two seasons in USA. I started with the GT and now have some of each design. Let me first start by saying these are not yearly kites, but rather each kite has a specific design that distinguishes these kites from each other.

Let me put it simply. The GT super grunty kite, I am 185lbs and don't need a bigger kite than 10.5m. this is the first size I got and I have put it through 2 seasons already and the kite is still rock solid; fabric is very long lasting and is still hydrophobic. Jumps like mad super stable, turns fast but not twitchy even as small as the 7m. The GT has the best wind range of any kite I have tried, 10.5m 10kts to 30kts with 2 boards and this is no joke. I have had people going out on 17m kites laughing at me and I just said, watch this! Plus a smaller kite will move around faster and allow you to jump much easier than a bigger kite. 13 knots and the 10.5 is jumping well. 10.5 for my weight is definatively a one kite quiver as this is my most frequent go to kite. The GT is always fun.

The Riot xr is a hang time king and super smooth. Very powerful smooth riding kite. different than the GT in that it needs one size up for similar low end, but power is constant smooth sheet in and go very little if ever needs to be signed like the GT to develop power even on the low end 9kts is the low end on the 12m and it truely is.... again 2 boards necessary at my weight to steal the low end out of it.
The low end on the GT and Riot xr are for real per core's stated wind ranges. Top end is your ability and desire for power. overall better top end on RIOT xr and slightly lighter bar pressure.

GTS is another amazing kite. Low end is not like the other two. in the ideal wind for pilot weight this kite is incredibly powerful and jumping is effortless and super fun. I would say once this kite is powered up in it's ideal wind range for pilot weight the kite is on like a C kite. during a jump when depowered this kite keeps sailing in the air. As a matter of fact the hang time is better is you don't oversheet this kite during a jump. I am still getting used to this kite and now that I've been out in some real wind with it I am really liking it . I only have the 11m GTS but the wind range is similar to my GT 9m. it is much more C shaped and less flat in the center than GT and RIOT xr.

I have to go for now, but ask me any questions. I love these kites. Best quality and performance of any kites I've had.

Return to “Kitesurfing”