Rare Poster
Local Beach: Delray
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Spleene X19

Postby BBkiter » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks for the informative post Ted :D
I just bought a Spleene X-19. Have had one 3 hour session on it, the kite itself is has a nice build quality. I will comment more with a FULL report on it after I have a couple more sessions. -Paul

spleene2000
Rare Poster
Local Beach: la marina
Style: all
Gear: Spleene Q 12,0 -9-7 Rip ht 135 -zonee
Brand Affiliation: spleene

Postby spleene2000 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:18 am

A Vidal day with a bit more than 7 knts in Valencia..... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

BBkiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Delray

Postby BBkiter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:21 pm

We just got off the water foir and early morning session on the Spleen X-19. We are both big guys, and the wind was averaging 10 mph for most of the session. We were on a LW Wing 153. The waves were 2-3 feet, and slopy on the inside, with a totaly onshore wind. Difficult conditions. with a nasty shore break. I swam, draged out about 10ft, them dove the kite and took off. I went right out through the break on the first try completley powered up, making little jumps over the white water. After a nice sesh, I came back and gave the kite to my buddy who out weighs me by about 35 lbs at 225#. He also shot right out through the break and had a great sesh, riding the small waves all down the beach on the outside. This was my 3rd time on the kite, his first. Just got on it and went. Plug and play! We are stoked at how much fun that can be had in lite winds!!! :jump:

Kober1974
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Hook NJ

Postby Kober1974 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 am

Hi....
Any updates on user reviews ????

I just got used X19 and wondering if there are any suggestions on wind range that I can use that kite with Airush Sector v2 60 or 145x43 twintip when I am 200lbs ....
Any insider tricks or tips ????

Thanks ...... Kober

intheloop
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Pallarenda
Favorite Beaches: Alva Beach, lizard Island Mangrove Beach, PNG, Lucinda
Style: Freestyle, Freeride, Race, Speed
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: International Teamrider at Ozone, Patagonia, Temavento

Postby intheloop » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:04 am

the X19 is the best light light wind kite we have ever used.
Every of our many X19 customers are super stoked with the kite.
Add a Monster Door Board to it and you will be riding and smiling when everybody else sits on the beach and watches you.
Spleene is a little German high end kite/board maker. All their inflatables are great too.

intheloop
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Pallarenda
Favorite Beaches: Alva Beach, lizard Island Mangrove Beach, PNG, Lucinda
Style: Freestyle, Freeride, Race, Speed
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: International Teamrider at Ozone, Patagonia, Temavento

Postby intheloop » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:09 am

has anybody tried to fly this kite with line extensions?

cometix
Rare Poster

Postby cometix » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 pm

I haven't tried it myself but there is a post on a Spanish forum: http://www.spainkiters.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95459. Maybe the person speaks English - or you speak Spanish.

You can also try and ask on http://www.foilzone.com (it's an international forum dedicated to foils).

C Johnson
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seattle / Hood River
Style: Freeride, Surf, Foil
Gear: whatever I want
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby C Johnson » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:43 am

Sure looks A LOT like a speed 2.

Speed 2's are great and many people were sad to see them go when the Speed 3 came out. Not that the speed 3 is bad but its just very different and some people preferred how the 2's flew.

I wonder if spleene licensed the design from flysurfer or possibly started with it and made some minor improvements like bridle/mixer mods.

I wouldn't be surprised if flysurfer actually manufactures them for spleene. Seems like Flysurfer and spleene have been working together on boards for many years, maybe it was inevitable for it to happen with kites too.

all this is just speculation but it would be nice if someone could share the facts. Maybe Ted B can since I think he's the USA distributor for both brands.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:17 am

C Johnson wrote:Sure looks A LOT like a speed 2.
I wonder if spleene licensed the design from flysurfer or possibly started with it and made some minor improvements like bridle/mixer mods.
The major difference between a Speed2 and the Speene X19 are the jet-flaps, one of the few (but major) patents Armin has on the FS designs. Foils have a long history dating from the very beginnings of kiting. Flysurfer has been the most active at taking and improving over everything that turned up. I think in particular of the clever UDS system that was an add-on proposed by a Swiss aeronautical engineer to improve the handling, speed and depower of early Flysurfer kites. FS Speed2 bridle system was inspired by it.
I still have old Psycho1 (9 and 12.5) which in terms of pure performance (and sheer beauty) matches the latest Speed design. It was known as the bitchiest of all kites... till you installed the UDS.

Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed 4, Sonic 2

Postby Carlos_C » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 am

Performance on the ps1....try kitelooping it....gets about 50% before kite hits the water. Upwind and jump monster though !!

Return to “Kitesurfing”