Favorite Beaches: boracay
Style: free-ride
Gear: nobile
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Doggy Crazyfly kites!

Postby mikemike » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi all, I'm a new user here and want to report my unfortunate experience with the Crazyfly kites.
They have:
1. design, quality & safety problem in their 2010 Trix kite, specifically the bar set
2. very poor customer service

I bought a 13m CF Trix few months ago. After being used twice, there was leakage over the LE bladder. And I found many small cracks over the bladders.... the shop replaced all the bladders and explained that the factory used the wrong PU material in the production. And I could not used the kite for 2 weeks...

After the bladder replacement, when I used the kite the third time, I failed in the S-bend and my leash connecting to the mini-fifth release system. And the kite was looping uncontrol after I hook back in... and I have to kill the kite and swam back to shore. After checking the lines, I found the problem as shown in the photo below:
ie sewing at the end of the line failed, and the reasons are what I wrote as both quality & design problem. The end of the line is too think for it to pass thru the hole of the black ball which is rather small, then the line was jammed and causing the breakage of the sewing! I really doubt did they really test the system at all! And my friend had the 11m Trix had exactly the same problem.

The padding of the bar is also the worst I've ever experienced. The padding just peeling off in using just 3 times!

I made the complaint & warranty claim to CF thru the dealer here more than a month, but unfortunately, CF have had NO reply!

The problems are very obvious, and I reckon CF is just too unprofessional & unresponsible to have my request ignored...

Therefore, may I ask if u unfortunately experience similar problems as mine? Pls share here...

And I hope CF can see the post and respond here why u ignore my claim?!
Attachments
rubbish bar the form just peeling off easily.JPG

mikemike
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Shui Hau

Re: Doggy CRAZYFLY kites!!!!

Postby mikemike » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:22 pm

it is too "thick"
Attachments
broken line at the safety system just too small the fucking hole.JPG

mikemike
Rare Poster

Postby mikemike » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:43 pm

see how big the hole:
Attachments
little small tiny hole how to pass thru for the end of line stupid faulty design.jpg
little small tiny hole how to pass thru for the end of line stupid faulty design.jpg (75.96 KiB) Viewed 3257 times

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:52 pm

About the bladders, i know a manufactorer of the bladders made a mistake resulting in several brands with that same problem, and sofar i know most brands replaced the bladders for free.
So not really a big deal but i get it, it ads up.

You sure they got the mail? didnt got lost? tried calling them? They are still human.

KingAstra
Frequent Poster

Postby KingAstra » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:28 pm

This is exactly why I only buy my stuff from a very few brands... I am just not willing to take the gamble. Quality has got to be first priority...especially in this sport.

mikemike
Rare Poster

Postby mikemike » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:51 pm

hi Geronimo, yes i can forgive CF for the bladders problem as they are the victim also!

i'm sure they did receive the email!

but for the bar safety system design & quality, and the way they ignore my request, i just can't accept. i've already waited for > a month trying to solve the problem quietly....

it's not only a design, quality & customer service issues.
More importantly, it's a safety issue!
The kite could not killed but looping uncontrolly...

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:24 pm

KingAstra wrote:This is exactly why I only buy my stuff from a very few brands... I am just not willing to take the gamble. Quality has got to be first priority...especially in this sport.
thats a bit bullshit.. have seen crap from every brand out there.. And many of them where big big brands. I've seen outstanding quality from smaller brands too.

@ Mike, atleast a contact with you during that month would have been nice.
Well lets see if they react to this but i doubt they wanna do this publicly (kinda understandable)

reinis
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: CF, TK, OR, FS, o`neill

Re: Doggy Crazyfly kites!

Postby reinis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:01 pm

mikemike wrote: I failed in the S-bend and my leash connecting to the mini-fifth release system. And the kite was looping uncontrol after I hook back in... and I have to kill the kite and swam back to shore. After checking the lines, I found the problem as shown in the photo below:
ie sewing at the end of the line failed, and the reasons are what I wrote as both quality & design problem. The end of the line is too think for it to pass thru the hole of the black ball which is rather small, then the line was jammed and causing the breakage of the sewing! I really doubt did they really test the system at all! And my friend had the 11m Trix had exactly the same problem.
having some experience with CF Trix kite myself..

1) i would recommend connecting to the CL suicide style to get reliable relaunch and avoid tangles when doing unhooked stuff. the thing is that it`s not a "mini fifth". rather it is a "mini flag line". it`s not the best option if you want to continue to ride afterwards. it`s more a classical safety - the one to be used when you are really in trouble.

2) although i understand your frustration, i cannot understand how a 3-5cm line length difference caused by the line sleeve jam could have caused the kiteloops described?? (i am familiar with the system not only from the pictures above)

mikemike
Rare Poster

Postby mikemike » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:51 am

thanx Reinis, gd thought!

the swivel of CF is v effective in unwinding the lines, 100% works! But CF put it in a wrong position as the CL & the "mini flag line" below the swivel would still twisted.... the the kite was loop uncontrol as the broken line easily got caught in the twisted lines as explained above....

mikemike
Rare Poster

Postby mikemike » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1VfjE2U ... r_embedded