Photos Ben Wilson Noise 10

Forum for kitesurfers
CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Re: Photos Ben Wilson Noise 10

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Well, since we're all posting observations from only seeing a few photos, guess I'll chime in...

The bar looks great! Love the very clean look of everything. Would like to see how the CL release works and a closeup of the depower assembly. This may prove to be one of those bars that people buy independent of the kite!

That bag looks like shit. We can't really see it, though. Two schools of thought I guess...keep the bag as simple as possible to keep your costs low. They're selling a $999 kite package so I guess that makes good sense. Personally, I like a bag that looks more rugged, with padded straps, and room for a couple things other than the kite. When you're lugging gear to the beach it is nice to minimize the bags you carry by loading them up, and also making them comfortable to carry. This reminds me of the Ozone Light bag which I think was just a basic sack.

Kite looks nice and clean. Be great to hear some 3rd party feedback once it gets in people's hands. I wish BW quick growth and popularity like Dimiti's Epic brand has received. Comes with a solid design and hard work marketting the product, but I have no doubt Ben has a good vision for keeping it simple, affordable, and high performing. That's a good model to pitch!

50knots
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Guincho - Ericeira - Portugal
Favorite Beaches: Guincho - Portugal
Style: Wave Strapless
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter
Brand Affiliation: (None) IFKO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby 50knots » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Dub wrote:For some reason the material of the leading edge reminds me of an 06 Waroo?
yeap... but the dacron of 06 Waroo is different.. lot worst...
Also makes me remind the Ion4... doesn't have the cover reinforcement at the stitches

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Starsky » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 am

From a repair point of view most LE seams with the webbing over top are a pain. Pretty sure its mostly cosmetic and really doesn't make for a stronger seam. It just got adopted almost industry wide for fear of not looking up to date or as high end as the next kite.
Last edited by Starsky on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 am

Starsky wrote:From a repair point of view most LE seams with the webbing over top are a pain. Pretty sure its mostly cosmetic and really doesn't make for a stronger seam. It just got adopted almost industry wide for fear of not looking up to date or as high end as the kite next to it.
Most ? Slingshot, F-One, Naish, Cabrinha, North, Wainman and others i don't care to mention don't use webbing over the LE seams. So most probably unnecessary.

It seems to be the standard though for the kites made in the same factory as Best kites such as Blade, Epic and few others.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:56 am

Material the waroo 06 had (the black LE versions that is) wasnt bad at all.. the coloured LE versions did suck.. BUT all materials came a long way since then. So its probably good enough.

I do get the impression all the money went into the bar and what was left into the kites, which makes them look very cheap.. When i see the new kites from Felix Pivec (Switch Kites) everything looks way more proffesional and thought through. I think in a time where loads of new brands start its better to impress the public on all points imaginary. Instead of relying on the name alone.

This said, i dont think many people have flown the kite where able to test it.. It probably will have awesome flying characteristics. Cant imagine that otherwise. Even cheaper materials can be very good nowadays. And what is crappy in my eyes might be the most awesome thing ever for someone else.

I'm quit curious about how people like the kites. My guess is it will stunn people because its build for a specific type of riding by one of the leading men in that area.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:52 pm

I guess not most. One of those great looking, not so great to work on "improvements"

Hey at least no one else adopted twister tech, or was that geo tech! Whatever.

Back OT, I would love to see more of the kite blown up. They always look kinda cheap with all the seams flat before they get inflated. Just a request, but Including a goot shot of the shape of the kite from the riders point of view while sheeted in and taking shape is always nice. That and the same from the top of the canopy and profile to get a better idea of the shape. Sometimes its hard to tell mcu from a shot of it inflated on the ground. Need to see its shape sheeted in and powered up a bit.

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire

Postby topmick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:07 pm

There was a 10m out at my local today...looked to me like a refined Rev or similar. I must say i was impressed with its performance as it was only around 15 knots (tide assisted) and the rider was 98kg on a strapless surfboard.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Thats not really impressive.. 15 knots and a 10m i ride with my twintip and i way 105KG...

How was it flying nice and steady? Nice straight canopy? looked solid in the air? etc etc

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire

Postby topmick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Looked like it flew nicely...spoke to the rider afterward,s on the beach & he said it was his first time on it and was very happy with the kite. I was surprised as most riders his size were on 12 & 13m kites and I was only marginally powered on my 10m @ 75kg on a strapped surfboard. Looking back on the graphs it was 12-17 knots (around 15) with only small waves.

konetoniolo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Varzinha
Style: Freeride/Freestyle/Wave
Gear: 2010 Cabrinha Switchblade 12m & 9m

2009 Underground FLX 135x41

Postby konetoniolo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Well,

since it's Ben that has the last opinion, I really belive that this is going to be a great wave kite. Altought I like to have different color on the lines, in case of an emergency. Thats my oppinion. I like the bar alot, looking forward to c some on the beach to as for a ride, hehehe

c ya

Return to “Kitesurfing”