Forum for kitesurfers
danny31292
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity" light wind machine

Postby danny31292 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:11 am

Dimitri, just tell us the real size. As someone who is truly interested in the infinity, but without resources to try it in person, I wont be buying it without knowing the true size.

MOMI
Rare Poster

Postby MOMI » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 am

I think Dimitri dont know real size :wink:

poldo
Frequent Poster

Postby poldo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 am

nice beach, you lucky! 8)

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:17 pm

The fact is it is REALLY NOT interesting to know the size of the kite.
What is interresting is how you fly with it. Its a light wind kite so for 14 knots and lower. It can be used in more wind.. but then my 12m flys perfect too. (105kg)

I havent tried the kite, but i would be very happy when i can ride it from 10 knots. It would make my summer days. I guess it turns pretty quick and generates plenty of power.. that would make it also FUN in lowends.

Grant very nice job with the video. MORE!

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm

I was giving this some thought last night as well. Kite sizes are becoming more meaningless. Kites are becoming more powerful in the smaller sizes and different style kites output different power. Mesh that with rider weight, skill level and so on and deciding on a size that is right for you (if only choosing one) is somewhat challenging.

I have all three renegades and I think of them as high wind, medium wind and low wind kites. I no longer put a lot of stock in sizes. So kudos to Epic for deciding not to put a number on it. Give it a try and if it works for you - awesome.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello danny31292,
I am sorry but all you need to know is that the INFINITY was designed for light wind conditions (7-12 knots) for 180lbs and (8 to 18 knots) for 220 +++lbs.

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:The fact is it is REALLY NOT interesting to know the size of the kite.
WTF. How arrogant of you guys to tell your (potential) customers what is intersting for them and what they should know or not. But lets for a moment get along with that BS. Then you should get rid of all dimensional descriptions in your products. Why, e.g, is Dimitry pointing out the size of his light wind board? Doesn't matter, right? All the public needs to know is that it is a lightwind board and will revolutionize kiting in San Diego.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:25 pm

I am sorry SBBeachbum,
I did not mean to upset you but I have learned from experience that when you tell some one it is a 14, 16, 17 or 19 meter he is not going to even touch the kite, but if you tell the person to just try the kite and there is no numbers on the kite then 80% of the time that person will give it a shot.
Big numbers on the kites scares people.
Now concerning the boards it is very different. But probably for 2012 I won't put the number 135x47 on the OXYGEN board and will call it "OXYGEN LIGHT WIND MACHINE". That is a great idea thank you. We need more people like you to help us in the R&D and marketing.
Once again thank you so much for your help.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Hey sbb beach bum. I know u know who I am but I am not quite sure who you are. With that said kiting is going to be good in Pismo through the weekend and i have the Infinity until monday, so if you have my number give me a call to come try it out or come on up north to Pismo ( assuming you are from SB).
I have to say though. It has been annoying for people to ask what size it is and reply I don't know. However if I saw some kook riding a kite with a big number slapped on the side I always would have thought "that can't be fun"
So I see both sides to the dilemma.

The kite does look significantly bigger than a 10m. It has a really deep profile; the middle strut is taller than me.

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Sounds good grantman. I think I helped you guys out with some kite repair tape once in Pismo. Appreciate the offer but I am still suffering from the damn flu. If I feel better I see that I can make the drive down there. The weather should be beautiful this weekend.

Return to “Kitesurfing”