Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha Line Replacement Announcement

Forum for kitesurfers
windsurfer-resurrection
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha Line Replacement Announcement

Postby windsurfer-resurrection » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Other brands use Monofilament but most use Dyneema, The monofilament looks stronger.

So they stretch and keep stretching AND weaken till they break?

Fishing line technology has been around for along time.

Would like more information on line material and what the other brands are using.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Malle wrote:Does anybody know where I could change my lines in Brazil? According to Cabrinhas homepage authorized dealers are only in south... and I'm in Jeri...
I'm in Cumbuco and have the same problem.
Are the 2 dealers in SP and Rio the only ones here in Brazil?

AlexandreBorges
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow 2010
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby AlexandreBorges » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Caesar wrote:
Malle wrote:Does anybody know where I could change my lines in Brazil? According to Cabrinhas homepage authorized dealers are only in south... and I'm in Jeri...
I'm in Cumbuco and have the same problem.
Are the 2 dealers in SP and Rio the only ones here in Brazil?

Hiwinds is no more.
I believe you should call:
http://winddance.com.br/

I hope it helps.

Cab Driver
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby Cab Driver » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Just a quick FYI...

Lines won't be replaced overnight in the western hemisphere. Unfortunately, we have far fewer of the replacement lines on hand than we need to provide to all customers that have the striped lines. The bulk of flying lines will be replaced in January 2011 directly to authorized dealers. Consumers in North and South America should go directly to their dealer in order for replacement. Although the new lines will be free, dealers will require a photo from the wingtip of the kite that contained the striped lines.

The striped lines present a potential performance issue, so it's not urgent to have the new lines. I have been riding on the striped lines since July and have been able to adjust the uneven stretch by using the line connectors and front line adjuster. Thanks everyone for your patience. I think you will see that the new lines are at new level of quality and stiffness.

Sloberdog
Medium Poster

Postby Sloberdog » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:58 am

I recently purchased a new 2010 Best Redline bar/lines and the lines look very similar to Cabrinha's. They are definitely not the Dyneema that I am used to, they look like dacron fishing lines. I hope
Best follows Cabrinha, if in fact, their new lines have the same issues or manufactured from the same company.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:59 am

That's definitely worth asking Best. Have you asked them yet? You can't count on them seeing your question in a post on the third page of a thread dealing with Cabrinha recalls.
:wink:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Can it be assumed that anyone (other brands) with lines that are white with one colored strand like the oned being replaced by Cabrinha can expect uneven line stretch issues? I've seen a few bars lately with lines that look like that. Most company websites tell you little more than line length. Someone must know a little more about this and if it is anything like the rash of bladder problems that hit many brands just a year ago.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:16 pm

What was the rash of bladder problems a year ago? I know of the valves that peel off the bladder after prolonged exposure to relatively mild temperatures (under 100 F). I saw that on kites manufactured in the 2006-2008 time frame. Is that the one you are referencing, or was there another rash of bladder issues?

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:23 pm

OT but yeah have searched and bladder is a pretty common term. North had that T valve business but I was thinking of something else. Was personally never affected. From searching it looks like multiple companies have had bladder QC issues. generally a pain in the A$$ for both retailer and consumer.

This is from some post in November on problems with 2010 chicken loops so not as old as 2008
Geronimo79 wrote: the bladder issue affected loads of brands. And some major brands aswell..
The batch of bladders LOADS of them, where made wrong and thats when they teared even with just looking at them. But after that it should be alright. Its something thats totally out of the hands of the companys. It sucks drasticly i had to replace all my bladders aswell but i got em all send over really fast.

The factory solved the problem by now and the new bladders are good as far as i can tell.

Thought lines were generally well sorted by now, but if there is a cheaper option companies might go for it only to have it backfire. I know at least three companies other than Cab have similar looking lines. Thats just what I've seen, there are probably more.

Return to “Kitesurfing”