Forum for kitesurfers
hapa13
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Style: kook
Gear: like to try everything

Re: Cabrinha Line Replacement Announcement

Postby hapa13 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:48 am

bpchilds wrote:If you purchase a 2011 kite, from today forward, will the bars have the new updated lines?

Thanx
B

Should. Really all depends on what dealers currently have in stock. All recent shipments already have the new lines on and dealers should be swapping out any existing stock now. So shouldn't really be an issue. Best to double check with your dealer when ordering (if not buying in person) just to be sure.

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby jumarcil » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:18 am

bpchilds wrote:If you purchase a 2011 kite, from today forward, will the bars have the new updated lines?

Thanx
B
I bought a Switch 9m this week and it has the older line so it really depends when they ordered the kites.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Been thanked: 0

Postby frankm1960 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:18 am

IMHO its an excellent move and much appreciated. I think its also a really good move that they won't give anyone the upgrade unless the original set is returned in the process.

That way there's less chance the old lines make it into the classifieds and end up on my bar :D

acker
Medium Poster

Postby acker » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:37 am

Fair play to Cabrinha for the recall ahead of time.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:12 am

Thanx
B
If you purchase a kite from today onwards, examine the lines on the bar that comes with the kite, if they are the "flecked' red and black lines like in the photo above ask the shop to change the lines out before you complete the purchase.
If you forget to check the lines and notice this thread and that your bar has the the old affected lines on go back and see the shop that sold the kite to you and ask them to change the lines.

Our shops are changing all the lines, so that any kites sold since 3 weeks ago when we first received news and some replacements, have the new lines.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:13 am

Thanx
B
If you purchase a kite from today onwards, examine the lines on the bar that comes with the kite, if they are the "flecked' red and black lines like in the photo above ask the shop to change the lines out before you complete the purchase.
If you forget to check the lines and notice this thread and that your bar has the the old affected lines on go back and see the shop that sold the kite to you and ask them to change the lines.

Our shops are changing all the lines, so that any kites sold since 3 weeks ago when we first received news and some replacements, have the new lines.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:43 am

lion wrote:I totally agree with Toby's comment:

"every time a company has a problem with something and they step up, we should be thankful and be happy for honesty. Way worse is having a problem and denying it, so kitebuddies could get hurt!"

I bought an early season 2011 Cab kite so I'm one of those affected. Sure, it's a bit of a hassle to replace the lines, but I'd much rather do this than have Cabrinha put their head in the sand and pretend the problem didn't exist (& let me sort it out myself if the lines were to stretch more than normal...).

The last thing we want for the kite industry is for companies to NOT do something like this when a problem occurs due to the potential for negative publicity.

So, thanks to Cabrinha.
Exactly. As if they (or anyone else), might not suffer from not replacing a faulty product. It is in there own interest to do so if they want to keep a good image for there products. No need for thanks !

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile

Postby fdvj » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:15 am

They are doing the right thing just trying to spin it like they are doing you a favour. It is good when companies admit to their errors, use of low quality materials can hidden from the consumer and often is behind marketing B/S. Cheap canopy material, low quality bladders and poor stitching all lead to a shorter life expectancy for a kite, but anything related to the control system that is below standard could shorten the life expectancy for the rider.

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:50 am

It a good thing..

let it be lets say, Epic-Royal-RRD etc, some small brand that made this error, it would bankrupt them.
http://www.pryde-group.com/ have the size to take a hit on their bottom line on one off their brands, and still protect their brand by not cutting corners.

This is a expensive replacement.
good job cab.

Malle
Rare Poster
Gear: North Vegas

Postby Malle » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Does anybody know where I could change my lines in Brazil? According to Cabrinhas homepage authorized dealers are only in south... and I'm in Jeri...

Return to “Kitesurfing”