Forum for kitesurfers
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Ram Air Inferiority - Updated + Hyperlinks

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:22 pm

You got it, voodoospirit - it's entirely possible I am the heaviest kiteboarder in Japan :D and the Synergy is like a soft C-kite - projected area is only 11.6m. Also, had it set up for max depower (internal straps) but anyone who knows an arc, knows how crap they are down the bottom end and how nearly limitless they are up the top. And I'm doubt I'm using them as efficiently as it could be ...

duloid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kralova, Dunaj, Slnava
Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DLX, Flysurfer Unity 8m, Flysurfer Speed 4 10m DLX, Xenon Rayo 130, Slingshot Celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby duloid » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:40 pm

guy's PMU is not kiteboarder he is just a unhappy person and that's why he is all up set about his life and pumps..
I found what is he talking about all the time, PMU is pumping is penis and writing posts again all foil kite because he has to pump it up and we don't .. so don't worry PMU that's fine and we all understand ... enjoy your pumping .

Penis pump

A penis pump is a cylinder that is fitted over the penis, with a manual or motorized pump to create suction. As the apparatus creates a partial vacuum around the penis, blood is drawn into the penis, helping it to become engorged. As vacuum increases, the difference between the inner blood-pressure and the pump pressure increases as well; excessive pressure causes vascular damage rather than a harder penis.
A penis pump with a translucent cylinder

Penis pumps, usually described in this context as vacuum pumps, have use in conventional treatment of impotence. The pump itself is essentially as described above, although often made to higher standards of quality with a much higher price, and arrangements for distribution by suppliers of medical equipment.

Flexible compression rings, commonly called cock rings, can be added. Fitted on the open end of the cylinder, then an erection is created by pumping. Then the rings are pushed by hand onto the base of the erect penis before releasing the vacuum. This restricts blood flow out of, but not into the penis, enabling the erection to be held even in the presence of problems of the vascular or nervous system which would otherwise lead to immediate loss of erection. In the best circumstances erections can be maintained for a considerable time, but manufacturers' literature recommends that, for safety, rings should be removed after no more than 30 minutes.

Pumping must be done very carefully, as if done incorrectly, serious injury may result. Over-enthusiastic pumping can burst blood vessels and form blisters. In some cases the testicles can be unexpectedly pulled into the cylinder and cause severe pain and injury.[citation needed] It is also believed that the rim of the cylinder can cut into the skin and over time cause damage to the ligaments surrounding the penis. Impatiently pumping without reading explanatory material can produce too much suction (any pressure lower than 10 torr/1,333 Pa)[citation needed] and cause permanent and irreparable injury. Attempts at using vacuum cleaner units for this purpose have resulted in extremely severe injuries because the machine produces far too much suction. However, scientists Graham Rutherford and Anne Henke have also undertaken significant research in this area, being funded by some of the major names in sexual pleasure toys, such as Ann Summers. Mild pumping has led to the strengthening and increased durability of penis muscles and also, for psychosomatic reasons, has led to decreased masturbatory rates in later life.[8]

duloid
Medium Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DLX, Flysurfer Unity 8m, Flysurfer Speed 4 10m DLX, Xenon Rayo 130, Slingshot Celeritas

Postby duloid » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:43 pm

How does it work? PMU's guide to pump

To use the device:

* Place the pump, which can be pumped by hand or run on batteries, over the penis.

* Pump the air out of the cylinder so that a vacuum is created. The vacuum draws blood into the shaft of the penis and causes it to swell and become erect.

* Once the penis is erect, with the help of lubricant, slide the retaining band down onto the lower end of the penis.

* Remove the pump after releasing the vacuum.

PMU is professional so he never releases the pump...

PUMP LOVER PMU

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:04 pm

duloid wrote:guy's PMU is not kiteboarder he is just a unhappy person and ....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have to agree in that context, ram airs would be doing an inferior pump job :jump:.

It is now clear what PMU :dumbo: was using the term efficient to.
Last edited by alexrider on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowspider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: trying sylvan in 09
tug hill 09
Style: beginer
Gear: 2m , 3.6m , 5m , 9m foils ,,, 7+10m slingshot turbo diesle's
ski boards and home made "snow spider"

Postby snowspider » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 pm

At the hospital where I work the AMS-700 series 3-piece inplant is a big seller , their web site states its "the gold standard " of inplants. Now I see what all the exitement is about.

crash&burn
Frequent Poster

Postby crash&burn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:23 pm

How would a comparable foil react to the 55 knot gusts my kite was getting blasted with?

no way on earth that he was ever out in 55knots.
why Tone, does the wind not blow that hard? The picture I posted was taken of me on 10/26/10
graph for that day

here is a pic of the system that produced the wind

here is the next day, we drove around Lake MI to position ourselves to get it again

my buddy on a 4m

I guess then there is no way that my friends and I did a 10 mile downwinder In which I self landed my 6m in that wind and then grabed my buddies kites, nah couldn't happen. These are the conditions (this being the extreme end of it) that I am demanding reliable performance out of my gear. Believe it or not the 4m was alot of fun and reacted like any other kite in appropriate wind.

WTF is up with the Penis Pumps

I asked for visual evidence of somebody actually killing it on foils and the only responses I got was two clips of a guy boosting, yeah that is not quite what I was looking for. Worse off those were posted by a pro of a pro and it was nic nac stuff that half the guys I ride with can do on any used sle out there. Tone questioned the validity of my post and the average foil rider whom I am asking for answers just started talking about Penis Pumps.

so PMU may not go about it the right way but you guys can't prove him wrong with anything worth looking at.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm

crash&burn wrote:
How would a comparable foil react to the 55 knot gusts my kite was getting blasted with?

no way on earth that he was ever out in 55knots.
why Tone, does the wind not blow that hard? The picture I posted was taken of me on 10/26/10
graph for that day

here is a pic of the system that produced the wind

here is the next day, we drove around Lake MI to position ourselves to get it again

my buddy on a 4m

I guess then there is no way that my friends and I did a 10 mile downwinder In which I self landed my 6m in that wind and then grabed my buddies kites, nah couldn't happen. These are the conditions (this being the extreme end of it) that I am demanding reliable performance out of my gear. Believe it or not the 4m was alot of fun and reacted like any other kite in appropriate wind.

WTF is up with the Penis Pumps

I asked for visual evidence of somebody actually killing it on foils and the only responses I got was two clips of a guy boosting, yeah that is not quite what I was looking for. Worse off those were posted by a pro of a pro and it was nic nac stuff that half the guys I ride with can do on any used sle out there. Tone questioned the validity of my post and the average foil rider whom I am asking for answers just started talking about Penis Pumps.

so PMU may not go about it the right way but you guys can't prove him wrong with anything worth looking at.
Read what I said, foils for me are lightwind kites....

I ride tubes in strong winds, but pulling some graph out of your ass doesn't prove to me you were out in 55 knot gusts..

55 knots is nearly hurricane force winds

crash&burn
Frequent Poster

Postby crash&burn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 pm

I ride tubes in strong winds, but pulling some graph out of your ass doesn't prove to me you were out in 55 knot gusts..

dude, what would you require for proof?
out of my ass? the wind graphs are on Ikitesurf for the dates I posted, Sheboygan WI/MI City Indiana(not that anybody really cares but you for some reason)10/26/10-10/27/10. Who the f-ck are you to decide based on nothing but your own idea of what is possible or what I did. If thats the case then just cause you say you ride tubes in strong wind doesn't prove to me that you do.
55 knots is nearly hurricane force winds
no shit ,way to state the obvious, what does the picture of the storm look like to you. What an nice person!!! sorry computer censor I meant douchebag
Last edited by crash&burn on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

duloid
Medium Poster

Postby duloid » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:12 am

to cash&burn :

I didn't reply your post, but PMU's

I personally wouldn't ride in 55 knots with any kite, my top with the foils is 35 and I don't want to ride in higher wind anyway...
saw a guy on youtube in 75 knots ...

if you like to ride in those condition you are the man ... respect , but thanks.. no that's not for me :o

I ride foils only, rode a tube ones , but didn't like it that much ... but if I don't ride them I don't write shit about them ... that's something what we call respect in kiteboarding ... ride and let others ride

all the foil riders are riding them for some reason and something what tube kites doesn't offer ... and the same with tube riders...

btw PMU started this post so I replied on his original post ...

so chill my man..

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 am

The fact is that ram airs become progressively less rideable and more dangerous as the wind picks up. Because they lack internal rigidity, they have the following problems in high winds:
1) Tendency to collapse asymmetrically in gusty conditions, often leading to explosive openings in the middle of the wind window.
2) Tendency to surge to the edge of the window, luff, and collapse.
3) Tendency to sit deeper in the window, making them harder to depower and use edging to control power.

Return to “Kitesurfing”